Sponsored

Meguiars Plastic Restorer

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Took it to someone that details cars and they said laquer thinner. they got
some off but it took awhile. Im not going to go there. I tried the rubbing alcohol and some tools that I won't mention and I got it completely off of one
spot. I estimate another 4 or 5 hours and I should have it off. I'm investing in some masking tape or using something else for the black trim! The stuff works great but if you use it, mask the paint:amen:
Tell us how you did it because at some point in the future, someone is going to Google the same question, come across this thread and you'll have an answer for them.
Sponsored

BmoreRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ruby Red V6
Try Trinova plastic restorer. Fabulous stuff. Absolutely fabulous. It's clear, works on all kinds of surfaces, doesn't run, dries very quickly and when it does, a coat of sealant like Turtle Wax Ice will protect it and help it remain black for a long time. In addition the coat of Ice helps it repel water and adds UV protection.

If any of the Trinova gets on the paint, it wipes off easily.

I usually use Ice liquid every season and some Ice spray wax whenever I wash the car. Both of those are great for black trim and add protection. But the Trinova restorer does an excellent job of making it black and leaving a nice finish.