Sponsored

Power Pack 2 tune for Aus/UK?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks mate, that’s an eye opener. I just realised it’s the kit with the IM included.
This is the kit I was looking at: https://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/...mance-cold-air-intake-calibration-kit/2216661

Nonetheless, is this the same as the US kit or a dedicated export version?
I just had a read...
It includes the 350 airbox, not the Inlet Manifold.
The gains are meagre at best. “Up to 21hp” :doh:
Seriously, you’d hardly even notice it.
If you were buying it locally to protect your warranty, you could make a case for it, but to pay THAT much money for THOSE gains AND lose warranty, it’s a no from me.
Guys in the US do it frequently, but it’s HEAPS cheaper and they keep warranty :thumbsup:

For clarity, my mate Josh picked up at least double that by doing 3” catback (like everybody else), CAI and a tune for e85. Similar cost (including the exhaust) double the result.
Sponsored

Langburger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
just crashing your thread !
I have the PP2 kit fitted by Ford to a UK car
Be careful though as the map is VIN specific and also needs to be "released" for your domestic market, so don't buy from the US or even the UK. It wont work.
However it makes a hell of a difference
I run on 99 and it feels like a completely different car
I am sure its adding more than 21bhp
Of course our cars are compromised by the rhd manifolds but i think, running on super unleaded, the gains reflect proportionally the gains seen in the motiq article.

OP
OP
Aubrey

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful though as the map is VIN specific and also needs to be "released" for your domestic market, so don't buy from the US or even the UK. It wont work.
Of course our cars are compromised by the rhd manifolds but i think, running on super unleaded, the gains reflect proportionally the gains seen in the motiq article.
Great feedback, many thanks!

OP
OP
Aubrey

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I installed the local version supplied by Herrod Performance and the results seem to be at least as good as expected maybe a bit better.
Mjo5HneAQt2y8uJaLuwk6Q.jpg
herrod-performance-2017-mustang-atmo-pack-dyno-chart.jpg

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I installed the local version supplied by Herrod Performance and the results seem to be at least as good as expected maybe a bit better.
Mjo5HneAQt2y8uJaLuwk6Q.jpg
herrod-performance-2017-mustang-atmo-pack-dyno-chart.jpg
I find the whole thing quite interesting.
Herrod show a peak of 23rwkw over stock. I’m assuming they’re using their hub dyno which will tend to read higher than a roller obviously. Slight gains pretty much throughout the entire rev range. Call it almost 10% gain at a peak of 5261rpm.
You car shows a 7rwkw gain (less than 1/3 of the claimed increase) at around 6,200rpm.
Looks kinda weird to me :beer:

OP
OP
Aubrey

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going for another dyno on Friday, at least to verify the current PP2 tune and outputs. Hopefully within a small margin from this dyno.

I can’t explain the pre-PP2 results, the output seemed unusually high, and then it didn’t improve by much after PP2 was installed.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going for another dyno on Friday, at least to verify the current PP2 tune and outputs. Hopefully within a small margin from this dyno.

I can’t explain the pre-PP2 results, the output seemed unusually high, and then it didn’t improve by much after PP2 was installed.
It’s weird. Very weird.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hi Aubrey, it's a long shot but is there any chance it already had a tune of some description?

OP
OP
Aubrey

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Aubrey, it's a long shot but is there any chance it already had a tune of some description?
That thought also crossed my mind, they said that they did an update at the first service, maybe they loaded the wrong tune?

Sponsored

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
That thought also crossed my mind, they said that they did an update at the first service, maybe they loaded the wrong tune?
This is entirely possible! I heard that Ford Dealers were given a copy of the GT350 tune to start some trials on local cars in order to help homologation of the GT350 for Australia. I believe the plan was to flash the tune onto customer's cars who's displacement measured on the higher side of tolerance (closer to the GT350 5.2l) in order to get the most accurate comparison.

OP
OP
Aubrey

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Haha! That would be very interesting. I have my first annual service in a few weeks, I'll see what I can find out.