Sponsored

Went a little hard on the Dyno and blew my 2018 stock engine with turbos...car made big power though

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
False. My account isn't even monetized. I just purchased the engine today. Stop with the nonsense.
Good luck building and getting it running again. Despite our YouTube hatred here (it's nothing personal, too many people post YT videos trying to get views here), do a video of the build and install. But maybe do some pics and written explanation too, for those that refuse to watch YT videos on principal.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
At least his video was interesting. And not some dumb sh!t like "here are the 5 things I hate" about my Mustang. Or worse. I sold my mustang. Because I couldn't troubleshoot a simple misfire. :facepalm:

OP
OP
bakerjd

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
At least his video was interesting. And not some dumb sh!t like "here are the 5 things I hate" about my Mustang. Or worse. I sold my mustang. Because I couldn't troubleshoot a simple misfire. :facepalm:
I'll never resort to those clickbait vids. I decided to toss this together to explain what happened in an easier format and like you said, I thought peopleay be interested in it. I appreciate that by the way!

Good luck building and getting it running again. Despite our YouTube hatred here (it's nothing personal, too many people post YT videos trying to get views here), do a video of the build and install. But maybe do some pics and written explanation too, for those that refuse to watch YT videos on principal.
That's alright. I feel the same way about most YT garbage. I won't be posting videos solely to get views with garbage content. I would only post if I think it could be interesting. I'll definitely do more to catalog the build. There are a lot of unique and custom pieces on this car that people would probably enjoy seeing more on. I don't think I'll be able to get video of the engine being built as they're located in Florida while I'm in NC but we'll definitely go over the build sheet and install back into the car.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll never resort to those clickbait vids. I decided to toss this together to explain what happened in an easier format and like you said, I thought peopleay be interested in it. I appreciate that by the way!

That's alright. I feel the same way about most YT garbage. I won't be posting videos solely to get views with garbage content. I would only post if I think it could be interesting. I'll definitely do more to catalog the build. There are a lot of unique and custom pieces on this car that people would probably enjoy seeing more on. I don't think I'll be able to get video of the engine being built as they're located in Florida while I'm in NC but we'll definitely go over the build sheet and install back into the car.
Personally, I want to see the video of the carnage.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Where is part 2, at least show some pic's of the broken parts.

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Personally, I want to see the video of the carnage.
I hope we do get a part 2, it is hard to believe how many forum members are salty over this post.

Am I missing the part where OP linked a gofund me for his new motor?

OP
OP
bakerjd

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm working on part 2 now. Work has been tough recently and I've been stuck at the office for long hours. I'm trying to cut it down to under 15mins and minimize my rambling. I'll hopefully post it tomorrow.

Funny story about the whole GoFundMe idea...when I told my coworkers about this, the first thing someone said was "Let's start a GoFundMe to help get you a new engine!"...I promptly replied no and explained to her that while I thank her for wanting to help, GoFundMe is for situations where someone NEEDS help for serious matters and that I don't NEED this engine. It's a hobby and I knew what I was getting into. It's no one's responsibility but my own and I'll get it taken care of. I can't believe people actually think to use GoFundMe for anything like this lol /endrant

OP
OP
bakerjd

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had the video done. Clicked "Save As" and saved it on the current file name. Apparently the piece of shit that is Adobe Premiere wipes the file if you do that and you have to start over. I'm a little pissed off to say the least. I'll try again tomorrow night. As if having my in laws over this week wasn't frusterating enough. Fuck Adobe.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I had the video done. Clicked "Save As" and saved it on the current file name. Apparently the piece of shit that is Adobe Premiere wipes the file if you do that and you have to start over. I'm a little pissed off to say the least. I'll try again tomorrow night. As if having my in laws over this week wasn't frusterating enough. Fuck Adobe.

Avid is better but less tools go with it. The program automatically saves files on a regular basis (on Avid it is called the attic). I don’t know if Premiere has this but you might want to check. Always been with Avid when everyone said Final Cut, now they say Premiere. Commercial companies now use Premiere but for TV and movies they use Avid. Used that on two TV shows aired on the number one a two networks in Canada. We just made a 2.5 hour movie on Avid and the DNxHD and even DNxHR codecs seamlessly were made into movie DCPs (2K Flat, 5.1 audio). So it you get tired of Adobe then go Avid!

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming the rod broke, First I've seen of a 15+ putting a hole in the block due to rod failure if so...

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'm quite bored today. I think I might call a dyno shop and ask them if they had an opening so I can see how much my engine can take before it explodes. I just don't get it, but I'm old. Anyhow, congrats on taking responsibility, though for the life of me, I cannot figure out why someone would want to do this.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Are you boosted? No? But your tuned? Would you feel differently if this thread was about a tuned motor blowing up? It’s happened!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
In the gun world, we call them kersplosions.

I think a rod through a block can also be called a kersplosion.

OP
OP
bakerjd

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm quite bored today. I think I might call a dyno shop and ask them if they had an opening so I can see how much my engine can take before it explodes. I just don't get it, but I'm old. Anyhow, congrats on taking responsibility, though for the life of me, I cannot figure out why someone would want to do this.
You just described exactly what happened. Kudos. I should name my next video "Boredom blew my engine!"

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You just described exactly what happened. Kudos. I should name my next video "Boredom blew my engine!"
Unfortunately it looks like you posted this in the squid section, I sense a bunch of car show guys commenting here... You know the ones that love their bone stock car cause its so special! Forced Induction section next time might hold some better replies..
Sponsored