Sponsored

Tickford S550 - 536 hp/466 lb/ft....from a tune!

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
So without any mechanical modification or changes they magically changed the fuel pressure or injector flow for DI? Did they magically change the time domain characteristics afforded to the DI system in which to inject the fuel? I don't care what they did to the OS, period. Unless they have a herd of rampaging unicorns that magically change the VE of the engine, this isn't happening. Air plus fuel plus spark = max cylinder pressure for max torque.

DI changes would likely just help fight off detonation. DI improves air mass due to cooling also however it is typically measured at 2 percent over port injection for the same fuel from a 6-7 theoretical maximum. Even if they somehow doubled it it would only result in a few 1-3 percent.

"The best street legal NA engines are pushing 125+ hp/L. With 5.0L that's a potential of 625+ hp."

What does a highly modified max effort NA engine have to do with a unmodified one? They said it was tune only.
Is the gen 3 variable timing?
I thought I read that somewhere or was that a Honda article?
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Is the gen 3 variable timing?
I thought I read that somewhere or was that a Honda article?

Do you mean variable cam timing? If so, the Coyote has had that since gen 1('11 MY).

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
How is keeping it under 7500 and not lean considered beating the “crap” out of it?
Just curious
We would have to see actual datalogs to know. You can reduce knock sensor response and add timing. You can lean it out enough to deteriorate the cats faster (which some people don't care about, but this is tune only so maybe they do) or even overheat exhaust valves. Anything with direct injection timing has to be treated very carefully due to the risk of oil dilution or bore washing. Obviously raising the rev limit is going to be hard on it as you mentioned.

I'm not making any kind of accusations here. I'm just listing the bad things that could result from trying to squeeze every horsepower out of the stock hardware. The bigger the claimed power gain, the more scrutiny the tune should get.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Some history in the name of science and shit...
15-17 Mustang GT in produces 306kw in Australia (less than the US car becasue of the RHD headers).
Tickford claim 360kw for this model once they install longtubes, full 3” exhaust, CAI and tune.

Do we STILL believe the hype surrounding the 18?
E8AF1C12-2781-45CF-8E95-220A86ADC7AE.jpeg
Do you have the full article? I havent seen that Long Tubes are included in the Tickford 360 power pack. Otherwise their claim for Gen 2 arent too far from expectation for Aussie derestiction and FRPP Power Pack 3.

On another topic in this thread-
I dont think anyone is suggesting Tickford should be given a pass on proving their claims. I just dont think outright dismissal can be done until that proof is obtained.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the full article?

On another topic-
I dont think anyone is suggesting Tickford should be given a pass on proving their claims. I just dont think outright dismissal can be done until that proof is obtained.
I don’t have the full article anymore sorry.
I agree that we can’t say “for sure” that the claims are BS but based on the claims they’ve made in the past, combined with what appears to be FAR too good to be true with the new car, I’d be absolutely shocked if it did even half of what they’re claiming.
Happy to be proven wrong of course.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Do you have the full article? I havent seen that Long Tubes are included in the Tickford 360 power pack. Otherwise their claim for Gen 2 arent too far from expectation for Aussie derestiction and FRPP Power Pack 3.
I'm certain you're correct that Tickford's 360 powerpack was cat back only, no headers. (+ some intake stuff).

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
This is the 360kw pack

• Tickford Performance Tune
  • Numbered Build Plate & Tickford Enhanced Badge
  • Driveline Warranty*
  • 3-inch Tickford Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust
  • Quad Outlet Black Chrome Exhaust Tips
  • Tickford Quad Outlet Rear Diffuser
  • Cold Air Intake & Throttle Body Spacer

http://www.tickford.com.au/360-power-pack-mustang-gt/

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
bet the TB spacer is where they found the extra power...

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

On another topic in this thread-
My bad, no headers.
Regardless. The car should’ve trapped about 5mph faster than the stocker if the claim is accurate.
Past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour.
That’s about all I can say.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

BKStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Mustang, Auto, Magneride, Recaro's
We will soon have the answers to everyone’s questions as I spoke in length today to John at Tickford about tuning my MY19 when it arrives in a few weeks time to Australia. I mentioned that most are very sceptical about the figures (which are measured off the engine).
To prove their point, they have Australia’s leading motor magazines at their shop this week doing full in-depth reports on this ECU re map tune. The tune is for 98 RON fuel and they support their tune with a 3 year 100,000km Drivetrain warranty.
Let’s wait and see what the motoring magazines have to say?
Tickford Australia for those that don’t know are one of Fords main race teams in the Australian V8 Supercars category.
Glenno, make sure you keep us posted on how this goes. One would hope that a reputable firm such as Tickford wouldn't make claims that they couldn't back up, but who knows, stranger things have happened. Hoping it is true, I can see a trip to Sydney and a slightly lighter wallet.

MexicanBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Well this thing beat out supercharged Shelby and Roush mustangs in a track challenge hosted by Harrop at Phillip Island

Details to be released soon

I’m interested to see the results

MexicanBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Impressive time considering lack of mods

Wheels tune and basic suspension

Quicker lap time than a Roush Jackhammer with 710hp

I suspect this guy can steer and steer real well
Sponsored