General Firearm Photos/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Isn’t a genuine Tommy gun upwards of $25k?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Re; Tommy guns.

I met the Berrien County Sherrif's Dept. Lieutenant that takes care of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre Tommy guns, he gets to travel around the country with them displaying them. I met him in a beer store in St. Joseph Michigan, and he was wearing a t-shirt with crossed Tommy guns, so I struck up a conversation with him.

They were discovered in a home in Stevensville MI. shortly after the SVDM, in the attic of a home, along with other weapons. The BCS Dept. has had them ever since, and are cool enough to display them at shows and such.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Ooh, fun. I got away to a local indoor range on New Year's Day - the first time I have been able to get away with the 1911's in over a year. I've been a small-bore shooter in years past, and I'm learning to shoot pistols now. Both 1911's are from Para Ordnance, a company no longer in business. The Black Ops on the left is a sweet shooter, and the Expert Commander on the right relies on me to do my job better if I want tighter groups.

45917133004_bfb5aca25f_c.jpg
1911_Range_Escape-01 by clair_davis, on Flickr

Mustang content: here's the target in the EBPP trunk:

39676775433_4aa4ff31a0_c.jpg
1911_Range_Escape-02 by clair_davis, on Flickr

I shot 64 rounds each, both at 30 feet, the Commander first. The Commander target is on the right, and between needing to settle down and the bifocal glasses I started with, I was kind of all over the place. I ditched the bifocals when I went to the Black Ops, and things got better. Need to get out to the range more often in 2019.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Crap my first 1911 was a Para Ordnance, Big Hawg 14.45. Didn't know they went out of business!

Just got a Springfield Armory Champion Range Officer 9mm and currently building a Polymer 80 with an L2D slide. I'll get some nice photos later on.

Sponsored

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
Man, all of you have some mighty fine weapons. Also the photos are so finely detailed!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Just got a Springfield Armory Champion Range Officer 9mm
That came very close to being my first pistol. But with the combination of availability and timing with respect to expiration of pistol purchase permits here I ended up with a Colt Gov't Model in 9mm.

Speaking of that pistol, something rather unexpected happened a couple of range days ago - the little red light pipe fell out of the front sight leaving me with a ghost-ring front sight. And after it happened I actually shot a little better, so I think I'm just going to leave it this way.

1911 front sight.JPG

Sorry, rumble. It's even harder to put front sight, rear sight, and target all in any semblance of focus at the same time with a camera.

Norm

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Crap my first 1911 was a Para Ordnance, Big Hawg 14.45. Didn't know they went out of business!

Just got a Springfield Armory Champion Range Officer 9mm and currently building a Polymer 80 with an L2D slide. I'll get some nice photos later on.
Yep, they got bought by Cerberus/Remington in 2012, and was gone by 2015. That's also when I bought the Black Ops, it's a lot of gun for the money.

I'm building a 1911 Officer from a 1911Builders 80% frame to go under a Para 9mm slide. That one will take a while, but I'm looking forward to the job.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
...It's even harder to put front sight, rear sight, and target all in any semblance of focus at the same time with a camera.
Norm, that's how I feel about my eyes. With a pistol, I can focus on the sights or the target, but not both. With a long gun, it's pretty much just the front sight or the target. The ghost ring on my Henry Small Game Carbine is about the best iron sight I've got anymore.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Glocks. A bunch of them. They look like all the other Glocks.

I have TX and UT CHLs... can’t get one in CA, of course.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Norm, that's how I feel about my eyes. With a pistol, I can focus on the sights or the target, but not both. With a long gun, it's pretty much just the front sight or the target. The ghost ring on my Henry Small Game Carbine is about the best iron sight I've got anymore.
My eyes are just plain old.

I hear you on the matter of aiming long guns, and I haven't been afraid to do a little tinkering. Mini-14, which I hope to keep shooting with the iron sights only. Don't want to have to put glass on everything.

Mini-14 front sight.JPG

Norm

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Speaking of that pistol, something rather unexpected happened a couple of range days ago - the little red light pipe fell out of the front sight leaving me with a ghost-ring front sight. And after it happened I actually shot a little better, so I think I'm just going to leave it this way.

Norm

Just watched a video review of a set of rifle BUIS that were light that from the factory. I was thinking they got the idea from you! haha

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My two latest acquisitions.

I couldn't decide which one to get with the intention of a new carry so, what the hell, why not get both. :like: The M&P9 will probably get the nod most of the time although I love a nice wheelgun.

Room for one more long gun in the safe, and then it's either quit buying or get a bigger safe.
IMG_20181228_161514.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.