Sponsored

Does the US Bullitt have the leather wrapped centre console?

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jag XKR, Edge Sport,On order RHD Bullitt Full spec
It will only be a Bullitt light when compared to a US spec Bullitt. UK Bullitts are what they are. Misinformation is not unique to this model or manufacturer in my experience either. Ive found misinformation on Range Rovers, Ferrari & Audi.

I check that the bits of the spec as written are there in practice if they are make or break items for me. It sounds like these items are make or break for you, so fair enough walk away.

However in my mind, Im never going to take the Bullitt anywhere that its going to be parked next to another UK Bullitt and look like its missing parts.

If I take it to a show and end up parked next to a US Bullitt, or even a European one (assume they do get guages and other bits) and it does look like mine is missing bits compared, then its just a question of whether people want to swap the convenience of having the steering wheel on the right, for the strut brace and gauge cluster.

To be fair Ive had cars with those guage clusters before, and in my experience they are utterly pointless. I even had one with a head up display full of information like that, the only number I was bothered about was the oil temperature. Once that was at the right number it meant I could give it beans. Though even that was slightly pointless as when the oil temp reached the correct level, the dashboard moved the redline limit.
To all who have a UK Bullitt on order. Speak to your dealer because there has been a order update put out by Ford Uk today stating that due to demand and build allocation UK Rhd cars are delayed and production will go on well into 2019. Also as expected No Gauge pack and no Strut Brace on Euro cars but you can order the brace via the Mustang accessory site. I did see some French Bullitt's with the Strut so maybe more misinformation.
I have the release but will not post yet.
Sponsored

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
To all who have a UK Bullitt on order. Speak to your dealer because there has been a order update put out by Ford Uk today stating that due to demand and build allocation UK Rhd cars are delayed and production will go on well into 2019. Also as expected No Gauge pack and no Strut Brace on Euro cars but you can order the brace via the Mustang accessory site. I did see some French Bullitt's with the Strut so maybe more misinformation.
I have the release but will not post yet.
It is crazy that Ford are selling their most expensive car in the UK and they can't give a final believable spec to the few who have ordered. I never brought a GT because I never liked the three centre air vents. When the Uk configurator was put up and in the summery it showed Gauge pack I put a deposit down. Then over the months I saw RHD pictures showing no gauge pack and I was a little concerned. When I was in Massachusets in August I spoke with a Ford Rep who told me the export Bullitts are basically GT's with green paint, wheels and badges. When back in UK I then emailed Fords Mustang team and they replied with full spec showing -

2019 MUSTANG BULLITT™

Ford of Europe RHD

STANDARD EQUIPMENT

ALL GT PREMIUM CONTENT PLUS:

MECHANICAL

● Active Valve Performance Exhaust System

● Brembo™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors

Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)

● Heavy-duty Front Springs

● Increased Top Speed (VMAX) to 163MPH

● Larger Radiator

● Modified GT350 Intake Manifold

● Open Air Induction System (AIS)

● Red Painted Brake Calipers

● Revised PCM Calibrations

● Differential with 3.55 Axle Ration

● Unique Chassis Tuning

● Unique EPAS, ABS, and Stability Control Tuning

● Upsized Rear Sway Bar

EXTERIOR

● 19” Machined-face Aluminum with High-gloss Black-painted

pockets Wheel (19” X 9” (F) and 19” X 9.5” (R))

● 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R19 (R) Summer Only Tires

● Bright Beltline and Window Surround

● Faux Gas Cap on Rear Applique with BULLITT™ Logo

● Spoiler Delete

● Unique Front Grille without Pony Badge

● Unique Lower Grille

INTERIOR

● 12” LCD Digital Instrument Cluster with MyColor™

● BULLITT™ IP Badge with Unique Chassis Number

● BULLITT™ Logo on Driver Air Bag Cover

Green Accent Hand Stitching on:

— Door Trim

— Instrument Panel

— Premium Floor mats

— Shifter Boot

— Seats

— Wrapped Center Console

— Wrapped Knee Bolster

● Heating Steering Wheel (not available to South Africa)

● “Spindrift” Aluminum Instrument Panel

● Unique White Cue Ball Shift Knob

SAFETY/SECURITY

● Enhanced Security Package

— Active Anti-Theft System

— Electronic-locking Center Console

— Electronic Steering Column Lock

— Wheel Locking Kit

● K-Brace

Silver Painted Strut-Tower Brace with BULLITT™ Badge

If the above ends up as being wrong I will not go forward with the order. Im not paying full price for a Bullitt without the Gauge pack, Brace and wrapped console and whatever they also take off this spec sheet. In my mind this will be a Bullitt lite.
I agree with what you have said & l am not happy either as l was told the UK spec would include all that is now missing. l am now reading today on mustangs owners UK that someone has been to see there long awaited car and it also has a missing Torsen etc what ever etc means but l can't confirm as (it is hear say). If this is the case there is no point in this car at this price level without these parts that have been deleted by FORD even though l have it in writing from them that they would be included.
This is basically a stitch up by FORD.
I could retro fit some of these parts but why should l this is not £15k car.

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
From your post above, have you made the stitching parts bold as they are also missing? So is there no green stitch on the doors/shifter/console etc??

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From your post above, have you made the stitching parts bold as they are also missing? So is there no green stitch on the doors/shifter/console etc??
You may want to look at MustangownersUK site because in the Bullitt section there are a lot of unhappy people. Regarding the stitching some say its not on uk cars so as with everything else with this car until its delivered you can't trust Ford to give you a truthful spec.
showthread.php

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may want to look at MustangownersUK site because in the Bullitt section there are a lot of unhappy people. Regarding the stitching some say its not on uk cars so as with everything else with this car until its delivered you can't trust Ford to give you a truthful spec.
showthread.php
Annoyingly when i was in Boston last month I brought the small PP2 spoiler which I was thinking of putting on the car and I have also brought number plate FB 68 FMC. I am now not going forward with this car so I will now have to sell these. Hey Ford here's £48k any chance you can make the car you advertised????

Sponsored

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Annoyingly when i was in Boston last month I brought the small PP2 spoiler which I was thinking of putting on the car and I have also brought number plate FB 68 FMC. I am now not going forward with this car so I will now have to sell these. Hey Ford here's £48k any chance you can make the car you advertised????
l have also bought a registration plate that l don;t need now because of False advertising by FORD its called (MISREPRESENTATION) & it sucks.

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Fulfilment

Purpose of the Communication:

Mustang Bullitt Production & Specification Update

Summary:

As outlined in PN1520, due to unprecedented demand it was necessary to amend the process for allocating Mustang Bullitt orders to dealers.

Please be advised that we have now allocated all RHD Mustang Bullitt orders currently available for production. Production for Mustang Bullitt is extremely limited due to constraints and available monthly build capacity. The current volume of total orders are expected to be built well into late 2019.

A large number of Mustang Bullitt orders are showing a status of Committed and a build date within the Vista system. These vehicles have not been allocated a chassis number and at this stage are not planned for production – the date visible is the date that the order was submitted into the US systems, and not the planned production date. Therefore you should not communicate these production dates to customers. If you have already suggested a production date to your customers, to manage their expectations you are advised to update them.

We are not able to amend the current build plan, nor are we able to prioritise the build of individual units. When a Mustang Bullitt is confirmed for production, you will see the status update to Serialised and a vin number allocated. The estimated production date field will also update to a future date (usually 1 month ahead).

Mustang Bullitt Standard UK Specification

The Vacuum and Oil Pressure Gauges in the centre of the instrument panel are US-specification only, and are not available on European/UK specification Mustang Bullitt.

The Strut Tower Brace is also not standard specification on Mustang Bullitt in Europe. However, it is available as a Ford Performance Parts accessory, as shown on the pricelist.

We are in the process of updating all communications: pricelist, brochure, website and Build & Price.

Action Required:

Please ensure that you are fully aware of the specification update and production process around Mustang Bullitt, and enter discussions with your customers around potential lead times.

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Order Fulfilment

Purpose of the Communication:

Mustang Bullitt Production & Specification Update

Summary:

As outlined in PN1520, due to unprecedented demand it was necessary to amend the process for allocating Mustang Bullitt orders to dealers.

Please be advised that we have now allocated all RHD Mustang Bullitt orders currently available for production. Production for Mustang Bullitt is extremely limited due to constraints and available monthly build capacity. The current volume of total orders are expected to be built well into late 2019.

A large number of Mustang Bullitt orders are showing a status of Committed and a build date within the Vista system. These vehicles have not been allocated a chassis number and at this stage are not planned for production – the date visible is the date that the order was submitted into the US systems, and not the planned production date. Therefore you should not communicate these production dates to customers. If you have already suggested a production date to your customers, to manage their expectations you are advised to update them.

We are not able to amend the current build plan, nor are we able to prioritise the build of individual units. When a Mustang Bullitt is confirmed for production, you will see the status update to Serialised and a vin number allocated. The estimated production date field will also update to a future date (usually 1 month ahead).

Mustang Bullitt Standard UK Specification

The Vacuum and Oil Pressure Gauges in the centre of the instrument panel are US-specification only, and are not available on European/UK specification Mustang Bullitt.

The Strut Tower Brace is also not standard specification on Mustang Bullitt in Europe. However, it is available as a Ford Performance Parts accessory, as shown on the pricelist.

We are in the process of updating all communications: pricelist, brochure, website and Build & Price.

Action Required:

Please ensure that you are fully aware of the specification update and production process around Mustang Bullitt, and enter discussions with your customers around potential lead times.
Well done for finding & posting this information.
FORD knew from day one what specification they were suppling the UK this is BALLxxxx BAFFLES BRAIN. Proof of this is that we are now seeing the first cars to appear in the UK without these options. Most customers who would of placed an order like myself Spec confirmed by e mail by Ford on what was advertised but now customers are not happy they have given the Dealers the dirty work to update the customers after they have placed their orders & are now trying cover over the Bullitt lite they are supply the Uk.

Still no luck in trying to find out what LSD is in 3.55 ratio diff a Traction-Lok or Torsen l have been on to Ford today and an independent but no one knows, the whole process for me is quite unbelievable.

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, but i would have preferred to not be in the position to post. FMC still don't understand that if they put some effort in they could be selling very expensive vehicles in the UK/Europe because there is a demand but the product has to be right and not a watered down US product. For example in the US I can buy an Expedition or loaded F150 close to if not more than $100k because the product is worth it.

I get that due to EU emissions engines have to be adjusted which will reduce power but its the smaller stuff that can make a vehicle and to not fit it is just lazy. The marketing for the Bullitt has been very good since January and and feel I have wasted time and effort making sure I had a guaranteed order. There is no way Ford Uk have now only decided to down spec the car. They knew this from the begining because Ford US would have planned this early. In the above post they say no strut Brace for Euro cars but some French cars have it fitted.......Go figure.
Also LSD is another puzzle....Is it emissions to reduce higher engine speeds. Who knows but don't offer me a Bullitt line when i want and ordered a Bullitt!!!

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks, but i would have preferred to not be in the position to post. FMC still don't understand that if they put some effort in they could be selling very expensive vehicles in the UK/Europe because there is a demand but the product has to be right and not a watered down US product. For example in the US I can buy an Expedition or loaded F150 close to if not more than $100k because the product is worth it.

I get that due to EU emissions engines have to be adjusted which will reduce power but its the smaller stuff that can make a vehicle and to not fit it is just lazy. The marketing for the Bullitt has been very good since January and and feel I have wasted time and effort making sure I had a guaranteed order. There is no way Ford Uk have now only decided to down spec the car. They knew this from the begining because Ford US would have planned this early. In the above post they say no strut Brace for Euro cars but some French cars have it fitted.......Go figure.
Also LSD is another puzzle....Is it emissions to reduce higher engine speeds. Who knows but don't offer me a Bullitt line when i want and ordered a Bullitt!!!
Agree 100%.

What they need now is EVERYONE TO CANCEL THEIR ORDER then they would have no choice but to put back the Spec they left out or loose sales.
Attention to detail every time this is what should of made it different from the GT models.

Sponsored

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember there are a lot of people who will be overjoyed with this car. Just look at some of the Aus/Europe feedback. I am in a position where I'm now back and forward to the US and only three weeks ago I sat in a Us Bullitt and the Gauge pack really makes the interior. When the lights are on the two dials have a green backlight and this is very cool. I done want three air vents.

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Remember there are a lot of people who will be overjoyed with this car. Just look at some of the Aus/Europe feedback. I am in a position where I'm now back and forward to the US and only three weeks ago I sat in a Us Bullitt and the Gauge pack really makes the interior. When the lights are on the two dials have a green backlight and this is very cool. I done want three air vents.
Neither do l it gave the interior a slight retro look with those analogue clocks in the centre of the dash even when looking through from outside of the car it made the interior.
This is Ford penny pinching if this not the case l am still sure they won't reduce the price of the UK Bullitt according to what they have left off the spec sheet (No chance)
We pay more for less l think they are trying to copy Porsche philosophy sadly it wont work on a Ford.

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Neither do l it gave the interior a slight retro look with those analogue clocks in the centre of the dash even when looking through from outside of the car it made the interior.
This is Ford penny pinching if this not the case l am still sure they won't reduce the price of the UK Bullitt according to what they have left off the spec sheet (No chance)
We pay more for less l think they are trying to copy Porsche philosophy sadly it wont work on a Ford.
Just checked Ford performance accessories as mentioned in the update.
There is no strut brace available to buy with Bullitt written on it only a standard strut brace which costs £399 & l guess plus VAT so they are not even capable of telling the truth about this missing item either.
Sponsored