Sponsored

Rumor: Steeda Blog - 2015 Mustang Weight Gain (Updated with Steeda's Response)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Honestly if it gauned 200 pounds, 300 pounds, even 400 pounds, I don't care. The difference in it's Overall Handling and Performance over the outgoing model still has me sold, but just the Looks Alone do it for me. I'll be adding 350 pounds to it myself anyway. LOL.
Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I just sent Gus a text so we'll see. Maybe TJ will chime in.

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Trust Ford you said....they wouldn't do that you said. THIS IS WHY THEY KEEP ANSWERING PERFORMANCE QUESTIONS LIKE A POLITICIAN. Watch, Monday they're gonna come out with some unknown mule to distract us from this.

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Not a dealbreaker for me tho. Ford better come out with some serious numbers tho.

Sponsored

RTD

Threads
Reaction score
Bracing for the power announcement. The fact that they're waiting so long doesn't bode well IMO.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I've been very careful to explicitly state that without the additional weight saving measures of aluminum fenders, decklid, and other things that the gross weight gains could be up to 400 lbs. I'm not going to be responsible if other people can't be bothered to read carefully.

Chris22888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 400a guard 50th appearance
This is what happens when you don't release specs rumors run wild and continue to grab traction.

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
I don't understand why some people want to cancel their orders now. For one this isn't confirmed. But what is confirmed is that with the PP, the GT is faster then the Boss. Reducing weight while having to meet stricter safety standards and adding more equipment can't be easy at all. Weight gain or not you are getting an amazing car inside and out.

Sponsored

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
I don't understand why some people want to cancel their orders now. For one this isn't confirmed. But what is confirmed is that with the PP, the GT is faster then the Boss. Reducing weight while having to meet stricter safety standards and adding more equipment can't be easy at all. Weight gain or not you are getting an amazing car inside and out.
Yeah, seriously lol.

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
This is what happens when you don't release specs rumors run wild and continue to grab traction.
Correction, this is what happens when people act like a bunch of teenage girls.

Ford hasn't said what the weight loss/gain is, no one should be criticizing Ford or the next Mustang until FORD gives us official specs. I don't care who says anything on a blog, steeda or anyone else, you guys need to wait for Ford.

To compare the M3 losing weight to the mustang's weight change is ridiculous at best. How can you expect Ford to use expensive light weight materials and still offer a base model at under 25k? The M3 costs around 2.5 times that amount. Not exactly a fair comparison.

Ford engineers are doing their best to remove weight, they know more about how weight affects the car than anyone on this forum. They also have strict budget and pricing constraints to adhere to. If they used some weight saving technology like carbon fiber parts that BMW used, we wouldn't have a base model starting under 30k. Then we could all forget about an affordable GT or hi performance models.

Yes, Ford is taking a while to release info, but they are still probably tweaking things and getting their official crash tests, epa tests, etc. done. Just because there are rumors and you're as impatient as a 5 year old on Christmas eve doesn't mean Ford should release any info. If that were true, why doesn't Ford acknowledge the SVT model, tell us its name, engine, and everything else by that logic.

Will I be disappointed if the mustang gains weight? absolutely. I will not take rumors as gospel though. I will wait until Ford gives us official numbers.

You guys need to get a hold of yourselves.

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
If true, then I am out on a new one too. Even though my Boss handles great, its too heavy.

Weight on a track eats consumables faster, tires brakes etc. Weight on your street car eats them up faster than a lighter car as well. And it will not show any signifigant improvement in fuel economy. The window sticker might say it does, but real world numbers won't reflect it.

This to me makes the EcoBoost option FAR less appealing than it was before I read this.

86GT

Threads
Reaction score
If this is true, it looks like I'll be buying another project car instead of an ecoboost '15 or '16. I could understand 100lbs, even 150lbs, but 200? 300? That's way too much weight gain for my tastes.

And for everyone saying "who cares as long as it performs better," lighter cars are just more fun. They're easier to toss around. Not to mention it's easy to throw a supercharger on your car and gain horsepower, it's a lot harder to remove weight.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
A four door AWD car like the 2015 Subaru WRX STi weighs 3,386 pounds.

If Subaru can do it, why can't Ford?

If the rumors are true, I plan on picking up a used '13 Boss 302.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.