Threads
Reaction score
Website
exoticponymods.com
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
We got invited by Ford to join a track day experience in Calder Park. Here is a video of the day. Obviously the real feelings are much more exhilarating than what the video suggests.

My thoughts (compared to a MY15-17)

1. Car feels more lively (more torque, more power, more drama)
2. Better tires (the old Pzero were quite shocking, the new Michelins are much much better)
3. Digital dash gives extra positive feeling - drag mode etc are quite fun to use given a chance
4. New 10 speed auto is definitely big improvements for road use. Gear change time not too shy on track, but felt maybe too many gears.
5. overall appearance grows on me, the styling is more suited for more dramatic body mods
6. Interior had some really subtle improvements
7. Magneride is good on track, although could be firmer. Big improvements from driving a boat on the old version on stock suspension.
8. Like some of the new colours.
9. Quiet mode is win for neighbors
10. Stock DRL finally there
11. No tail light sequential unfortunately
12. Functional hood vents looked great
Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Hi RAY. I guess that was you doing some filming yesterday. After driving/hearing all those MY18's around Calder park, i have to say that the have absolutely nailed the sound. God knows how it passes EPA. LOL I would think that it's virtually killed the aftermarket exhaust business for MY18. Except for the person wanting headers, or a specific sound or maximum flow. I do think that 10gears are to many. But I loved the fast/firm/chirpy upshifts in sport mode. Will have to reserve final judgment on the 10speed after testing one in normal driving conditions. That new front has grown on me now and overall, it's a very good upgrade over the MY16/17.

OP
OP
ExoticPonyMods

ExoticPonyMods

Threads
Reaction score
Website
exoticponymods.com
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi RAY. I guess that was you doing some filming yesterday. After driving/hearing all those MY18's around Calder park, i have to say that the have absolutely nailed the sound. God knows how it passes EPA. LOL I would think that it's virtually killed the aftermarket exhaust business for MY18. Except for the person wanting headers, or a specific sound or maximum flow. I do think that 10gears are to many. But I loved the fast/firm/chirpy upshifts in sport mode. Will have to reserve final judgment on the 10speed after testing one in normal driving conditions. That new front has grown on me now and overall, it's a very good upgrade over the MY16/17.

Agreed Mick. Time was not permitting, we brought quite a few cameras and even drones. Yeah aftermarket Exhaust market could be hit hard. There are only a few high end upgrades now like the Corsa active quad etc. But I guess there are still plenty to do in these cars, like more aggressive front and rear bumpers/valance. Same with the DRL, have been doing that for over 2 years on 15-17. Luckily the rear still not sequential :)

Yeah the 10 speed is a little Chirpy, like a Lambo double clutch. Makes you more awake. 10 speed is probably designed for better economy, especially when 98 petrol is almost 2 dollars!!

MexicanBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
10 speed is awesome

better than the ZF8 speed I've had in a few cars, i always thought that the 8spd had too many gears

then i thought, why don't i think the same about the 10spd

because when i drive like a normal person it goes 1-3-5-6-8-10 or similar

when it skips gears it's just like driving a 6 speed for the most part

then put it into dragstrip mode and it breaks loose shifting at 100km/h in a stock car on 305 MPS4S, loads of fun
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.