Sponsored

Shift linkage Issue? WTF?

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So last night i made a quick run to the market, barely 5 miles away if that. On my way back, came to a stop sign - clutch in > neutral > looked > clutch in an go to put it in first and i get this???

I literally cannot feel any gear and can rotate the shifter 360 degrees in a circle. Seems to be stuck in 4th i think.

Wasn't beating on it and haven't had a spirited drive in months... what gives? I dropped it off at the dealership this morning but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and what it could be / worth me purchasing any upgraded components. What a great Monday.
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Sounds like the linkage rod came disconnected or broke

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
There's only one screw holding the linkage to the input shaft on the transmission. Could be that backed out. There are also, what, 3 joints in the "floppy d" linkage? Either way, if it isn't seeing gates you're not connected to the transmission. Might be a good time for an MGW, Barton, or Triax. I love my MGW. :-)

OP
OP
Murdered0ut150

Murdered0ut150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
There's only one screw holding the linkage to the input shaft on the transmission. Could be that backed out. There are also, what, 3 joints in the "floppy d" linkage? Either way, if it isn't seeing gates you're not connected to the transmission. Might be a good time for an MGW, Barton, or Triax. I love my MGW. :-)
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. Quick update the dealership called and said two of the bolts that mount it to the trans , 1 was gone and the 2nd was holding on by a thread :/. The BEST news is it’s not stock lol, previous owner within 9k miles of owning it dropped something in it aftermarket ( hoping it’s a Barton haha) they’re calling me back tmrw because they had moved onto another car and didn’t take 2 secs to look what brand it was.

I was always thinking, why are so many people complaining about the stock shifter, mine seems incredibly awesome hahah I guess the previous owner installed with his eyes closed smh...

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
two of the bolts that mount it to the trans , 1 was gone and the 2nd was holding on by a thread :/.
I think that almost HAS to be an MGW then. The Barton and Steeda both use the stock linkage, so there would only be 1 screw. Previous owner probably just didn't use lockite on it, which is ridiculous because they GIVE you little pouches in the install kit. Glad it wasn't something major.
Sponsored