Sponsored

All NEW: OPT7 S550 Full LED DRL/Turn Signal with Sequential and Switchback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangFan27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black PP
@MustangFan27 since you've had to install 3 times now, do you do it with the front bumper cover on or off? Any tips?
Not at all. I actually only did it twice. The original lights worked, but only when the lights were either actually on. When they were off during the day, the amber sequential lights did not work. I had to drive around with my lights in park until I got my new set.

When I installed mine, I just took off the wheel and accessed the indicators that way. It was pretty easy and no wires to modify. Not hard at all. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thank you @MustangFan27 for the info. Do they actually work both as DRLs during the day and parking lights at night? My understanding is that they only work as parking lights and that there is no actual DRL function, unless you set the headlight switch to β€œparking” during the day.

Also is there anyone who has installed them on a European car? I need to make sure that they will work on my car, as well as some info on the wiring so that I do the wire splicing.

@opt7lighting can you chime in?

Last edited:

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
My left one is still bad on cold days, fortunately they work properly when warm or hazards so I passed inspection in July. Haven't heard from opt 7 in a year or so, they would PM me every few months then ignore my replies so i guessed they stopped even trying to put on a show of support. Shame as they are still the best looking on the market

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Do you guys try contacting them through email and their website? You have to understand that the forums are an extra way to promote their product, not the primary avenue for support. Check their profile and you'll notice the last login on here was back in July.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Do you guys try contacting them through email and their website? You have to understand that the forums are an extra way to promote their product, not the primary avenue for support. Check their profile and you'll notice the last login on here was back in July.
Yeah I emailed and never got a response. Just gave it one last shot on their website, I'll keep everyone up to date on here about their actions (or lack thereof)

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
With all this negative comments about their customer service I am a bit skeptical about buying them. Also I keep reading about people reporting issues with these lights. Have these problems been addressed in their latest version?

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
With all this negative comments about their customer service I am a bit skeptical about buying them. Also I keep reading about people reporting issues with these lights. Have these problems been addressed in their latest version?
I've gotten these and they look GREAT. I ordered them fairly soon after they came out and the first set didn't work. They sent me another set that didn't work. Both had the same problem. They only worked when the headlights were on which was obviously not acceptable. The third time was a charm. They continue to look good and work well but I don't put a lot of miles on my car. They seem to have gotten the compatibility issue fixed but I'm also concerned about the quality given it took them three tries. That being said, I really do like them and am glad I installed them. Not sure that helped but that has been my experience.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for sharing your experience @pjk. That's exactly my point, I live in Europe and I don't want to risk having to send the lights back to the US if they don't work.

They look great indeed but it seems that there are quality issues and that their customer service is not as good as it should be. So...

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
Thanks for sharing your experience @pjk. That's exactly my point, I live in Europe and I don't want to risk having to send the lights back to the US if they don't work.

They look great indeed but it seems that there are quality issues and that their customer service is not as good as it should be. So...
I think they have the quality issue resolved, but, if I were in Europe I'd probably not order. 3rd party LEDs are notoriously buggy. (just my experience) I've also ordered numerous things from Diode Dynamics and every thing other than interior lights needed to be replaced multiple times. While their quality is questionable their customer service is excellent. Still it's a hassle to install things 3 times just to get it working.

Good luck!!!!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
It seems that nine out of ten people report issues with these lights. I think I am not gonna bother with the OPT's. Unfortunately @Diode Dynamics have withdrawn their product from their website and they have not launched yet a European version... I am waiting impatiently on that and I hope to be able to buy their turn signals before I sell the car

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I think the solution is given in line 70 in the following spreadsheet, that shows how to address the turn signal hyperflash due to aftermarket LEDs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6AjN_t9rWvz0npQpcBbU_u0/htmlview#gid=53101868

So if you go to block 726-27-01 xXxx xxxx xxxx and you change X from 1 to 0, you should be able to eliminate the problem, without the need to upgrade to the new harness that OPT7 is giving out, or without upgrading to the latest version of their lights.

Has anyone tried this? @Glenn G (and others) did you try to change that value to see if this fixes the β€œgalloping” issue you are experiencing?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.