Sponsored

Precision/Turbonetics NX2 Drop-In turbo

17Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Premium
Anybody running the NX2 drop-in turbo? Thoughts? Impressions? Who tuned it for you?
Sponsored

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Anybody?

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I see them for sale used, if they tells you anything

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that scares me a bit...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
But I would still like to read a review from someone who has used it for a while. There is not a lot of information around

Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
But I would still like to read a review from someone who has used it for a while. There is not a lot of information around
did you give Adam Brunson of tune + a call on yer phone ? He has been working with these for 4 years now .

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I still need to read a review from someone who has been using it for a while. Adam has tuned my car and I also bought the transmission tune from him. I trust him 100% with my car, but still, I need to read some reviews on this turbo.

OP
OP
17Stallion

17Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Premium
I still need to read a review from someone who has been using it for a while. Adam has tuned my car and I also bought the transmission tune from him. I trust him 100% with my car, but still, I need to read some reviews on this turbo.
Yes there are used NX2s for sale. In my experience, most of the used ones for sale are because someone is returning their car to stock to trade it in at the dealer.

I bought a used NX2 from a local guy who was doing just that. I took his car for a test drive. Then we did the swap in his driveway. I pulled my stock turbo, while he pulled his turbo and a bunch of other aftermarket parts of his car. Install was pretty easy.

Tuning process isn’t complete yet, but the car is a lot more responsive at upper rpms. Much more fun to drive. So far I’m very impressed.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate the review @17Stallion. Although your tuning process is not complete yet, I have one question. A friend of mine installed the Vargas 2 (regardless of the recent negative publicity, it's pretty similar to the PTE NX2) and I noticed that, althought the car pulls like a GT in the upper RPM range, it's not as responsive as it used to be at lower RPMs. Have you noticed the same thing with the PTE?

I like the fact that the car pulls hard in the upper RPM range, but I really enjoy low-end torque and I don't want to lose that.

By the way, who is tuning your car? Adam?

OP
OP
17Stallion

17Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Premium
I appreciate the review @17Stallion. Although your tuning process is not complete yet, I have one question. A friend of mine installed the Vargas 2 (regardless of the recent negative publicity, it's pretty similar to the PTE NX2) and I noticed that, althought the car pulls like a GT in the upper RPM range, it's not as responsive as it used to be at lower RPMs. Have you noticed the same thing with the PTE?

I like the fact that the car pulls hard in the upper RPM range, but I really enjoy low-end torque and I don't want to lose that.

By the way, who is tuning your car? Adam?
Bigger turbo will always mean slower spool. It’s just physics. That was one of my concerns as well. There is a slight difference in low end, but it’s not horrible in my opinion. Unlike the stock turbo, when the NX2 starts to spool it comes on strong.Don’t have any experience with Vargas but suspect the low end response is similar.

Adam

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I know it's pure physics! I suppose you can use Transbrake or boost braking to launch the car if needed.

And I suppose Adam is your tuner, not your signature, lol!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Also @17Stallion are you on 93 fuel? Where I live I do not have access to alt fuel, so I use premium gas, which is 100 Ron (better than 93 oct found in the US). What hp and Tq do you expect to reach with the NX2?

OP
OP
17Stallion

17Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Premium
Also @17Stallion are you on 93 fuel? Where I live I do not have access to alt fuel, so I use premium gas, which is 100 Ron (better than 93 oct found in the US). What hp and Tq do you expect to reach with the NX2?
Yes tuned by Adam on 93. My understanding is it will make 350-360 HP. I realize all of my comments have been subjective, but its still being tuned so no dyno/time info. Actually just got the latest revision and loading it now.

The NX2 starts to spool around 2500 rpm if that helps for a comparison to the Vargas you've driven.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I suppose you are talking 356-360 whp. Which translates to ~420 engine hp. Not bad at all. Also, if the NX2 starts to spool at ~2500rpm then it's great, as it is pretty similar to the stock turbo. The Vargas starts to spool above 3000rpm.

Do you mind posting some comments after you flash the latest tune and you take it for a ride?

Thanks for providing all this info man :thumbsup:

OP
OP
17Stallion

17Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Premium
Do you mind posting some comments after you flash the latest tune and you take it for a ride?
FWIW

5.3 0-60 in regular Drive with traction control ON
Sponsored