Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ford have now taken down the Gauge Pack (oil and vacuum) listing from the UK configurator.
That is a great shame I would have really liked them (and the brace), I wonder if anybody will cancel their order and import a left hand drive Bullitt or go for "A need for Green"? for the moment I will stick with my order.
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
That is a great shame I would have really liked them (and the brace), I wonder if anybody will cancel their order and import a left hand drive Bullitt or go for "A need for Green"? for the moment I will stick with my order.
As you say it a shame they don’t have the gauges as I would of loved to have fitted them to my new Mustang, but Ford saving money again, brace is a easy fix as you will be able to buy them I would of thought

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jag XKR, Edge Sport,On order RHD Bullitt Full spec
Once I speak to the dealer I will be cancelling my order. The reason I didn’t buy the GT was I don’t like the three air vents. It doesn’t need three for the size of the cabin. I had conformation of spec and if it as looks differs then I’m not interested.
Yesterday I priced up the gauge’s and the panel trim (LHD) on Quirk parts site and the gauge cluster is $268 & trim cover for the gauges is $610. As the rhd panel is already produced how much would it cost to machine one with the two gauge holes and fit to the Bullitt & they could then even offer as option on the rhd GT’s. This is just cost cutting. Then you have to now buy a brace at near £300 on top of the £48k. No chance!

Last edited:

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Once I speak to the dealer I will be cancelling my order. The reason I didn’t buy the GT was I don’t like the three air vents. It doesn’t need three for the size of the cabin. I had conformation of spec and if it as looks differs then I’m not interested.
Yesterday I priced up the gauge’s and the panel trim (Lhr) on Quirk parts site and the gauge cluster is $268 & trim cover for the gauges is $610. As the rhd panel is already produced how much would it cost to machine one with the two gauge holes and fit to the Bullitt & they could then even offer as option on the rhd GT’s. This is just cost cutting. Then you have to now buy a brace at near £300 on top of the £48k. No chance!
I don't think anybody is happy with the fact kit is missing off the export model but it's still a Bullitt Mustang and there's 5 people turned away for every one that managed to get their order in so the dealer will have no problem selling your allocation. The gauge pack missing on it's own isn't such a big deal I'm surprised that's your only reason for cancelling your order. I'm more bothered about the missing horsepower and Torsen 3.73 diff. I understand your frustration so why don't you see the car when it comes in and if you don't fall in love with it then pass on it? Or buy it and keep it a short while and sell it on if you don't like it and you might even not lose any money over the short term...

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think anybody is happy with the fact kit is missing off the export model but it's still a Bullitt Mustang and there's 5 people turned away for every one that managed to get their order in so the dealer will have no problem selling your allocation. The gauge pack missing on it's own isn't such a big deal I'm surprised that's your only reason for cancelling your order. I'm more bothered about the missing horsepower and Torsen 3.73 diff. I understand your frustration so why don't you see the car when it comes in and if you don't fall in love with it then pass on it? Or buy it and keep it a short while and sell it on if you don't like it and you might even not lose any money over the short term...
I totally agree with Richard - the only reason you wanted the Bullet model was for the gauges? surely not?

As the UK Bullets are in such short supply - please do as Richard suggests - pass it on to someone who really wants one (dont just cancel the order)

anyway - whatever you do - I hope that you enjoy a Mustang (with or without gauges) in someway

All the best

Bob

Sponsored

Biffboff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Yeah and maybe the 3.73 diff offers far too much low speed torque for clambering over them so we're stuck withe 3.55 (is that bad taste?) I've been chatting to a guy that's got one coming into that dealership and he's uploaded photo's of it on flickr. Thought it was you :)

He's also concerned that some of the green stitched soft leather is missing from the centre console. He went back to see it but the cars not at the dealership right now...and it's way to far for me to go..
I Think the diff change affects is the length of skid marks on the road and probably the pedestrians underwear :)

Sorry not my pics on flicker, I did find out that the Bullitt in the pictures is owned by Peoples car group and is their sales managers car, I was hoping to see it at the weekend but the dealer said no, possible it will be there this weekend (Edinburgh).

Best news for a Monday my car is inbound, Dealer call back today says car left Baltimore on the Atlantic Sea cargo vessel and docks in Liverpool on 27/28 September, dealers expects 1 - 3 days before we see it but defiantly looks like middle of next week. So hopefully we will find out what an actual UK spec is !

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
My car is in for a Service today, and the chap who sold me it 2 and a half years ago asked me if i wanted a Bullitt. As i dont i didnt enquire further, but the garage is Lookers, York Road, Leeds if anyone is after one

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
We don't get to see oil pressure or temperature in the digi dash either. This is deleted from our cars. I think the lack of centre gauges is not cost cutting but some legal thing concerning the derivation of the oil pressure reading.
You sure? I can get the digital gauges up on my display

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Best news for a Monday my car is inbound, Dealer call back today says car left Baltimore on the Atlantic Sea cargo vessel and docks in Liverpool on 27/28 September, dealers expects 1 - 3 days before we see it but defiantly looks like middle of next week. So hopefully we will find out what an actual UK spec is !
Fingers crossed mine is supposed to be on this boat as well :like:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
The digital gauges come up fine. But there is no option for oil pressure or oil temperature. Cylinder head temperature, air/fuel mix and a few others are there but not the engine oil readings.
Ah, okay. Thanks for pointing that out

Sponsored

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jag XKR, Edge Sport,On order RHD Bullitt Full spec
Ah, okay. Thanks for pointing that out[/QUOTE
Anyone with a keen eye spot any important differences

UK Bullitt

first-uk-bullitt-engine-jpg.jpg

US Bullitt

20180907_112139_resize35-jpg.jpg

20180907_112134_resize35-jpg.jpg
To all who have a Bullitt on order. Speak to your dealer because there has been a order update put out by Ford Uk today stating that due to demand and build allocation UK Rhd cars are delayed and production will go on well into 2019. Also as expected No Gauge pack and no Strut Brace on Euro cars but you can order the brace via the Mustang accessory site.

I have the release but will not post yet.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Would not surprise me to see Ford make another batch to cash in on the demand as well

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
Knowing of my frustration over the long build dates and now the lack of the gauges and strut brace, a friend sent me this.
Ha-Ha...

Excerpt from Ford internal memo

For the EU spec cars we have stopped making them in special metallic Green, only standard colours are now available. The standard wheels are now 14 inches at the front and 15 inches at the rear. The interior trim is now totally standard with standard stitching and gauges. The power output will be slightly reduced from the standard edition to differentiate it. Special Bullitt badges are no longer available, it will now be called a 'Mustang' as opposed to the standard car which will be called the '5.0 Mustang' the removal of the 5.0 badges are in order to reduce weight.
There will no longer be a numbered plaque, this has been replaced by a chassis number vin plate that can be easily viewed under the bonnet. Numbers will be limited to twice the standard cars production run. For an additional $500 Steve McQueen's brother's auntie's cousin's nephew's neighbour will sign the bonnet in indelible felt pen ( please note that detergent must not be used on this area).
The new price for the 'Mustang' will be ÂŁ15,000 above the standard '5.0 Mustang'

Bill Ford

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Knowing of my frustration over the long build dates and now the lack of the gauges and strut brace, a friend sent me this.
Ha-Ha...

Excerpt from Ford internal memo

For the EU spec cars we have stopped making them in special metallic Green, only standard colours are now available. The standard wheels are now 14 inches at the front and 15 inches at the rear. The interior trim is now totally standard with standard stitching and gauges. The power output will be slightly reduced from the standard edition to differentiate it. Special Bullitt badges are no longer available, it will now be called a 'Mustang' as opposed to the standard car which will be called the '5.0 Mustang' the removal of the 5.0 badges are in order to reduce weight.
There will no longer be a numbered plaque, this has been replaced by a chassis number vin plate that can be easily viewed under the bonnet. Numbers will be limited to twice the standard cars production run. For an additional $500 Steve McQueen's brother's auntie's cousin's nephew's neighbour will sign the bonnet in indelible felt pen ( please note that detergent must not be used on this area).
The new price for the 'Mustang' will be ÂŁ15,000 above the standard '5.0 Mustang'

Bill Ford
I got further than I care to admit before I realized that was a wind up lol