Sponsored

Voodo heads on my 5.0

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Besides everything that was already said, you should probably do some cams before headwork.

A pair of L&M intake only should be your next mod if you want more power, then ported heads and a custom set of exhaust cams.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
why not just buy the Aluminator 5.2 XS.

It's basically a Voodoo with a Coyote crank.
Makes 60hp more than the Voodoo as well...

With longtube headers and a non-emissions/factory warranty tune. I'd venture a Voodoo would make about the same numbers given the exact same setup.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
@Kenbike , seems to me you got a lot of good information here.

Why not consider the decent thing to do and 'like' or otherwise thank those who gave you some solid info.

Yeah, why should I give a shit??? Bothers me that folks would take the time to sincerely answer your questions and there's absolutely no thank you or acknowledgement of appreciation; just a follow up question that others take the time and answer that is again ignored. Take a look at the info @olaosunt gave you in post #12 two months ago. I'm guessing it took him/her at least 10 minutes, maybe up to 30, to research the links and type it up.

Last edited:

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
@Kenbike , seems to me you got a lot of good information here.

Why not consider the decent thing to do and 'like' or otherwise thank those who gave you some solid info.

Yeah, why should I give a shit??? Bothers me that folks would take the time to sincerely answer your questions and there's absolutely no thank you or acknowledgement of appreciation; just a follow up question that others take the time and answer that is again ignored. Take a look at the info @olaosunt gave you in post #12 two months ago. I'm guessing it took him/her at least 10 minutes, maybe up to 30, to research the links and type it up.

Couldnt agree more!

Specially considering how much info is available out there on the subject and it seems the op did very little or no research on his own before posting....

Asking to be spoonfed is gay.
Being spoonfed and not appreciative is supergay.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
With longtube headers and a non-emissions/factory warranty tune. I'd venture a Voodoo would make about the same numbers given the exact same setup.
Including race gas. Voodoo makes the same or more.

Actually a voodoo probably makes closer to 600 with a CJ manifold, LTH, and race gas.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Including race gas. Voodoo makes the same or more.

Actually a voodoo probably makes closer to 600 with a CJ manifold, LTH, and race gas.
About that CJ manifold.........

"Kershaw mentions, “Maintaining idle and emissions is critical and far easier with the round throttle body. The GT350 was able to hit its performance targets with a slightly larger 87 mm over the GT’s 80 mm. The GT350 manifold has proven so good that we tried to make a slightly modified Cobra Jet manifold that would package under the S550 hoodline but it wasn’t any better than the stock GT350 with the stock, round throttle body. With a cowl hood or lowered engine, the Cobra Jet manifold is worth some power but few customers are interested in going down that path. We developed a 92 mm but the gain was so minimal that we have shelved it for now. Plus, it would be off-road only and currently we don’t see the level of aftermarket support to make it worthwhile.”"

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2005, 2011, 2016 Mustang GTPP (Code_Blu), 2016 GT350R (Bloo-Doo)
Well I have built the 5.2l Voodoo with CPC and have just updated it with the CJ manifold and twin 65TB with the FR CAI into modified AirAid sealed box. On E85 and a tight Dyno (not dynoJet) we made SAE 530 hp and 438 torque with 400 torque at 3100 rpm and maintaining it to 7K rpm with the peak at 5600 rpm iirc. It also can turn up to 8400 rpm. It pulls hard all the way to 8K...feels like a supercharged car. The tune is spot on and idles perfect.. drivability is better than my GT350R that is still stock. The torque down low is very good. It still has the VCT and I raced it for 2 seasons using the the GT350 manifold and the 87 mm TB making 493 hp on 93 and 505 hp on E85.
the only issue I have is that it tends to push a little blowby oil past the front seal. I have changed it a couple times...once when I upgraded to the ATI Damper.

I have yet to have a GT350R pull me on the Road coarse this year...even against a long tube header and tuned 350R.
20180830_201844  email.JPG

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Well I have built the 5.2l Voodoo with CPC and have just updated it with the CJ manifold and twin 65TB with the FR CAI into modified AirAid sealed box. On E85 and a tight Dyno (not dynoJet) we made SAE 530 hp and 438 torque with 400 torque at 3100 rpm and maintaining it to 7K rpm with the peak at 5600 rpm iirc. It also can turn up to 8400 rpm. It pulls hard all the way to 8K...feels like a supercharged car. The tune is spot on and idles perfect.. drivability is better than my GT350R that is still stock. The torque down low is very good. It still has the VCT and I raced it for 2 seasons using the the GT350 manifold and the 87 mm TB making 493 hp on 93 and 505 hp on E85.
the only issue I have is that it tends to push a little blowby oil past the front seal. I have changed it a couple times...once when I upgraded to the ATI Damper.

I have yet to have a GT350R pull me on the Road coarse this year...even against a long tube header and tuned 350R.
Do you mean you put a 5.2 Aluminator crate engine in, or rebuilt an existing Voodoo into a CPC configuration? Do you have a thread about this? Very interested.

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2005, 2011, 2016 Mustang GTPP (Code_Blu), 2016 GT350R (Bloo-Doo)
Do you mean you put a 5.2 Aluminator crate engine in, or rebuilt an existing Voodoo into a CPC configuration? Do you have a thread about this? Very interested.
I bought all the Voodoo motor parts and assembled it myself. This was right before SEMA 2016 before the 5.2XS was available. I got the first 5.2L Voodoo Heads available to public 3 weeks before SEMA. I had already built the short block and was waiting on the heads...they were delayed almost a month past the date I was told they would be available. I did minor head porting on the exhaust ports and polished the chambers and CC'ed them. Stock rods and Pistons not the Manley rods in the Aluminator but the stock rods are forged and slightly lighter. It was built to handle Road Racing and hopefully live for sevearal seasons. So far so good.
I have a GTPP car...I pulled the 5.0 and swapped in the 5.2L Voodoo CPC. No real build thread but I have lots of photos in my smug mug account. IG account is AceOne_Performance and there are pics posted in IG.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now

what cams and dear god I love that setup!!

GT350 heads and a CJ intake has got to be glorious!!

I have a major hardon for big HP NA builds!!.

Killer setup!!

Sponsored

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what cams and dear god I love that setup!!

GT350 heads and a CJ intake has got to be glorious!!

I have a major hardon for big HP NA builds!!.

Killer setup!!

Thanks! Cams are the Ford Racing CPC conversion cams. Same lift and duration as the Voodoo cams just different firing order. 14mm lift and 270 duration. They are very good cams.

Here is the current engine bay. Its almost ready for SEMA!
CJ Engine Bay DIB.JPG

Last edited:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
About that CJ manifold.........

"Kershaw mentions, “Maintaining idle and emissions is critical and far easier with the round throttle body. The GT350 was able to hit its performance targets with a slightly larger 87 mm over the GT’s 80 mm. The GT350 manifold has proven so good that we tried to make a slightly modified Cobra Jet manifold that would package under the S550 hoodline but it wasn’t any better than the stock GT350 with the stock, round throttle body. With a cowl hood or lowered engine, the Cobra Jet manifold is worth some power but few customers are interested in going down that path. We developed a 92 mm but the gain was so minimal that we have shelved it for now. Plus, it would be off-road only and currently we don’t see the level of aftermarket support to make it worthwhile.”"
Where did that quote come from? I’d be interested to read the whole thing.

Re-reading that quote it seems no manifold designed to fit the stock 350 surrounds will be of greater benefit to the engine. However, they mention idle and emissions - a 52XS on race gas isn’t compatible even with a voodoo intake and 87mm throttle body. What I’m trying to say is, a voodoo with race gas, the CJ and oval throttle body (that doesn’t care about emissions) will make the same or more power.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Where did that quote come from? I’d be interested to read the whole thing.

Re-reading that quote it seems no manifold designed to fit the stock 350 surrounds will be of greater benefit to the engine. However, they mention idle and emissions - a 52XS on race gas isn’t compatible even with a voodoo intake and 87mm throttle body. What I’m trying to say is, a voodoo with race gas, the CJ and oval throttle body (that doesn’t care about emissions) will make the same or more power.

Here's the article. They weren't using a Voodoo engine but they were discussing the different intake options and how and why the accommodate what they do.

https://www.fordmuscle.com/tech-sto...old-shootout-gt-gt350-boss-302-and-cobra-jet/
Sponsored