Sponsored

Mustang Migration to Oz

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Mustang Coupe GT, Magnetic, Magnaride, A10. Falcon FGX XR6 Ute.
You have covered all the changes for the MY19.
I was lucky enough that my dealer made me aware back in April that the MY19 was coming to Oz only three months after the MY18 landing. I changed my order to the 19 but the only difference for the 19 is the B&O.
My 19 is waiting at the dock in Baltimore for a ship allocation.
Forgot to mention if your getting a manual then rev matching has been included. I’ve gone the 10A.
Sponsored

Oz6Gstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'Considering' MY19 Mustang GT, AMG A45, NC MX5
You have covered all the changes for the MY19.
I was lucky enough that my dealer made me aware back in April that the MY19 was coming to Oz only three months after the MY18 landing. I changed my order to the 19 but the only difference for the 19 is the B&O.
My 19 is waiting at the dock in Baltimore for a ship allocation.
Thks Glenno - pity Ford's online chat feature is so unhelpful and uninformed!

Does anyone know what the current wait time for builds is?

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Thks Glenno - pity Ford's online chat feature is so unhelpful and uninformed!

Does anyone know what the current wait time for builds is?
When waiting for my 17 last year, I found the Ford FB chat more responsive. That said, when the car was sitting dockside in Baltimore, all Ford US and AU would say was "it's waiting an allocation to a ship"....

Oddly, there were cars with build dates after mine, which had arrived in Baltimore after mine, and shipped before mine.

Who knows how the shipping team actually work that one out. I think mine was dockside in Baltimore for 21 days prior to shipping. Once on board the good ship Tarago, I watched her sailing via the Panama Canal to Port Kembla.

Cars last year were on board with CEVA within 48 hours of arriving at the dockside.

Whatever tech platform these guys use, the communication to Ford AU and the dealer was often slower than the information I had. My boat was in Auckland when my dealer emailed to say "Great News, your car has just been loaded in Baltimore for its journey down under".

When I called the dealer, he said the Ford emails to him for shipping notification had arrived a day earlier.

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ford Au Facebook chat is now useless all they will say is check with your dealer , but they used to be very helpful

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
Next Tuesday will be 2 months since my MY19GT was completed, yet still no shipping schedule of when it will transported to Australia! It’s killing me!!

Sponsored

Pony777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
V8 Manual Ruby Red
Hi - does anyone know when Ford Australia will update their brochures for the (US) MY19 models? I ask as Ford "don't know" and appear unaware that their website has the MY18 brochure and that US spec MY19s have some new colours (Velocity Blue and Need for Green), it dropped Royal Crimson, Triple Yellow and Lightning Blue, and now have B&O sound systems.

cheers
Ford could not organise a children’s tea party. Their marketing is shit & communication worse. It’s a good job for them that the Mustang sells itself or they would be broke.

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
Ford Aust haven’t got a clue where my GT is, released from the factory on August 2 twice been told its in what they call blackout which means it’s on a ship but don’t know which one. Only to be told this week it’s still waiting a ship allocation!

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Aust haven’t got a clue where my GT is, released from the factory on August 2 twice been told its in what they call blackout which means it’s on a ship but don’t know which one. Only to be told this week it’s still waiting a ship allocation!
The problem is, WW, the ship carrier, has changed the way bill ID. It used to be the VIN which was used. The have moved to a consignment number which is different. Ford AU basically get given the car once it's in Australia.

Its Ford US who have the details.

As an FYI, the reasons now for the secrecy on shipping is a cause of European GDPR policy which restricts a lot of data being in the public domain. Many companies are staying very cautious on GDPR due to potential fines.

Pony777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
V8 Manual Ruby Red
The problem is, WW, the ship carrier, has changed the way bill ID. It used to be the VIN which was used. The have moved to a consignment number which is different. Ford AU basically get given the car once it's in Australia.

Its Ford US who have the details.

As an FYI, the reasons now for the secrecy on shipping is a cause of European GDPR policy which restricts a lot of data being in the public domain. Many companies are staying very cautious on GDPR due to potential fines.
But you are missing point here, the customer should be able to provide sufficient details on their OTUS system to elicit progress. My car only showed AFTER It arrived. Nuff said.

hackney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang(race red) 2019 Honda CR-V VTI AWD.
Just an update for any prospective buyers.Flat Rock has now resumed production,there is a massive backlog of Mach1 variants.Australia will only be getting very limited numbers between now & years end.Some dealers(I believe will not take orders for a GT,with unknown ETA I am guessing.There is very,very little new stock left in the country.Does this push values up even further?

Last edited:

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Just an update for any prospective buyers.Flat Rock has now resumed production,nut,there is a massive backlog of Mach1 variants.Australia will only be getting very limited numbers between now & years end.Some dealers(I believe will not take orders for a GT,with unknown ETA I am guessing.There is very,very little new stock left in the country.Does this push values up even further?
I would think it will have a huge effect on values as the small number of current vehicles get sold. Going to be an interesting remainder of this year as far as these cars go.
Sponsored