Sponsored

ARH vs Kooks headers

VooDoo2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black GT350
I know this topic has probably been beaten to death. But i'd like to use this to gather up everyones dyno graphs and see which of the two make more power. I really expected the kooks to put out a little more based on the different sized primarys. I also understand most of the power comes from the cat delete mids. But right now id rather see how the headers stack up. Anyone... 30hp for the full exhaust setup seems to be the standard? thanks
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Realistically, expect 15 - 20 RWHP with any long tube headers for our cars. The rest is pretty much variance and error. Don't drive yourself insane by splitting hairs. They're both great options, including Stainless Works.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It'll be difficult to compare unless one person did both sets of headers on the same car and tested them on the same dyno.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It'll be difficult to compare unless one person did both sets of headers on the same car and tested them on the same dyno.
And, preferably, on the same day.

Not sure if that would even be possible, given what a bitch they are to install.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
And, preferably, on the same day.

Not sure if that would even be possible, given what a bitch they are to install.
Let's see who has the ballsack to yank their shit out of their car and put it on an engine dyno... :D

Sponsored

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 foxbody 347, 17' GT350 Avalanche(SOLD), 2019 GT350R KR711
following thread, would love to hear a comparison between the kooks full system vs the arh full system and dyno numbers. Stuck between which one I wanna go with

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I want the Kooks long tube headers (local to me) but will they cause me to fail NC inspection with the cats?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I want the Kooks long tube headers (local to me) but will they cause me to fail NC inspection with the cats?
If you have to ask, you have to assume, yes it is a possibility you will fail. Looks like North Carolina allows for up to 2 OBDII monitors in Not Ready status. However, some states also state that specifically the catalyst efficiency monitor may not be one of those monitors. Not sure if NC is one of those states or not. If they do a visual inspection you definitely have to assume you're screwed. Kooks Green Cats MIGHT scrub the exhaust hard enough where you don't throw a CEL for catalyst inefficiency but there have been mixed results and they are stupid expensive.

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
As was said above i would not expect much difference in power between them... i'd buy the ones constructed the best out of the best materials and if you're not installing them yourselves sometimes the ones your shop has installed before can save you some headaches.

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I've reached out to Kooks for a quote on headers and installation since they're local to me.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
So I finally installed the Kooks catless headers and X pipe on the R. With the tune there is a noticeable difference in throttle response and power. Also a noticeable difference in sound lol. valves open at idle it sounds like a traditional V8. Once you're not he throttle it sounds very exotic.

The only thing I do not like is when the valves are closed, at around 2700ish rpm there is a weird rasp only heard inside the car. Mildy annoying. Other than that, awesome.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Has there been a thread based on which of the main stream brands are easiest to install and best fit? I'd probably base a decision on that.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I've reached out to Kooks for a quote on headers and installation since they're local to me.
What was the price they quoted you?

How do you plan to pass NC inspections with no cats?

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Has there been a thread based on which of the main stream brands are easiest to install and best fit? I'd probably base a decision on that.
From everyone I’ve talked to and my own observations during the install of the Kooks, Kooks are the easiest to install. Also I was impressed with quality.

What was the price they quoted you?

How do you plan to pass NC inspections with no cats?
quote depends on what you’re wanting. With tuning, headers and install Kooks said 3400.

As far as inspection goes, it’s not required by my county (repealed in 2017) and even if it was no car under 5 years old is checked.
Sponsored