Sponsored

Seat Cooler

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
I've notice one little electrical gremlin. My seat cooler will come on all by itself (always full blast) when I restart the car (after turning the car off with the cooler at either setting 1 or off). Doesn't happen all the time - maybe 20% of the time. Very odd. Anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Are you using remote start to start your car?

OP
OP
TTown

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No; very rarely.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There is a setting in the main dash cluster menu to set the seats to “auto” temp set based on parameters the car gets from exterior temps. You can select the auto setting, or if you turn off the auto setting, the seats will remain at their last user setting upon shut down.

So if you left the seats set to max cool when shutting down, if remote starting the seats will come back on at Max cooling as last left.

If the setting is left at “auto”, depending on exterior temps, the seats will either automactically turn on at a cool or hot setting, regardless of where the user left them at shut down.

OP
OP
TTown

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm - that's interesting. I haven't looked through the manual much, but did notice some odd settings flipping through them on the car controls. I think what you mention - I had no idea what it was. I'll look into those further. Thanks for the note.

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
There is a setting in the main dash cluster menu to set the seats to “auto” temp set based on parameters the car gets from exterior temps. You can select the auto setting, or if you turn off the auto setting, the seats will remain at their last user setting upon shut down.

So if you left the seats set to max cool when shutting down, if remote starting the seats will come back on at Max cooling as last left.

If the setting is left at “auto”, depending on exterior temps, the seats will either automactically turn on at a cool or hot setting, regardless of where the user left them at shut down.
This is exactly what I was hinting at in my post. However, the OP’s issue apparently isn’t from the remote start as he stated that he rarely uses it.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red

CobraJet-can you upload some pictures or instructions for having the coolers come on automaticly with remote start? I read the manual and attempted to set mine, either I am an idiot or mine dont work...15 gt premium dual AC...

I thought the manual said to set your AC to Auto temp and turn coolers on, then shut down car....I have not seen any setting related to "AUTO" for seat coolers, only for AC....mine always restarts with seat coolers off.
Sponsored