Kaepernick and Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Castile was 32 years old and had been pulled over by police 52(!!!!) times for traffic violations. I'm sure he was a real treat to deal with and his companion was nothing but honest.

The only question I have is how did such a model citizen get/keep a permit to carry in the first place?
In the video of the shooting, I don't remember him being dishonest... not even sure why you are "sure" he was a treat to deal with based on the video.

And he was not stopped for a broken taillight... but because he matched the description of a robbery suspect. I mean... that is some BS right there.

Many of the violations he was polled over for over the years were dropped. Some say the area has a high rate of blacks being pulled over vs whites even though a study shown that blacks were less likely to have drugs vs. whites.

The fact that he had a permit lets you know he was an okay person and not out to shoot up the neighborhood. His GF said he was reaching for his ID... police officer said he thought he was reaching for a gun... but said he was "scared" since he smelled marijuana coming from the car while walking up.

Yea, scared.... go figure that one....

Anyway, I was not there and neither were you... so....

But I can tell you that some communities are policed much differently than others. For example, when I lived in MS, I decided to move to the other side of the tracks to save money (very heavy black/Hispanic population). My rent was dirt cheap there. At that time, I was basically going to work early, working late and on weekends out of town or hanging out with friends in other parts of the state or in FL. It worked.. I only needed a place to put my head down.

I got pulled over like three times off the bat. It was amazing. Once I got pulled over for not wearing a seat belt, even though it was on... but the police officer said I must have put it on when I pulled over... he wanted to search my car (I said no). I was also pulled over for going 37 in a 35. Okay, I was speeding... but really? 37? Heck, I was in a military uniform.

And I won't even mention the multiple road blocks the police setup... once early in the morning.. like 7 am. Most were at night.

My interactions with the police went up tremendously. Friend of mine said I had a nice car with tint and the police could not see inside... in that area, people with nice cars were targeted since they often had drugs. Okay... whatever. I got my butt out of there and went back across the tracks... and never got pulled over again....

The castile guy was pulled over on average 3 times per year... not that much. Due to my experience, I can see how that would happen in a town policed differently than what you and I might have grew up with or live in now.

In one study, it shown that police were pulling over black people at a rate of 300 percent to fund the city! Wow...

Feel lucky you and I don't have to live like that. You obviously have never been through anything like that... feel lucky but don't believe it has anything to do with your driving, how you were raised, etc.
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Amazing thing about Kaepernick ....raised by white adoptive family, good schools, college education... Suddenly decided to start kneeling to protest racial injustice by police officers after he started dating a co-founding member of BLM and had already been relegated to riding the bench. Where was he at before he started dating the co-founder of BLM?? He was too stupid to realize that his dumbass was being used by BLM as a mouthpiece. He was also to dumb to realize that wearing pig socks and Fidel Castro shirts was insulting to many and turned many off to what he was trying to accomplish.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Amazing thing about Kaepernick ....raised by white adoptive family, good schools, college education... Suddenly decided to start kneeling to protest racial injustice by police officers after he started dating a co-founding member of BLM and had already been relegated to riding the bench. Where was he at before he started dating the co-founder of BLM?? He was too stupid to realize that his dumbass was being used by BLM as a mouthpiece. He was also to dumb to realize that wearing pig socks and Fidel Castro shirts was insulting to many and turned many off to what he was trying to accomplish.
Hahahaha.

Another southern whitey raising the point that Kaepernick was raised by a "white adoptive family" as if he should be grateful for being dragged outta the ghetto and given a good white education. How dare he kneel after winning the white lottery? What a sorta uppity ginger does that? Does he not know his place?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I know all of that... I also grew up in a household deeply connected with law enforcement... on the "right side" of the connection. lol

Due to your reply, I'm sure you misunderstood the part of my post you quoted...

Don't worry, carry on....

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Where do you think the money goes? You believe police officers have no pressure to write tickets? Do you think they do it for fun? Obviously, it is done as a deterent... but you include money and money going to fund cities/towns, police raises, retirements, etc... it varies. That is money into the hands of the local gov't, if not directly, indirectly.

Search the internet (you can start with the Ferguson study... if Ferguson is a trigger for you, try St. Louis and forget Ferguson). Duhh.... yea, that is me rolling my eyes...

If you want to bury your head... so be it...

It your exact post why things don't change... not your issue, you don't see a problem. All you got out of my post was "money does not go to the city".

I get it, you did not live it and don't know how it feels to get ticketed to death. I don't either, to be honest. I went through that for three or four months and got the hell out of there... broke my lease and went back across the tracks. Buried my head and carried on with my life.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Slow what down? Last I remember even speed camera tickets won't ring you for 2 mph over the speed limit!!! Matter of fact, the speed camera nearest to me will only get you for 11 mph over. The others are close to 6 to 12 mph, but they are mostly in school zones between 20 to 35 or maybe 45 mph limit (DC is another story). I've not received a camera ticket. Sorry.... not sure what triggered you but relax.... if you don't like the facts of what people are going through, then don't post.

Saying what is a drop in the bucket to random place in Oklahoma in OK means nothing. We are talking specific places that have these issues. America is a large place....

Reading the studies MIGHT actually help stir a discussion... But I guess not... not sure what I was thinking.

What you decided to quote on makes no sense in relation to the overall post that I typed.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!

Finally... you get to what you REALLY want to say. You are right... false for some random spot in your part of the world. Sorry if I did not look up studies in your town. Ha ha.... And again, you decided to not lookup the studies I pointed out so there you go. No educated discussion here...

What a waste of time. LOL.

OK seems like a wonderful place to visit.... unless you are black and driving in Tulsa. Even Tulsa had over 7 million in court fines last years... a drop in the bucket according to you, our friendly forum billionaire.

If you are poor and get a $200 ticket you can't afford, what happens then? You are in the "system"... Fines for cities, counties, etc... new jails for rural communities. YOU keep thinking and wishing it is about $10. Make sure to wash that sand out of your hair before posting. Ha ha ha....

As one person put it, $10 might as well be 10 million when you don't have it. But I digress.

Last edited:

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
That’s a good point and all...except it can totally be avoided by...wait for it...NOT SPEEDING!!!
And there's a huge part of the problem... The segment of the population that refuses to accept that some people create their own drama. Its not my fault. I didn't do nuffin.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
That’s a good point and all...except it can totally be avoided by...wait for it...NOT SPEEDING!!!
And there's a huge part of the problem... The segment of the population that refuses to accept that some people create their own drama. Its not my fault. I didn't do nuffin.
Hey moonunits....when Castile was pulled over, shot and killed he was doing nothing wrong.

Wasn't speeding, had no "broken tail light". He was pulled over for being in possession of a motor vehicle while being black.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I think that is a nice argument.. and I agree.

But the huge point people like you refuse to understand is that you don't have to be speeding in some communities to get pulled over. What was Castile doing? Answer me that.....

Exactly what I keep saying... you and some others want to make an argument that does not stand up to the facts. At this point you are stuck on it so you won't listen, but that is all good. Long is you and your family don't get harassed, you don't see an issue.

Some communities are policed differently... but if you don't live it, then it does not matter.

LOVE to see your crying reaction when you are pulled over for "not having on a seat belt" when you actually have it on.... that happened to me. Or have you pulled over for going 2 mph over the speed limit.

Something happen to you or yours, your argument will go out the window... like all those people against the death penalty but then have someone kill their family and then all of sudden they are for the death penalty.

You will always have those people... they invite their own destruction. You are right...

But those people are not the argument here, unless you just wanted to type something. And that is fine...

Last edited:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I think that is a nice argument.. and I agree.

But the huge point people like you refuse to understand is that you don't have to be speeding in some communities to get pulled over. What was Castile doing? Answer me that.....

Exactly what I keep saying... you and some others want to make an argument that does not stand up to the facts. At this point you are stuck on it so you won't listen, but that is all good. Long is you and your family don't get harassed, you don't see an issue.

Some communities are policed differently... but if you don't live it, then it does not matter.

LOVE to see your crying reaction when you are pulled over for "not having on a seat belt" when you actually have it on.... that happened to me. Or have you pulled over for going 2 mph over the speed limit.

Something happen to you or yours, your argument will go out the window... like all those people against the death penalty but then have someone kill their family and then all of sudden they are for the death penalty.
while i appreciate you assuming you know everything about me, you're just wrong. i have been young and dumb before, ears pierced, loud music, etc...i got pulled over a few times for nothing, i was pretty mad, my father was pretty mad. however, i was nice and respectful like i was taught to be and nothing bad happened to me. i'm unfamiliar what happened to castile and it sounds like it was a case where the cop may have been in the wrong. are we gonna pretend no one makes mistakes? i'm on the side of MOST LEOs are trying to help, but of course you will have your bad apples. if you want to see what they deal with just watch some LIVE PD some time. i could not do what they do AND exercise restraint, no way.

also, there would be no crying reaction. "me and mine" don't waver too much. if i killed someone, my own mom would recommend the death penalty. we don't just look out for ourselves.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Hey moonunits....when Castile was pulled over, shot and killed he was doing nothing wrong.

Wasn't speeding, had no "broken tail light". He was pulled over for being in possession of a motor vehicle while being black.
Your maturity level obviously extends to your ability for rational thought. You either jump on the bandwagon of your movement without educating yourself, or you ignore the actual facts. Right at the beginning of the police video, the officer states he pulled Castile over for having a tail light out.

According to the most recent statistics I could find, a police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be shot and killed by an armed black man, than an unarmed black man is to be shot and killed by the police.

Police have the most stressful job in the world. Every day, the difference between ending up at home, or ending up at the morgue, could depend on a single decision. Usually they have only fractions of a second to make that decision. I'm not trying to justify what happened in this case because I don't know all the facts. I'm only addressing the larger problem.

If you want to do something to reduce the number of innocent people being shot by police, you need to do something to reduce the anxiety of the police. As a society, we need to reject criminal activity, and criminal lifestyles, instead of glorifying and emulating them.

When police don't have to fear being killed at every traffic stop, we can get to the bottom of whether police killings are racially motivated or not.

BTW, where is all the public outcry for the 600 some non-blacks killed by police last year? Hardly ever hear a word about those. If that's not racism, I don't know what is.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.