CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations
Oops, didn’t see that. :(

Just from reading I’m hearing there is a substantial loss going from 3” to 2.5” back to 3”.

Just not sure what substantial is. Lol

I’m not a race car driver looking for every bit, but don’t want to do the wrong thing here.
There would not be a substantial loss, if any.
Sponsored

AtomicSmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP, '93 Notch w/ IRS conversion
I just installed the MRT h pipe on my car with Magnaflow comp axle back, it is quite a bit louder than I expected, would this MF resonated X tone it down much?

OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
I just installed the MRT h pipe on my car with Magnaflow comp axle back, it is quite a bit louder than I expected, would this MF resonated X tone it down much?
It absolutely would tone it down!

Ecoboosted15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Perf pack A10
Any resonated X pipes installed with the factory NON active valve exhaust on the 2018 mustangs?
I just bought the cjpp branded H pipe and it sounds to raspy on higher rpms. But I do like the deep tone it brought from low to mid rpms. I definitely wanted to increase the volume over stock exhaust but not at the cost of rasp on higher rpms.

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dave,
Recently installed a Magnaflow Competition cat back with SW long tubes. Issue I am having now is the horrible sound it makes when I nail it. Sounds absolutely amazing normal driving with the deep throaty Mustang Sound. But then it sounds like my exhaust is made out of pepsi cans. No cats, no resonators. Thanks in advance...-shane

OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Any resonated X pipes installed with the factory NON active valve exhaust on the 2018 mustangs?
I just bought the cjpp branded H pipe and it sounds to raspy on higher rpms. But I do like the deep tone it brought from low to mid rpms. I definitely wanted to increase the volume over stock exhaust but not at the cost of rasp on higher rpms.
We have not installed this on a 2018 Mustang GT yet.

Any chance this will go on special anytime soon?
Cheers
Martin
I do not have any information pertaining to when specific products may or may not go on sale.

Dave,
Recently installed a Magnaflow Competition cat back with SW long tubes. Issue I am having now is the horrible sound it makes when I nail it. Sounds absolutely amazing normal driving with the deep throaty Mustang Sound. But then it sounds like my exhaust is made out of pepsi cans. No cats, no resonators. Thanks in advance...-shane
This sounds like it may be exactly what you need to combat the unwanted noises you are hearing. But keep in mind, this would not be a direct bolt-in. But any reputable exhaust shop would be able to knock out the installation with minimal modifications to your existing cat-back.

Ecoboosted15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Perf pack A10
Any idea of this resonator along with the MBRP pro series muffler delete kit you guys sell, would sound abit more refined then showed in your install video you guys just made?
What would be the outcome if the muffler delete is combined with this resonated X pipe? is pretty much what I am asking lol
Louder then the video but different tone or?

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just installed this on my 2015 mustang with roush axle backs, replaced the h pipe. H pipe and roush axel backs was great with out the blower. But was too loud with the blower. It’s soo much quieter now but deeper than the h pipe which is weird. Worked perfect for what I needed.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Someone I know also just used 12468 with Roush axle backs and catless LTs. Sounds crazy good and even on an indoor dyno it isn’t unreasonably loud.

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Someone I know also just used 12468 with Roush axle backs and catless LTs. Sounds crazy good and even on an indoor dyno it isn’t unreasonably loud.
Next move is cat deletes can’t wait lol

pbdrew15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew K.
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I see you guys just had special pricing on this particular item and I unfortunately missed the cutoff, I believe was Oct 22nd? Is there anyway a similar price can still be offered?

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
Sure wish there was a 3" option. I have 1 7/8" long tubes with 3" collectors now and this necks down to 2 1/4" to 2 12" exits to my 3" axle back setup. At my power levels, approx. 850-875rwhp, I'm sure there is some lost HP on the table. However, I will not put my 3" X-Pipe back in as its WAY TO LOUD. Looks like my only option is to buy #12599 and fab up a custom exhaust. The #12469 that was referenced before is dual 3" in and 3" out but internally its a Y which would choke it even more IMO. Not sure if the 12599 will fit or not due to its size.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12599

Camp6329

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Sure wish there was a 3" option. I have 1 7/8" long tubes with 3" collectors now and this necks down to 2 1/4" to 2 12" exits to my 3" axle back setup. At my power levels, approx. 850-875rwhp, I'm sure there is some lost HP on the table. However, I will not put my 3" X-Pipe back in as its WAY TO LOUD. Looks like my only option is to buy #12599 and fab up a custom exhaust. The #12469 that was referenced before is dual 3" in and 3" out but internally its a Y which would choke it even more IMO. Not sure if the 12599 will fit or not due to its size.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12599
Same here I would love the benefits of this but I am 3in all the way back.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.