Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Here it is!!! The Mustang PP2 is better than a kia and not as good as a GT350.
upload_2018-10-5_13-11-44.png
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
From day 1 Jamaal Hameedi said that the Voodoo would only ever be placed in a GT350 Mustang, no other version of the car. They also openly talked about how the Voodoo with its inherent vibrational characteristics was cracking the racing headers on the GT350R-C, as those headers do not have the vibrational damping that the production cars have. They actually praised the engine itself for its durability and the way it performed on track.

And considering the GT350 offers performance on par with cars costing 3times its price, while offering a driving experience/engine that can only be found in cars costing 6-10 times its price, I would say it is a pretty good value.

And if you really are an engineer, smarten the fuck up. You're embarrassing yourself and our profession. Your attitude of "I'm right, you're wrong, everyone else is stupid because they don't agree with my perspective" is EXACTLY the type that gives engineers a bad name, and the type that people HATE to deal with in the workforce. Seriously, give your head a shake. You don't automatically get or respect because you got a ring on your finger. You earn it based on your work ethic and your personality.
He not an engineer yet!

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
He not an engineer yet!
In for a rude awakening once he gets out in the real world... try that cocky know it all attitude with some of the craft and he's liable to get punched in the mouth LOL

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The 350 brakes better (wrong, same distance, 94 ft from 60), is lighter (wrong, about 3700 vs 3800), is faster in a straightline (manual vs manual) (only from a roll, and CERTAINLY not enough to try and brag about "100 more horsepower), and pulls nearly identical lateral grip with poorer tires (again, wrong. the GT350 pulled lower Gs on a better surface).... if that's a win for you, that's embarrassing (if a name is a win for you, that's embarrassing). Majority of people don't give a rats ass about dollar/performance ratio (and those people are the kind I would like to call "stupid" when buying a performance car). Cayman's and Boxsters are by far some of the worst $/performance ratio cars out there (false, have you not ever driven one?!), but theyre universally renowned as being some of the best driving sports cars on the planet (because they are), even though you get a car with 300ish hp that can top $100K US(as stated before).

"Actually, that's another rile. You had just said you could buy a GT for $45K, it would depreciate to $30K. In the same timeframe, a $65K GT350 would depreciate to $45K. You should be able to do the basic math there... $20K > $15K."

No way, I messed up a hypothetical number! Holy shit, that invalidates every single thing I have said!

"You don't understand? Anytime anyone refutes your "FACTS" you immediately dismiss anything that doesn't align with your view as love for the name Shelby."

But I haven't though... I've given facts to refute them, but the comeback is always "but its special!", which is essentially saying "I'm paying for the name"

"They actually praised the engine itself for its durability and the way it performed on track."

Tht's funny... who did, Ford? Ironic, as they only ran the car for 1 season then switched to the cross plane cars. In fact, I've talked to the guys at Kohr (the race team who actually runs a GT4) about it, and was told they made the switch because the cross plane was more reliable and performed better

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here it is!!! The Mustang PP2 is better than a kia and not as good as a GT350.
upload_2018-10-5_13-11-44.png
The "to Mr. Pobst" is to be implied there, bud.

BURN HER AT THE STAKE! BUUUUUUUURN HEEEEEEEERRRRRRR

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Since the 2018s came out, I've seen a lot of GT350s sitting on lots, a lot selling under MSRP, etc. If ford flat out said "you can get a faster car for $20k less with no tradeoffs", then yes, it would cannibalize GT350 sales significantly. The GT350 isn't supposed to be the competitor to the 1LE, but the 1LE is so damn fast that it would ALSO beat the GT350 for $20k less. That's why the PP2 was needed, to battle the 1LE within its price range. If anyone's serious about tracking, I agree they could buy a Camaro. But most serious track rats aren't too afraid to wrench on their cars, and would gladly save $19k by buying a PP2 and adding a diff cooler. That's what I'm trying to make evident here, that there's no real reason to buy the GT350 unless you want to have something "special" or "unique. That's a fact. my opinion is that spending an extra $20k just to say "well yeah, it's a mustang, but its a UNIQUE KIND OF MUSTANG" is stupid.
Not at the dealerships around me. The GT350R targeted the old Z28 and the GT350 was the more 'daily' variant that was out well before the 1LE. The ZL1 is more of a GT500 type car, so without a Z28, the fastest, most track-focused NA camaro is outgunned by the GT350R and is indeed a GT350 competitor. Now the SS and GT are competitors, but Ford has the PP1 and now PP2 that further add to lineup that's not as well defined as it use to be when it was just GT vs SS and Z28 vs GT350R.

If the PP2 is slower than the GT350, and the PP2 is about as fast as a 1LE (depending on the track), the GT350 is probably right there if not faster. We're probably talking tenths of a second and that variance is far less than the variance in 99.99% of drivers who can't drive any of these cars to their limit.

In reality, your argument of "buy the fastest car" is pretty irrelevant when even most of the track guys are seconds off the ability of any of these cars. The money is better spent improving as a DRIVER, rather than blowing money away on parts.

The 350 brakes better (wrong, same distance, 94 ft from 60), is lighter (wrong, about 3700 vs 3800), is faster in a straightline (manual vs manual) (only from a roll, and CERTAINLY not enough to try and brag about "100 more horsepower), and pulls nearly identical lateral grip with poorer tires (again, wrong. the GT350 pulled lower Gs on a better surface).... if that's a win for you, that's embarrassing (if a name is a win for you, that's embarrassing).
Anyone who tracks their car knows that 60-0 is a pointless metric that tells you NOTHING about the brakes. That has more to do with the tire.
Majority of people don't give a rats ass about dollar/performance ratio (and those people are the kind I would like to call "stupid" when buying a performance car).
Man you're dense.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If the PP2 is slower than the GT350, and the PP2 is about as fast as a 1LE (depending on the track), the GT350 is probably right there if not faster. We're probably talking tenths of a second and that variance is far less than the variance in 99.99% of drivers who can't drive any of these cars to their limit.
PP2 is about as fast as the 1LE, which itself is faster than the GT350

In reality, your argument of "buy the fastest car" is pretty irrelevant when even most of the track guys are seconds off the ability of any of these cars. The money is better spent improving as a DRIVER, rather than blowing money away on parts.
Agreed, so would it not be the smart move to buy a car just as fast for $20k less and spend that $20k on time to improve as a driver? I'm not saying you HAVE to spend the $20k on parts, you can spend it on whatever you want... Like I said, I bought a Jetski and another motorcycle

Anyone who tracks their car knows that 60-0 is a pointless metric that tells you NOTHING about the brakes. That has more to do with the tire.
Agreed, but there's no metric to determine that factually, so we use what we got. Otherwise, it would be useless speculation

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
PP2 is about as fast as the 1LE, which itself is faster than the GT350
No they aren't.

Agreed, so would it not be the smart move to buy a car just as fast for $20k less and spend that $20k on time to improve as a driver? I'm not saying you HAVE to spend the $20k on parts, you can spend it on whatever you want... Like I said, I bought a Jetski and another motorcycle
How about spend $40 on a track-built racecar and save $40K? How about spend $20K on jet skis, $10K on racing schools to become a MUCH better driver, and save $10K?

The same way you're implying or stating that people are foolish for buying a GT350 can be applied to you buying a GT. You could have saved even more money, have a faster car, and have more money to become a faster driver than what you did. But no one is/should give you crap for your decisions. Spend money the way you see fit and for what you want to do. Likewise, stop telling people they should have done this or that, when they don't state their goal is to turn the fastest lap time in a given car.

Agreed, but there's no metric to determine that factually, so we use what we got. Otherwise, it would be useless speculation
Almost everything (0-60, 60-0, skidpad, lap times) are useless metrics and even worse speculation.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
I will admit I am a Ford fanboy (old man), I have been lucky enough to have owned several Ford muscle vehicles, 66 c code fastback (still have this one), 71 Mach I, 86 GT, 2000 Lightning, 2004 Comp Orange Cobra (wish I kept) 2011 Raptor Screw and now a 16 Focus RS, I love my Fords and bought each one because I wanted each one at that moment so I got them and I don't regret it one bit, with that being said, I bought my RS because I always admired the AWD hatchbacks from other car makers and when the RS was announced being available with AWD I jumped on it, I purchased the car I wanted! Now, I see alot of subis and evos pushed to the limit and run some pretty fast 1/4 mile runs, I started to look into improving my RS in that aspect BUT the forum I go to I keep getting told that I bought the wrong car as it was made not for drag racing but for curves, seems like that is the most popular answer I keep getting, I did not buy the wrong car, I bought the car I WANTED and want to improve its 1/4 mile ability, Jake, you remind me of those people, I bought the car I wanted and am happy with it, I was told to get a mustang for 1/4 mile duty and I could have but I wanted the RS, please remember this is all YOUR opinion as well as everyone else, please don't be the guy that puts down everyones car just because you LOVE your GT PP2, if you respect everyone's purchases you would be less disliked, this may not matter to you but all this my car is better, my car is faster, you bought an inferior product, you are a dumb*ss for you decision has gotten old, lets focus (pun intended) on the upcoming GT500, even though I know I wont be one of the lucky one to actually own one...

BTW my brother just purchased an 18 A10 5.0 and loves it, I still love my RS and hope some day to get it to keep up!

Last edited:

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
please remember this is all YOUR opinion as well as everyone else, please don't be the guy that puts down everyone car just because you LOVE your GT PP2
I don't even think he has a PP2. I think it's just a GT. I don't even know if it's a PP1.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
This conversation is fucking stupid
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.