Sponsored

LED question

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If replacing front parkers with LED do you need Canbus versions, I have read different opinions about this
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if it's mandatory, but I have the Philips Ultinon T10 (supplied by Blingwork) and have had no issues in 2.5 years.

They are a bastard to get in, I eventually had an auto electrician do it for me.

OP
OP
gj

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
interesting, some sites say those are for Canbus others say not for canbus parkers

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
Any Quality Brand LED T10 globe will do.
Does not have to be canbus specific.
I am using Narva 18062BL globes and they been trouble free for 18 mths now.

OP
OP
gj

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Any Quality Brand LED T10 globe will do.
Does not have to be canbus specific.
I am using Narva 18062BL globes and they been trouble free for 18 mths now.
Great, thanks for the info

Sponsored

ozpointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
I have tried placing an LED in boot and it kept going out. The two in the map lights work great. I would replace the LED it with the original light globe and the globe stays illuminated. No idea why, but frustrating. After several attempts and getting the same results I gave up on the idea of using a LED in the boot and replacing any other incandescent light globes. Though I would really love to get rid of those weak looking globes that are supposed to pass as DTRL's.

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
I have tried placing an LED in boot and it kept going out. The two in the map lights work great. I would replace the LED it with the original light globe and the globe stays illuminated. No idea why, but frustrating. After several attempts and getting the same results I gave up on the idea of using a LED in the boot and replacing any other incandescent light globes. Though I would really love to get rid of those weak looking globes that are supposed to pass as DTRL's.
I replaced the incandescent boot globe with LED no problem ( hard to know why it goes out without actually seeing it)
I also added LED strips as per post below.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/trunk-leds-illumination-mod.57817/#post-1355373

JOS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Ozpointer,
Got the same result, I have led interior( map, visor, glove), fog & parkers. Can not get the boot to work. Several attempts as well. The only thing I think it might be is the bulb housing. Was going to get a new one to see but gave up. The original globe always works fine. Sorry I'm not much help.

ozpointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
MaxQ, thanks for the link, interesting to hear that your LED in boot works. That is a fantastic way to get extra LED lighting into the boot.
I might get brave enough to give this a try.
I cannot find the LED so not sure what brand or lumens it was, but definitely would light up and then turn off as the boot is opened.

JOS, thanks anyway,at least we have experienced the same frustrating result with placing an LED in the boot. I'm not technical so I have no answer either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gj

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I installed the Narva 18062BL and like Drewbo said they are a pain in the arse
Best to disconnect the plug first by pulling straight out then twist the fitting with pliers then remove the globe
I will change the yellow DRL's next, they look easy to get to, any recommendations on what LED's to use?
I noticed people talking about switching to a LED boot light, mine is a 17 and has LED in the boot for some reason

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I used the Konik P13W from Blingwork auto for the drls....no issue with them for the past couple of years.
Sponsored

Reactions: gj