Sponsored

BMR SP080 Install

Troublemaker427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP1 Auto
I know this may have been answered a million times on here but please be patient with me. I would like to install a set of BMR SP080 springs on my 2018 GT. Will I need caster/camber plates or camber bolts to get it to align correctly after the install? Thanks
Sponsored

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
You won't NEED them. Your car will just have some inherent amount of negative camber going forward.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I would suggest getting the camber bolts. It'll get you back to factory specs. The rear will have enough adjustment from the factory, so no other parts are needed

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was told that I didn't need them when I installed mine but I ended up buying the Steeda plates just because. Again, you don't really need them.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Just get the camber bolts, and you will be able to get the camber back to factory spec. Cheap enough investment to save some expensive tires.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We strongly recommend to install the 555-8139 Steeda Adjustable Camber plates at the same time. We will only do lowering spring installs when the camber plates are also purchased.

From the factory, the OE components are designed without any camber adjustment for alignment purposes. The factory strut mounts also utilize a bushing style mount resulting in excessive bending stress on your dampers, steering system bind, and may even cause pre-mature failure.

With the addition of these camber plates you will be able to dial in precise front suspension camber for each front toe adjustments resulting in a more balanced and predictable vehicle on the street or track.

You will notice improved overall handling capabilities, elimination of understeer and increase in your Mustang's turn-in response. In testing, we have seen maximum lateral acceleration increase by .11 G's post-installation of our Steeda S550 Mustang Camber Plates.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-camber-plates-15-16-all-555-8139.html