Extreme Problem with Bell Ford in Arizona

Magnetic 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (pp), 2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2012 Mustang GT/CS
I'm wondering if anyone remembers a person named Delihla on mustang forums? I believe she was a mediator for those with dealer issues and repair issues at dealerships? or know of or have any power to over rule a salesman or his supervisor's decisions? Ive bought 4 mustangs in 7 years, my family has been with Bell Ford for 40+ years. yesterday I was extremely insulted and ripped off by the salesman and his supervisor by refusing to honor repair work they had promised before I took delivery of my mustang a few months ago. Instead they tried to charge me with a $2,000 bill and then told me to file a fraudulent claim with my ins comp. can you direct me to a extremely high level person at ford? TY. THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED ASAP before rain hits & possible ruination of the car. I really need serious help here. PS, I have everything on audio and witnesses (AZ is a 1 person state regarding audio recording) to the occurrence the night I took delivery. suddenly they have NO idea.

Scott
Lower Pass dor corner.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
First, the folks from Ford who used to be on this site from the initial roll out of the S550 no longer are on here (they abanonded the site in 2016).

Second, even if they were on here - they didn’t take up issues themselves, they directed owners to the Ford 800#, where the owner was assigned a Regional Ford CSR who would work trough their claims or concerns. Again, by no direction or direct correlation from that Ford Member on here, the owner would get a random Operator who would assign the owner a Regional Ford CSR.

Third - the damage to the bottom of your door is not being made clear - did you buy the car with the damage and they promised to fix it???!!!??? You’re not being clear with that part of your post.

If you didn’t have anything in writing for what the “repair deal”, unfortunately it’s your word against theirs. A recording may be helpful, but again if it’s in writing you have stronger case.

Normally if any dealership owes a Customer something from their buying experience, the Delaerhsip has to cut an “IOU” document that lists what is owed or due to you and what the dealership has to satisfy.

Insurance fraud? For what, again the post isn’t clear about what is owed to you and the damage in the pic.

You can reference this thread with the Ford 800# I posted for others:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ber-to-open-a-case-directly-with-ford.109640/

You will have to call that number to get an assigned Case number and regional CSR. That is as “high” as you can go and even then, depending on that door damage, I’m not sure how far you’re going to get without anything in writing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Magnetic 5.0

Magnetic 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
"did you buy the car with the damage and they promised to fix it???!!!???" YES, it was pointed out to the salesman before I took delivery. he failed to write down all the items needing repair/replacing.

The salesman's manager said its normal procedure to write and extras they promise down, but it seems after I left, he wrote nothing down and yet they fixed the other issues. I have them on audio telling me to call my Ins agent and file a claim. I'm not filing a false claim so they can screw my Ins co and me possibly seeing my Ins rates go up for something I never did. I do now have a case# from just minutes ago from Ford Corporate.

The damage in the pic is what the car was sent in 2 weeks ago to fix. It can't be seen unless you kneel down. that piece of the apron that runs along the bottom of the door had popped out right below the right front tire. seems all the body shop did was pop it back in and failed to address the bent in corner door lip. then I drop it off yesterday after them saying it was take 1 week to fix, but that same afternoon they called and said I owed the bill estimate. My salesman forgot to write it down. my wife & I were gone so I had no idea what he wrote down or didnt write down. He boss is putting this entire case on the fact the salesman didn't write it down. there are witnesses as well as audio proof.

I hope that explains it better.

Scott

OP
OP
Magnetic 5.0

Magnetic 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
First, the folks from Ford who used to be on this site fokmthe initial roll out of the S550 no longer are on here (they abanonded the site in 2016).

Second, even if they were on here - they didn’t take up issues themselves, they directed owners to the Ford 800#, where the owner was assigned a Regional Ford CSR who would work trough their claims or concerns. Again, by no direction or direct correlation from that Ford Member on here, the owner would get a random Operator who would assign the owner a Regional Ford CSR.

Third - the damage to the bottom of your door is not being made clear - did you buy the car with the damage and they promised to fix it???!!!??? You’re not being clear with that part of your post.

If you didn’t have anything in writing for what the “repair deal”, unfortunately it’s your word against theirs. A recording may be helpful, but again if it’s in writing you have stronger case.

Normally if any dealership owes a Customer something from their buying experience, the Delaerhsip has to cut an “IOU” document that lists what is owed or due to you and what the dealership has to satisfy.

Insurance fraud? For what, again the post isn’t clear about what is owed to you and the damage in the pic.

You can reference this thread with the Ford 800# I posted for others:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ber-to-open-a-case-directly-with-ford.109640/

You will have to call that number to get an assigned Case number and regional CSR. That is as “high” as you can go and even then, depending on that door damage, I’m not sure how far you’re going to get without anything in writing.

Heres the crazy part. the estimate is for a new right front fender, new hood, new fog lights, headlights, entire front bumper cover, parking lamps etc, basically an entire front end replacement, new front splitter, plus painting for a small fender dent? doesn't that seem just a little bit odd?

Heres the front end. does it looks like its all busted up? due to a small dent in lower right side door corner?

Scott
2017 Mustang GT Front End.jpg

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Is it new or used? I doubt Ford will get involved if it is used, and even if it was damaged on the dealer lot, there is not much Ford will do. Your deal was with an independent dealer, not Ford. You should have never picked it up like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Magnetic 5.0

Magnetic 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Is it new or used? I doubt Ford will get involved if it is used, and even if it was damaged on the dealer lot, there is not much Ford will do. Your deal was with an independent dealer, not Ford. You should have never picked it up like that.

we'll see. had either of us known at the time of sale it had that damage, we would of NEVER bought it. If you stand near the car and look down, you would never see it, one would of had to get on their knees to see it in the DARK as thats the case here. try it with a dark colored car in the dark and tell me what you see?

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
..."did you buy the car with the damage and they promised to fix it???!!!???" YES, it was pointed out to the salesman before I took delivery. he failed to write down all the items needing repair/replacing...
...had either of us known at the time of sale it had that damage, we would of NEVER bought it...
Interesting, it sounds like both the salesperson and you missed the damage pictured in the OP...until later obviously and now they want to pin it on you. Not fun to go through for sure. Next time wait around for a copy of the "we owe" document as it's an important one and make sure everything's on it, especially if you see damage. Cell phone flashlights are decent for going over a car at night. I won't buy a car a night or in the rain anymore because I was burned a while ago. Good luck

OP
OP
Magnetic 5.0

Magnetic 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, it sounds like both the salesperson and you missed the damage pictured in the OP...until later obviously and now they want to pin it on you. Not fun to go through for sure. Next time wait around for a copy of the "we owe" document as it's an important one and make sure everything's on it, especially if you see damage. Cell phone flashlights are decent for going over a car at night. I won't buy a car a night or in the rain anymore because I was burned a while ago. Good luck
EXACTLY. my score sits at 3-1 now. HA!. see we were told to check the car in the morning for anything we might have missed, when the car hit the garage with light, thats when it was seen by my wife. if you look to the right of the hole, you'll see the lower apron thats held with clips where it meets the door. that portion was popped out a very tiny amount and with a light tap of my had, I popped it right back in so we thought thats that. everything looked fine then. that was mentioned to them the following morning but as already said none written down. strange how they wrote everything else down regarding nicks, slight scratch, & a couple other things and conveniently forgot thats what the car was directly in for 2 weeks ago. (Body shop guys get amnesia? hmm). my last sundown purchase ever. score 3 Wins-1 Loss

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Read your response, good that you called for a Case number. Hopefully they can help, but just not so sure what, if anything, they will do with that pre-existing damage.

I went and looked at my own Mustang and regardless of car color, damage like that can surely be seen due to how the door panel is designed and bevels outward. Even if the lower rocker panel was loose, the damage to the bottom of the door seems to be really obvious both from close and from afar if approaching the vehicle straight on, or if coming up on it at any angle.

In no way am I defending the Dealership for their actions, or saying your recorded conversation with them at the time of sale doesn’t have any merit ... but ... that damage is just too visible to pass over as neither party not seeing it when that car was in pre-sale discussions.

I also don’t understand the $2k estimate given to you for body work entailing the entire front clip devoid of the actual area being pictured of the door... I’m at a loss for why any such estimate was drawn up, it doesn’t make any sense.

So let me ask this and in no way meant to offend - but:

1) Did the Salesman and yourself not thoroughly inspect the vehicle from top to bottom before even agreeing to buy it with that pre-existing door damage?

2) Did you get a really good, cant pass it up, kind of deal on the car because of the pre-existing damage?

I only ask those (2) questions, because if it were me and I saw that car anywhere on any lot for sale with the pre-existing damage, there wouldn’t even be a thought to entertain an attempt to purchase it.

Here’s what you could do - take it to (2) well known body shops in your area and ask them to give an estimate to repair the door damage. Take those (2) estimates to the Dealership and show them that is what it will take to fix the car properly - not an entire front clip that has nothing to do with the door damage.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I was missing something simple, and needed some panel adjustment, I got and "IOU" form from the dealer as part of the purchase package to sign. You gotta get EVERYTHING in writing....

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Heres the crazy part. the estimate is for a new right front fender, new hood, new fog lights, headlights, entire front bumper cover, parking lamps etc, basically an entire front end replacement, new front splitter, plus painting for a small fender dent? doesn't that seem just a little bit odd?

Heres the front end. does it looks like its all busted up? due to a small dent in lower right side door corner?

Scott
2017 Mustang GT Front End.jpg
Who wrote that estimate, the dealer who sold the car? If so, why?

OP
OP
Magnetic 5.0

Magnetic 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Just updating this thread so it can close out. a few days after this posting I received a call from upper management asking me if I would bring the car down so they can take care of the issue, to which I replied sure. An appointment was made to bring the car in the 1st of October when there was an available spot in the body shop. The car was brought in then. They repaired the car and it looks PERFECT. There also was no internal damage at all anywhere including the front end. They all agreed that the body shop estimate for 2k was way overkill and nit picking (trying to make some extra $$$). Jim Gaspar was very kind & polite throughout this last week.

The car is finished and I'm very pleased with the work performed. They restored my faith in them.

TY or all the comments & questions.
Sponsored