OP

alleged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Convertible
So the shop tells me they replaced one of the Rear Wheel Bearing and Hub Assemblies and the DTC was resolved. This doesn't make sense in the context of the above info about the BCM settings. Pick up the car tomorrow, and I've already ordered the Whipple tool, so I guess I'll see...
Sponsored

OP
OP

alleged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Convertible
So the shop tells me they replaced one of the Rear Wheel Bearing and Hub Assemblies and the DTC was resolved. This doesn't make sense in the context of the above info about the BCM settings. Pick up the car tomorrow, and I've already ordered the Whipple tool, so I guess I'll see...
So, I picked the car up today and they showed me the assembly they replaced. There's a magnetic ring around the bearing that's supposed to be flush that was recessed about 1/16". When they replaced the part the car was fine and there were not DTCs.

Interestingly enough, he told me before he flashed the PCU with my tuner, the car "learned" the new axle setting and corrected the speedometer.

I'm thinking the car did the same with the BCU, though I can't say for certain. My Whipple Flare tool showed up in the mail today, so I'll see what I see when I get it hooked up. But, it's looking like I didn't need it.

OP
OP

alleged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Convertible
Well, the Whipple tool showed that my Axle was still set at 3.15, so I changed it to 3.73.

When I've had a chance to drive the car a bit past the break-in period of 500 miles, I'll update my report.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
After the whipple flare tool did you notice power gains?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
After the whipple flare tool did you notice power gains?
You probably won't get a response. He hasn't been active since June 27th of last year

dzwestwindsor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 3.7
I'm curious too. Just got 3.73 gears put in my 2017 V6 and my SCT tuner was all I did to specify the 3.73 ratio. Car feels great. Wondering what changes the whipper flare or Forscan would make, if any.
Sponsored