Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
I always have felt that the ergonomics of the Focus are poor (for my body type). I'm 6'4" and fit better in the Mustang than most other cars. The Focus seems to be designed for small people.

I have never been comfortable in a Focus - even those setup with relatively soft suspension. And Recaros would not help, either.
I couldn't agree more with this, I'm 6'3" and fit way better in the Mustang vs the RS. Simple things like taking my wallet out in the drive through is tough in the RS because my knees are all up in the dash. I do love the Recaros though...
Sponsored

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
I couldn't agree more with this, I'm 6'3" and fit way better in the Mustang vs the RS. Simple things like taking my wallet out in the drive through is tough in the RS because my knees are all up in the dash. I do love the Recaros though...
I have the opposite experience as I have shorter legs but a longer torso.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the opposite experience as I have shorter legs but a longer torso.
Yeah, I'm all legs and learned early on to take my wallet/phone out before getting in the RS.

OP
OP

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Is suspension the only thing you consider for comfort? Because I don't consider the two to be exact synonyms. When I state "comfort", I consider things like seating position, storing items, accessibility, etc. If you feel like a low coupe isn't less practical than a hatchback, then those items probably aren't a priority for you. They may be for op, since he's considering an RS versus the GT350 in the first place, a slightly strange comparison otherwise.
I own a 350 but I'm looking to get rid of my automatic DD for something fun. AWD and manual is a must along with performance which led me to the Focus or Golf. Now that I've driven one I can say that I was not disappointed performance wise which was my biggest concern. The last thing I wanted was to drive my 350 and then get into another manual and feel like I was driving a Prius.

The ride doesn't bother me much and although the seats are somewhat high and close to the wheel it's kind of how I like to be positioned anyway. I feel more in control being closed to the wheel...looks a bit dorky but IDGAF. Much easier car to drive (no tramlining, better visibility, clearance) than the 350. I really like the tight fit of the seats (5'10 180) in comparison to the 350 sofas that don't hold you in anywhere near as tight.
Sponsored