Sponsored

Check your aftermarket floor mats!

nikolai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Orange Fury GT
I'm about to buy some all weather mats for my car. Which mats are available with locking pins?
Sponsored

OP
OP

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I wrote to Weather Tech about my mats slipping because they did not have snap rings to anchor them down. They replied and stated that they recognized the problem with their mats and they are sending mats that have snap rings installed.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I just received my WeatherTechs yesterday. The driver side is as shown and have a snap ring built in on the bottom of the driver's mat. The passenger mat has a couple of plastic things which snap into the bottom of the mat with a bunch of spikes to keep it from moving forward. With the way these are made, i.e., measured to the floor shape, I can't imagine that they would move around much anyway, but I could be wrong.

OP
OP

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I bought a new 2015 Mustang. The Weather Tech mats I bought for it that year did not have snap rings. They only had circular indentations at the location of the floor mat pins. The indentations held the mats fairly well until the last few months. Now the mats do slide forward and backward fairly easily.
I contacted Weather Tech about the sliding. They quickly responded that they were going to ship me replacement mats that had the 'new' snap rings.
So my warning was for anyone who purchased Weather Tech mats during the first year or so of the S550 model Mustang. Check the mats...if you have snap rings in the mat...you have the improved mats.
Sponsored