Sponsored

Fit and Finish at its Best

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
As an owner of a 2019, I now can say I understand the fit and finish criticism. Re the first picture - I never noticed that until I saw gold-pony's recent video and I thought, hmm I'll go have a look. Sure enough, the same gap on the same side. Not present on the other side....

IMG_8484.JPG
IMG_8485.PNG
IMG_8398.JPG
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Sorry to hear that man. It the norm rather than the exception it seems. My 2018 has its issues as well.

OP
OP
TTown

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Is it weird that b/c the vehicle is fun, sits in a unique niche in the auto world, and scratches a sports/muscle car itch (at a reasonable price) that I for some reason don't really care too much about the above? As I think about it, I don't think I'd give most any other make or model a pass. In fact, I think i'd be stunned to see these things on a lot of makes I've been accustomed to (Toyota, Lexus, etc.).

It really perplexes me that say, with respect to the first pic above, a car can in this day and age actually leave a manufacturing plant like that. The little paint blemish is really pretty small; the pic just amplifies it a lot. I can see how that could go unnoticed. I've never really paid much attention to panel alignment but I"m guessing the 2nd pic would not be a common occurrence across most manufacturers (or across vehicles I've owned if I went around and scrutinized them).

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Definitely unacceptable

juandagis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto 2018 Ford F150 STX 2.7
As an owner of a 2019, I now can say I understand the fit and finish criticism. Re the first picture - I never noticed that until I saw gold-pony's recent video and I thought, hmm I'll go have a look. Sure enough, the same gap on the same side. Not present on the other side....

IMG_8484.JPG
IMG_8485.PNG
IMG_8398.JPG
My father has a 2018 Mustang Gt and has similar problems. The front bumper gaps are ok, but underneath the passengers headlight there is a large gap and you can see the bottom of the headlight that is not visible on the driver side. Bad mold? I'll post pictures soon.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
My father has a 2018 Mustang Gt and has similar problems. The front bumper gaps are ok, but underneath the passengers headlight there is a large gap and you can see the bottom of the headlight that is not visible on the driver side. Bad mold? I'll post pictures soon.

The funny part is that my car is literally perfect in this regard. I have the Herts version V6 commercial fleet vehicle. Bought it from fleet sales still in the wrap. I always thought the large orders got a bit more attention that the consumer runs. I would even bet the fleet vehicles got the latest evap core before the consumer vehicles because a thousand rentals all losing A/C at the same time would be bad for business. I don’t care that much about this unless things are rubbing together but I do know large fleet orders get more TLC than the consumer cars.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I was more than surprised seeing promo pics of the 18 before it hit the streets that even a redesign of the hood and fascia and they still couldn't get those to line up properly. My 15 was bad in that regard and so were a lot of cars that had body fit issues like is shown here. Really disappointing that ~4 years later and they seem to not give a damn about things like this.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
My 15 has the EXACT same bumper cover/headlight fitment on passenger side, My hood gaps are insane, my rear bumper cover also fits poorly where it meets rear fenders/sides of trunk.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
My 2015 had 3 body panel issues from the factory, hood, trunk, and passenger door. A trip to a Ford dealership with an in house body shop fixed all 3 panel issues in less than an hour.

I have near perfect alignment on pics 1,3 from the factory.
Sponsored