Sponsored

Bullitt to Europe confirmed?!

Biffboff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Some questions to any of the lucky B#######S that have collected their Bullitt mustang already and have found the time when not driving it to read this forum...

1/ Does the UK spec Bullitt Mustang have electric folding wing mirrors? I have a photo of the door card of a US Bullitt and the switch is blanked out...

2/ Are the Recaro seats electric. According to my dealer they don't think so but I have a photo of a RHD Bullitt sat in a showroom in the UK with the controls on the side of the seat. And as you know we only get the Recaros over here..

Can't really blame the dealers for not knowing they haven't been given any information. Even the brochures in the showroom are for the MY18. Bit disappointing..

Just heard from the dealer that I can pick mine up on Friday morning :whew:

I'll try to post some pictures that day, after a little drive time :like:

Sorry don't know how I double posted ???
Sponsored

Last edited:

Biffboff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Just heard from the dealer that I can pick mine up on Friday morning :whew:

I'll try to post some pictures that day, after a little drive time :like:

As promised some pictures, and to answer Spiders questions;

Yes the mirrors fold.....but there is always a but, in that they only fold in as much as the 15-17 year do manually, so very little and the passenger mirror is still offset.

The Recaros are electrically adjustable in the same way as the standard leather seats, manual seat back adjustment also the same.

The guys at the dealer also said that all Ford stores got two each, they get there second one in November, and the next delivery they have been scheduled in February next year then a long wait after that.

Sad to see my old car go but after 100 miles I am happy as f*^k. Even with it pissing down.

As for the driving experience it a great step forward, the clutch is now almost perfect as so easy to find the bite point and makes it a smoother drive, the gearbox does not feel as notchy and has a good positive feel, I was expecting the seats to take time to get used to but they are comfortable straight away. My old car had Borla S axle back and a great sound, In the Bullitt the Normal setting is as loud as the Borla !! Quiet is just that-quiet, and Sport is only a little more and race sounds like straight through but no rasp. The rev match is interesting !! not decided on that yet, works seamlessly on the down changes.

That's it for now, any questions just ask and I'll answer when I can as going little road trip tomorrow in the rain back Sunday.

Goodbye Magnetic hello Bullitt
Inked1 mustang_LI.jpg

The dealer has no idea how they number the cars, so probably random.
IMG_0385.jpg
IMG_3636.jpg

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
How is the drive line shunt with the new box? Has that been improved at all?

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt

Yes the mirrors fold.....but there is always a but, in that they only fold in as much as the 15-17 year do manually, so very little and the passenger mirror is still offset.
Just need them to fold electrically so that I can get through the garage door without having to get out :)

My ford store hasn't got any but has a build date for one in October. More pics as always please :thumbsup:

Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Looks Great, Congrats Biffboff looks really Cool, should turn a few heads, I wonder who will get theirs next.

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301

The Recaros are electrically adjustable in the same way as the standard leather seats, manual seat back adjustment also the same.

The guys at the dealer also said that all Ford stores got two each, they get there second one in November, and the next delivery they have been scheduled in February next year then a long wait after that.

Sad to see my old car go but after 100 miles I am happy as f*^k. Even with it pissing down.

As for the driving experience it a great step forward, the clutch is now almost perfect as so easy to find the bite point and makes it a smoother drive, the gearbox does not feel as notchy and has a good positive feel, I was expecting the seats to take time to get used to but they are comfortable straight away. My old car had Borla S axle back and a great sound, In the Bullitt the Normal setting is as loud as the Borla !! Quiet is just that-quiet, and Sport is only a little more and race sounds like straight through but no rasp. The rev match is interesting !! not decided on that yet, works seamlessly on the down changes.

That's it for now, any questions just ask and I'll answer when I can as going little road trip tomorrow in the rain back Sunday.

Goodbye Magnetic hello Bullitt
Inked1 mustang_LI.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg
IMG_3636.jpg
My sentiments exactly !
After 5 days of driving here:
The transmission is a dream
The recaros are fine
The rev match is fun
The whole thing seems so much smoother and silkier than my 2016 manual GT

Just love it!!!!

Sponsored

Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think delivery is random. I paid my deposit April 12th and no news here either....but who wants their shiny V8 delivered in the middle of winter..
Very similar timings, ordered in March, deposit taken in April, confirmation May, I am not going to get too worked up about delivery as long as I eventually get it, which hopefully we all will. As for driving it I'd only take it out in dry weather until the underseal was sorted.

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
IMG_0385.jpg
Just watched a review and according to the reviewer although the Bullitt has its own VIN sequence the cars are not built in that sequence but the K number is the build / off the line sequence i.e. if I remember correctly his car was VIN .....12 but the K number was 95 meaning his was the 95th Bullitt to be build.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Auto Express published yesterday

On the move, the Bullitt feels predictably meaty in its personality, with a fair bit of inertia to keep in check if and when you start to drive it quickly. But it is aided here by Ford’s optional new MagneRide system, which improves the body control while offering a ride that is decidedly more soothing than normal. This set-up is worth the £1,600 extra.

But the best bit about the Bullitt on the move is what it sounds like, especially when you reach the final 2,000rpm. On paper the improvement in acceleration is negligible, but subjectively it feels a lot sharper than the regular V8 – producing a monster sound to go with it.

Verdict
More than just a pretty face, the Ford Mustang Bullitt is a proper, if slightly old-school V8 sports car. Its engine breathes more freely and therefore sounds better than ever. It looks brilliant, and is even pretty good to drive – in a traditional, chest thumping kind of way. The £5,000 premium quite a bit to ask, however.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/mustang/104955/new-ford-mustang-bullitt-review

alp_4785.jpg

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
It's just been pointed out to me that Bullitt The Movie was premiered 50 years ago today in the USA

17th Oct 1968 - 17 Oct 2018

:party::party::party:

Not one of McQueen's best movies but great car chase :thumbsup:

Bullittdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi new to the site, collected my Bullitt from Allen Ford last Sunday, think most things on UK spec now been clarified, but on green stitching, my car has green stitching to door panels, centre console, knee bolsters and centre console box lid, but not to the tops of the dashboard cowls like the US spec cars - just the normal moulded fake stitching. In addition my floormats are standard black, not green stitched - can anyone confirm this is the same for all UK cars or have I just been given the wrong mats! Share the disappointment of others about the strut brace, centre dials, torsen diff etc ..... but the sound when it starts up is amazing!
Sponsored