bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The 11.3 is legit. And the person who was updating that list no long does..so the list is outdated. We have tried to get someone else to pick it back up and update again.

I now have a 2017 Grand Sport(Traded my S550) with boltons and tuning from Pray Performance. Let's just say I am not scared of any NA bolton 18 5.0s. Have tried to run a couple of local ones and it seems that there is not much enthusiasm in racing my car.

Do you have an 18 5.0 with boltons? Or just the older car in your sig?

My point I am trying to make based on this thread is the C7s are faster stock vs stock and for sure mod vs mod NA and faster with a cam than the 18 A10 cars. The 5.0s currently have an advantage with boost. Fueling is still a little pricey on the LT1s for aux. port injections setups.

Bolton 6gen SS w/ stock converter, suspension, etc just went 10.76@128mph in +DA
Stop being gullible. If you weren’t there. How do you know the pass was legit? And no, I dont have an 18 with bolt ons. I have a 15 with bolt-ons & boost! Guess what I'm not scared of? Yep you guessed it! Bolt on and tuned Corvettes. But Im sure your corvette. Is VERY impressive.:yawn:
Sponsored

Last edited:

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Stop being gullible. If you weren’t there. How do you know the pass was legit? And no, I dont have an 18 with bolt ons. I have a 15 with bolt-ons & boost! Guess what I'm not scared of? Yep you guessed it! Bolt on and tuned Corvettes. But Im sure your corvette. Is VERY impressive.:yawn:
"I have boost so I'm not afraid of a Corvette!"

That's the whole point of the thread :crackup:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
My point I am trying to make based on this thread is the C7s are faster stock vs stock and for sure mod vs mod NA and faster with a cam than the 18 A10 cars.
So basically you are saying a car that weighs several hundred pounds less is faster mod for mod?

Thanks! :clap:

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you have Vette envy just buy one....
But you know what they say about vette owners right ?
That they have faster cars that are much more fun to drive in every mode of driving? Cool

Stop being butthurt.. which is what you sound like. The runs are legit. The guy was a respected member of the group. There were others running in the same range that would have called it out. But in your opinion they ALL had mods.. LOL. Give it a break man.

And congrats on your boosted fast in a straight line Mustang. I was going that route too with my S550... then I drove a real car that begs for straight line AND mountains. You should try it sometime. As a former owner, I can without doubt say I could have an 8second boosted Mustang and it still wouldn't be the car the Vette is.
And yes.. it's pretty impressive. Thanks!

So basically you are saying a car that weighs several hundred pounds less is faster mod for mod?

Thanks! :clap:
Well, I am also saying the 6gen Camaros are faster too soooo..... Blasphemy here huh?

Corvettes are also cheaper too!
Yes sir. Got mine for $12,995.99!

Sponsored

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
Big Turbo Kit!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
That they have faster cars that are much more fun to drive in

Stop being butthurt.. which is what you sound like. The runs are legit. The guy was a respected member of the group. There were others running in the same range that would have called it out. But in your opinion they ALL had mods.. LOL. Give it a break man.

And congrats on your boosted fast in a straight line Mustang. I was going that route too with my S550... then I drove a real car that begs for straight line AND mountains. You should try it sometime. As a former owner, I can without doubt say I could have an 8second boosted Mustang and it still wouldn't be the car the Vette is.
And yes.. it's pretty impressive. Thanks!LOL so you were not there for the Vette Hero run? :facepalm:And sorry man. I didn't know you were talking about racing bolt on 18s GTs down a Mountian road. Tokyo drift style. While you were talking sh!t in your first post. About how 18 Mustangs avoid you. A year ago you were all about straight lines. Now your a canyon carver. Nice to see no matter what you drive. You think it’s the greatest thing ever! Next year you’ll drive a WRX and think your a rally racer! Sorry I blew your shit up. when you came in talkin cocky. But bolt on Vettes are Just a snack here in Jersey for me. Where there is no Mountian roads.:like:

Well, I am also saying the 6gen Camaros are faster too soooo..... Blasphemy here.
Not in 2018 there not.:turkey:

Last edited:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Mt father in law has a 2018 Stingray 8spd auto. He got me from a roll pretty good when we were stock. It would have been a lot closer if my car was a auto coupe instead of a MT vert.

He sent his car to Callaway......I sent mine to Whipple. Now he avoids ME! Best 8k ever spent!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
He wont be walking away anymore, D1x Procharger went on yesterday.
"I have boost so I'm not afraid of a Corvette!"

That's the whole point of the thread :crackup:
Mt father in law has a 2018 Stingray 8spd auto. He got me from a roll pretty good when we were stock. It would have been a lot closer if my car was a auto coupe instead of a MT vert.

He sent his car to Callaway......I sent mine to Whipple. Now he avoids ME! Best 8k ever spent!
So everyone that's not afraid of a bolt on 'corvette. Raise your hand.:handsinair::cwl:

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Poppacapp said: ↑
That they have faster cars that are much more fun to drive in

And yes.. it's pretty impressive. Thanks!LOL so you were not there for the Vette Hero run? :facepalm:And sorry man. I didn't know you were talking about racing bolt on 18s GTs down a Mountian road. Tokyo drift style. While you were talking sh!t in your first post. About how 18 Mustangs avoid you. A year ago you were all about straight lines. Now your a canyon carver. Nice to see no matter what you drive. You think it’s the greatest thing ever! Next year you’ll drive a WRX and think your a rally racer! Sorry I blew your shit up. when you came in talkin cocky. But bolt on Vettes are Just a snack here in Jersey for me. Where there is no Mountian roads.:like:

Well, I am also saying the 6gen Camaros are faster too soooo..... Blasphemy here.
Not in 2018 there not.:turkey:

Sorry.. quotes weren't copying...

Anyway... No I am not just talking about mountain roads. I mean everything.. straight line, etc. A year ago I hadn't drove a car that was worth a shit on all roads... just them highways and dragstrips. My Mustang was a fun car. They are great with boost and currently their only advantage seems to be the cost involved in the LT motors adding aux port injection. I do however, see the LT5 dual injection trickling down the line for 2020. Then fueling wont be an issue. The LT4s are still a great motor that hold just as much power boosted as the 5.0s can(although 1000+ on the stock 5.0 internals isn't exactly cakewalk reliability wise)

Back to the OPs post.. my reply was pointed towards the suggestions of adding some boltons and beat the stock Vette. Sure... but when the Vette adds boltons the NA game gets bad for the Mustang. that was my point.

Add boost to the 5.0 and set it up proper and the 5.0 runs damn good.

My "twisty talk" is from the enjoyment of the car overall. Sure your car runs good in a straight line... nothing wrong with that. You should find a nicel setup Grand Sport sometime and try some non-straight stuff... You will be hooked. I am lucky enough to have Deal Gap within a few hr drive and Devil's Whip(Hwy80) in NC within a 1.5 drive. Very fun. Even the S550s could have fun on these roads.

And about the Camaros not being faster in 2018.. well they have been 10.7@128mph with boltons... stock converter, stock suspension, stock gear, etc. The ONE faster 18 5.0 needed 4.09 gear, full racing suspension, full gutt, and FTW Rocket fuel along with a converter. I would say with those facts the Camaros currently still have the NA area handled. Add a cam and well.. they get alot faster.

May still get a 2019 A10 5.0 and boost it with Hellions sleeper kit. Uh oh.. didn I just admit I actually DO like the 18+ 5.0s holy crap!!! Vette still isn't going anyway.. it looks too good, and performs too well.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang just went 10.7@129. 3.15 gears. 94 pump gas. So much for the camaro being faster. Timeslips are posted in drag section.

OP
OP

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
If you have Vette envy just buy one....
But you know what they say about vette owners right ?
No, I dont have Vette envy. I could have wrote the check. I chose to buy the mustang base model and supercharge it and still be over 10K less than the base model vette. Besides, at 49 Im not all gray yet and the vettes are definitely the all gray crowd!

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
Everytime i see a vette, i think of old men specially those yellow vettes

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
well, I am also saying the 6gen Camaros are faster too soooo..... Blasphemy here huh?
Pretty sure the A10 is faster and the MT82 is a wash depending on driver.

And the Camaro is also lighter as well correct? By a good 100lbs or more.
Sponsored