Lando23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Hello everyone
I have a 2016 V6 mustang with a P1sc1 Procharger. I have DW90# injectors. I’ve recently replaced the stock fuel pump with the DW400. After installing it, the car is going lean at part throttle after 3k rpms. However it runs fine at wot. It was running fine before I installed the DW400. Any ideas of why this could be happening? I’ve checked all the hoses and they are fine.
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
You're going to need a competent tuner to change the fuel trim settings in your tune to work with the new pump.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Hello everyone
I have a 2016 V6 mustang with a P1sc1 Procharger. I have DW90# injectors. I’ve recently replaced the stock fuel pump with the DW400. After installing it, the car is going lean at part throttle after 3k rpms. However it runs fine at wot. It was running fine before I installed the DW400. Any ideas of why this could be happening? I’ve checked all the hoses and they are fine.
Do you have a boost a pump?

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
You're going to need a competent tuner to change the fuel trim settings in your tune to work with the new pump.
After speaking with MPT about the fuel pump and I have the exact same setup as him with injectors, I was advised no tune change would be needed.

Sponsored

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
May be worth checking all the lines since there are recalls on them, if no sign of problems with lines maybe take the fuel pump out again and check everything then reinstall. If the problem persists like stated above get a Fuel pressure gauge to see if it dips or is steady.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Since it ran fine with the stock pump just reinstall that and call it a day.

People seem to underestimate the stock fuel system, especially when it comes to the needs of the V6. Ford uses the same fuel pumps in the V6 and GT, and even when supercharged the V6 fuel requirements are not likely to exceed the stock pumps capacity.

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
Since it ran fine with the stock pump just reinstall that and call it a day.

People seem to underestimate the stock fuel system, especially when it comes to the needs of the V6. Ford uses the same fuel pumps in the V6 and GT, and even when supercharged the V6 fuel requirements are not likely to exceed the stock pumps capacity.
I agree, I am not sure why others were having issues but I do know that I have a VMP fuel pump booster and 90lb injectors running E85 and MPT told me I was getting way to much fuel with my procharged set up making near 500 whp.
Sponsored