Sponsored

Auto Tune in Sport Mode

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I was curious for any of the auto guys who have a Whipple and that have any issues in Sport Mode? Drive works awesome but when I go into sport mode, 1st gear with and without paddles feels very blah between 3000-5500. After that and every other gear work just fine.

Curious if anyone else ran into this and what was done to correct it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RoushStang

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Thanks for the info. I will see if we can clean it up.

OP
OP
RoushStang

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
No such luck so far.

Does anyone have a whipple stage 2 gen 3 132mm that has been tuned by Lund or PBD that uses sport or paddle mode?

I am curious if first gear in sport or paddle mode is just a dud? Cant seem to get it figured out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RoushStang

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
What did you use to “clean it up”?
I just relayed it back to the tuner and he tried to get it fixed but no change so far. Still trying to figure it out, mainly curious if others are aftermarket tuned with the setup and have any issues in first gear?

1quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt tvs
in sport mode if it spins it will pull a bunch of power to make it stop, I have a roush blower but I cant use 1'st gear on the street with et streets it blows the tires off from any speed roll in first

OP
OP
RoushStang

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
in sport mode if it spins it will pull a bunch of power to make it stop, I have a roush blower but I cant use 1'st gear on the street with et streets it blows the tires off from any speed roll in first
No this isnt the case, it wont make enough power to spin the tires.

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I was curious for any of the auto guys who have a Whipple and that have any issues in Sport Mode? Drive works awesome but when I go into sport mode, 1st gear with and without paddles feels very blah between 3000-5500. After that and every other gear work just fine.

Curious if anyone else ran into this and what was done to correct it?
Whipple gen 2 stage 2 with 132mm TB. Shifts and drivability in drive mode are awesome. I do feel a similar issue in sport mode in 1st gear as you descride, kind of a boggy feel where rpm climb kinda hangs and torque feels week. Only had my tune for a month, data logged drive mode with tuner. Plan to smooth out sport mode some next. Although drive mode is awesome, so not sure how much i care about sport mode.... PM me if you want more details.

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I don't change the driving modes anymore. All I do is drive around with the harness in front of the drivers side strut tower unplugged, so I don't have to screw with turning off all the traction control crap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RoushStang

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I don't change the driving modes anymore. All I do is drive around with the harness in front of the drivers side strut tower unplugged, so I don't have to screw with turniing off all the traction control crap.
I tried that as well and the issue still remains.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Mine is a Gen 2 stage 2 and no issues in Sport mode paddles or no paddles at all. No issues in Drive either.
Sponsored