'19 Mustang GT PP1

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Thought I would chime in on this entertaining thread with a couple of (maybe) relevant points:

1. I tracked my PP2 yesterday and it was glorious! Four 15-20 minute sessions pushing as hard as I could. Rear diff never approached overheating temp.

2. I did the two hour drive back home. In the (gasp) rain! Zero issues whatsoever.

I fricking love this car!!
I drove my modded GT500 live rear axle with 3.73s and good year F1 tires in the rain. It’s not impossible....it’s just not fun or practical

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Thought I would chime in on this entertaining thread with a couple of (maybe) relevant points:

1. I tracked my PP2 yesterday and it was glorious! Four 15-20 minute sessions pushing as hard as I could. Rear diff never approached overheating temp.

2. I did the two hour drive back home. In the (gasp) rain! Zero issues whatsoever.

Wide tires, especially with low tread, and standing water is usually something to sober a driver up real quick, lol.

Otherwise, it’s not a big issue.

93tankus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2
Wide tires, especially with low tread, and standing water is usually something to sober a driver up real quick, lol.

Otherwise, it’s not a big issue.
No doubt! I bought the vehicle from a dealership in Virginia and drove it home to Michigan. It rained 2/3 of the way.

I think if you have a healthy respect for the conditions present along with the limits of your equipment (tires), that goes a long way. By no means is it ideal! But it is surmountable!

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I have been a track whore my whole life as well as my dad before me, and his dad before him. You guys need to understand that every car that pulls onto a track has a weakness . You push the car til the weakness shows itself and then you fix it, plan and simple. Put a diff cooler on it and drive it til the next weakness shows, then fix it as well. And another thing to please hear this, Our mustangs are not a race cars, it is a street car that people take to the track. We take it to the track to race ourselfs and the clock, but most of all we take them to the track to have fun with them. A track car is not a street car, nor would you or any person in their right mind enjoy driving a race car on the street as a street car. As far as our old nemesis the Camaro, well one of its weakness... who cares.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I wonder if some mustangs diff sensor read different. I’ve seen people claim no over heating and another one claims he was over heating at the same event and the one over heats was a few seconds off from the guy that wasn’t. I’ll try and find the post on corner ponies on FB. Both at the same track same day both PP cars. Just weird that some people can push much harder and faster for full 20min session, and others can’t go 3 laps and over heating and slower.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2

Does not compute! Does not compute! Information does not conform to opinion of bench racing experts!

Sarcasm : off

Thanks for sharing some real world experience.
I have been a track whore my whole life as well as my dad before me, and his dad before him. You guys need to understand that every car that pulls onto a track has a weakness . You push the car til the weakness shows itself and then you fix it, plan and simple. Put a diff cooler on it and drive it til the next weakness shows, then fix it as well. And another thing to please hear this, Our mustangs are not a race cars, it is a street car that people take to the track. We take it to the track to race ourselfs and the clock, but most of all we take them to the track to have fun with them. A track car is not a street car, nor would you or any person in their right mind enjoy driving a race car on the street as a street car. As far as our old nemesis the Camaro, well one of its weakness... who cares.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don't go trying to interject common sense into this...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if some mustangs diff sensor read different. I’ve seen people claim no over heating and another one claims he was over heating at the same event and the one over heats was a few seconds off from the guy that wasn’t. I’ll try and find the post on corner ponies on FB. Both at the same track same day both PP cars. Just weird that some people can push much harder and faster for full 20min session, and others can’t go 3 laps and over heating and slower.
Applicable and a real thing when regarding two similar cars on track at the same time:

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
So what are you other toys? My other DD is a 2014 Raptor with SVT option but it's 100% stock except for the dual 10 subs under the seat. It's sort of my "beater". No other 4 wheel toys atm though .
2001 Lightning - Very little left stock on it. Truck runs 11.40 on pump gas 92 octane weighing 4800lbs with me in it.
1968 Mustang - 2 owner car. My grandma bought it new. 93 roller cam motor. t5 swap.
1994 cobra - really my wifes toy, but I work on it.
1993 lightning - under going restoration to be my youngest sons daily driver.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
The Civic R overheated during the Motor Trend Best Drivers Car test....The PP2 apparently did not.
I knew I read that somewhere. Thanks for pointing it out.

Timeless...whars up man??...long time no see...its been ...years! You are in cola right?

Back on topic..
Hey! Yep, still in Cola Town. Plan on getting back into a GT in the next couple or months. Apparently this magneride option is causing dealys...hopefully November.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
However if you are old like me....the inevitable softer ride from those things being missing seems as much of a benefit to me as it may seem as a negative to you. ;)
:dunno: . . . pretty sure that at only a few weeks shy of 71 I've got a few years on you, and I still don't want a 'soft' ride. To elaborate a little, for me a firm ride is fine (and clearly preferable to 'soft'). It's the slam-bang harshness that's unwanted. Based on wheel rates, my '08 rides about like a GT350R and for me that's a very good place with respect to street ride quality. Still a little on the soft side for track time, but that means that the beast doesn't need much of a muzzle for the rest. Even my wife doesn't mind riding in it, provided I dial the Konis back a bit further from "track" than I do for myself, if we're going more than a few miles at a time.

I want a muscle car that I can DD...not a Track monster.
I guess that's the difference. I've always been oriented toward hard cornering, handling, and road course driving rather than traditional straight-line muscle and hard launches. Even though I came into driving with the first muscle car era when performance mods and hotrodding were only about engine power.

I will point out that a Lunde racing or VMP tune is going to wipe out a lot of that "unique tuning" however....maybe not for tighter suspension but ill have to disagree that stock suspension Spring calubration and bars are the defacto best...i wouldn't make that claim. Pp1 brakes and rotors are $1200
It wouldn't surprise me if either of those tunes eliminated the throttle control capabilities of TC and AdvanceTrak. But none of the mechanical side of suspension tuning or wheel/tire specs would be affected, nor other Stability Control or any ABS/EPAS functions. A few years back people were trying to get Ford's EPAS reflashed for different reasons, and word at the time was that it simply could not be done.

I wouldn't necessarily consider the PP1 springs/bars/damper settings as good as they could (or perhaps should) be either. I'd probably find them being a little too soft overall.

Norm

OP
OP

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT

You shouldn't track it. Ford said it is not a track car.

On a serious note, I'm glad it is working for you on your mission. Car was seriously on my short list and with a cooler plus rear brembos would be at the very top.

OP
OP

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Diff overheating on track is very driver/track dependent. Unless you are being very aggressive on corner exit acceleration, where you'd actually need a LSD, you are unlikely to build up heat. Get on it and they build a ton of heat quickly - heat needs to go somewhere - there are no ifs/buts about it.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
OP is a baiter.
His whole reasoning for these threads "is to inform the public" of Ford's bad intentions. Yet he is the one who doesn't understand that the Mustang GT PP2 (tremor package) is "order only". (so wipe the dERP off ur face!)

Meaning the only public he is informing are those who order it. All-the-while, claiming these exact same people have no clue what they are doing, in spending the extra $810 on the PP2 "package". And are so ignorant, they have no clue the characteristics of the PP2's stock tires, in relation to weather conditions, etc...

I suspect the OP is judging people's ignorance of the Mustang GT PP2, based on the people he meets at the SS 1Le meet & greets...?

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
OP is a baiter.
His whole reasoning for these threads "is to inform the public" of Ford's bad intentions. Yet he is the one who doesn't understand that the Mustang GT PP2 (tremor package) is "order only". (so wipe the dERP off ur face!)

Meaning the only public he is informing are those who order it. All-the-while, claiming these exact same people have no clue what they are doing, in spending the extra $810 on the PP2 "package". And are so ignorant, they have no clue the characteristics of the PP2's stock tires, in relation to weather conditions, etc...

I suspect the OP is judging people's ignorance of the Mustang GT PP2, based on the people he meets at the SS 1Le meet & greets...?
Exactly what I've been saying.

Agreed and well said.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.