Sponsored

Tired of waiting for the GT500

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Maybe I .your part of the country but in the southwest 350s still demand ADM or don't sit long. Check dealers are loaded with your performance car of choice with major discounts.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
While Mustang sales in general are doing, well interest in the GT350 is declining, which is normally the time you start taking about the next offering to keep people interested. When you have a die hard Ford fan like me in a competitor's car that should be pretty telling about how late to the game Ford is with the GT500.
So the GT350 wasn't for you. You owned one for a very short time. I see in your signature that you switch cars a lot. I got a GT350 in November of 2015 and I don't have 30,000 miles on it yet. To me it's still relatively new. I think you are the exception. If you want to change cars every year or two it will be difficult to find a new halo model that frequently.

I agree GT350 interest is declining, but that's why Ford made some changes to the 2019 model. If I had the money I would buy a 2019 or an R (new or used). It's still difficult to get an R and there's a lot of interest in them.

I think the main purpose of the halo cars is to reflect well on the Mustang in general so that Mustang sells well. And the reputation of the GT350 and R are still very high. The ZL1 1LE came out - it was slightly faster than the GT350R on track, but every review I saw stated that the GT350R was better - more fun to drive on the road and on the track.

The GT350R is still very relevant and desirable to many car buyers.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
So the GT350 wasn't for you. You owned one for a very short time. I see in your signature that you switch cars a lot. I got a GT350 in November of 2015 and I don't have 30,000 miles on it yet. To me it's still relatively new. I think you are the exception. If you want to change cars every year or two it will be difficult to find a new halo model that frequently.

I agree GT350 interest is declining, but that's why Ford made some changes to the 2019 model. If I had the money I would buy a 2019 or an R (new or used). It's still difficult to get an R and there's a lot of interest in them.

I think the main purpose of the halo cars is to reflect well on the Mustang in general so that Mustang sells well. And the reputation of the GT350 and R are still very high. The ZL1 1LE came out - it was slightly faster than the GT350R on track, but every review I saw stated that the GT350R was better - more fun to drive on the road and on the track.

The GT350R is still very relevant and desirable to many car buyers.
Or maybe it shouldn't take three GT350s to get one without problems and by the third one I was pretty salty about the experience. This opened the door for me to start looking outside of Ford along with the GT500 delay...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Or maybe it shouldn't take three GT350s to get one without problems and by the third one I was pretty salty about the experience. This opened the door for me to start looking outside of Ford along with the GT500 delay...
Now that totally makes sense to me. I'm surprised you are still even open to buying another Ford after that many issues.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Now that totally makes sense to me. I'm surprised you are still even open to buying another Ford after that many issues.
I bleed Ford blue so I hope to be back in the Mustang family again one day assuming Ford Performance delivers.

Sponsored

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Its becoming very very hard to resist a discounted ZL1 instead of waiting and waiting for this GT500 that will for sure be tagged with ridiculous ADM's for year or 2 after its release. I really dont understand what Ford is doing here.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Its becoming very very hard to resist a discounted ZL1 instead of waiting and waiting for this GT500 that will for sure be tagged with ridiculous ADM's for year or 2 after its release. I really dont understand what Ford is doing here.
This.

ADMs kept me away from GT350s, and now that they can be had for MSRP the cost delta to swap from my lowly GT now is beyond what my tight ass will willingly swallow. And the ADMs will be ballistic on the 500s too, and mark-ups just alienate me.

Many will pay to play, but this guy is looking hard at Hellion kits to fortify his paid-off sleeper GT (instead of defecting to the dark side).....

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
It's clear that the GT500 will be the end of life model for the S550. Just like the ZR1 is the last C7 Corvette and Chevy will release a Z/28 only in the last years of the 6th Gen Camaro.
I guess the GT500 will release as MY2020, maybe a rumored GT500R as MY2021 and 7th Gen will come as MY2022.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This.

ADMs kept me away from GT350s, and now that they can be had for MSRP the cost delta to swap from my lowly GT now is beyond what my tight ass will willingly swallow. And the ADMs will be ballistic on the 500s too, and mark-ups just alienate me.

Many will pay to play, but this guy is looking hard at Hellion kits to fortify his paid-off sleeper GT (instead of defecting to the dark side).....
Go for it. You can blow 15 grand to crush everything. Or you can spend 100 grand.......one day? For a car that im sure will be very cool. If it ever gets made.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I have not posted on this thread for a while since I gave up waiting and ordered a loaded 18 GT/PP /10 speed . That car has had a whippe on since 5000 Miles and has gone 10.5@138 with the whipple tune on 93 /3:625 pulley I am about to swap to a PBD tune and expect high 9’s on 93 and lower with E85 .Car runs like a scalded ape and would leave my stock GT 350 in the dust ...... but does NOT feel “special “ like the GT 350 or what I expect the GT 500 will be .
I may have found a solution to my problem .

Finally pulled the trigger on installing the Gen 3 whippe kit I bought last year for the GT 350; I had boundary OPG and CS, a WOT box (but no plans to use the 2 step ) and a QA1 CF drive shaft installed at same time
Car had just over 15,000 miles at the time of install and I had been running a flex tune since 5000 Miles .

Man ,what a difference ! I don’t noticed the weight up front as I am not carving canyons . I think it may have actually helped with the tramlining . The low and mid range end is now in credible . Still only have a few miles on it so I have not taking it to redline .Tune is whipple and after initial gremlins sorting out the TB wiring /voltage/clocking (TB comes unassembled) drives great .
It’s like I have a brand new car !
Both cars/ mods have probably cost me less that what I would expect to pay for a GT 500 after ADM the first year . Lol
Best of both worlds with A10 being 9 second capable and I can still have fun driving a really fast manual on the street (I expect it to be mid 10 capable ).
Now if the GT 500 turns out to be all that , I may have the GT up for sale in couple of years ,after ADM’s especially if I give up drag racing as planned.

Sponsored

Ken F. Williams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT # K0750 / Harley Davidson V-Rod / Lincoln MKX
Maybe I .your part of the country but in the southwest 350s still demand ADM or don't sit long. Check dealers are loaded with your performance car of choice with major discounts.
If you want a GT350 contact Jubilee Ford in Saskatoon, SK in Canada for a great deal.
They are blowing out GT350s. I bought my 2001 and 2019 Bullitts there and the service is fantastic.
Tell them I sent you. FYI, I like the 2019 BULLITT way better than the GT350. Soooooo glad I didn't wait for the ugly Lexus style front grill GT500

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
If you want a GT350 contact Jubilee Ford in Saskatoon, SK in Canada for a great deal.
They are blowing out GT350s. I bought my 2001 and 2019 Bullitts there and the service is fantastic.
Tell them I sent you. FYI, I like the 2019 BULLITT way better than the GT350. Soooooo glad I didn't wait for the ugly Lexus style front grill GT500
Yeah they are good, I bought an R there.

However, they can’t sell to international buyers and won’t touch American buyers.

There was an American buyer whom had a deal done with A Fort McMurray dealer from an R, signed and paid only to have it backfire. That R model changed hands somehow and ended up residing at a non SVT dealer in Strathmore.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yeah they are good, I bought an R there.

However, they can’t sell to international buyers and won’t touch American buyers.

There was an American buyer whom had a deal done with A Fort McMurray dealer from an R, signed and paid only to have it backfire. That R model changed hands somehow and ended up residing at a non SVT dealer in Strathmore.
Im locked in with a couple dealers, that said Ford should nip the whole ADM thing in the bud...I'm ok with paying to play so to speak but looking back on finding my first 350 it shouldn't be that hard. Funny thing is I started local and crossed 7 states only to end up buying in my home state (now home again..God Bless Texas!)

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
here in NYC and the tri state GT350s still have ADMs especially the R.

Canada never seems to sell their stock, they've been overloaded since 2016. I have my theories but apparently performance cars do well up there just not the 350.

new GT500 will be very expensive but very much worth it. It WILL be overkill so a supercharged 5.0 would probably be a better street cruiser but thats been the case for a while now.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
here in NYC and the tri state GT350s still have ADMs especially the R.

Canada never seems to sell their stock, they've been overloaded since 2016. I have my theories but apparently performance cars do well up there just not the 350.

new GT500 will be very expensive but very much worth it. It WILL be overkill so a supercharged 5.0 would probably be a better street cruiser but thats been the case for a while now.
The R models sent to Canada are still selling very strong and pretty all with an ADM but as you mentioned the regular GT350's continue to be over stocked on most dealership lots and there is a couple of reasons for that.

First off the selling price for well optioned 2018 GT350 in Canada is ~$78,000 which in my opinion is outrageous especially with some provinces such as B.C. having a luxury tax that comes into play with the net result of an additional 15% tax (GST/PST) on top of the $78,000 putting a regular GT350 OTD at ~$90,000.

Secondly, each of the ~35 SVT dealerships in Canada all got at least one R model allocation for each MY with some dealerships getting as many as 4 R models in any given year. With each R model allocation the dealership can order up to an additional 15 regular GT350's therefore numerous dealerships that had 2 R model allocations took as many as 30 GT350's in any given year.

Based on crazy OTD pricing for a regular GT350 along with some dealerships ordering way too many of the GT350 cars there are still many new cars to choose from and have seem discounts of up to $10,000 off MSRP for these cars.
Sponsored