Active Exhaust Fail

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
nope, no issues once i pulled the wire harness back from the body of the car. so far (knock on wood) trouble free since
Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
nope, no issues once i pulled the wire harness back from the body of the car. so far (knock on wood) trouble free since
That does seem like a probably cause/effect situation. When you do the headers, the exhaust likely gets shifted around. And perhaps the headers change the way the exhaust moves under load?

Of course that doesn't really apply to mine, since it's stock ... but still interesting. :D

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
So, in the end, my active exhaust works perfectly fine now. I did absolutely nothing since i put the headers on but it just decided to stop failing. Still no idea why it happen'd or what the solution is. The active exhaust has a mind of its own.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Same here - no problems for a couple weeks after almost daily fail.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I shouldn’t have said anything - quiet start worked for a second, then the baffles opened and got the error message.

How many of you with the fail are NOT using quiet start?

Sponsored

rickdrews5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Prem / PP
Had to cut the muffler section off right behind the axle, where pipes split - clamped with two bolts on left side.

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
Covered in another thread, had similar issues and dealer wound up replacing muffler assembly from axle back, now have a clamp on one side.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...king-noise-when-i-turn-steering-wheel.110205/
This is an issue with the actuator completely not working. Most people on this thread are experiencing the exhaust sometimes working and sometimes not. Meaning the actuator is working. My active exhaust just randomly decided to work again without me having to have done anything. I still do not understand what the issue with these are.

rickdrews5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Prem / PP
Hope someone figures it out, such a great option to have and for me is the best one available. Would be a shame to keep having issues. My guess is moisture involved based on when my issues started occurring - mainly after I washed the car. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not In sport mode but track mode would result in an immediate error message. Good news is t has been working flawlessly since the fix.

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone get this fixed or figured out yet? Mine was working fine for a month or so but now it fails at least 3-4 days a week.

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
Anyone get this fixed or figured out yet? Mine was working fine for a month or so but now it fails at least 3-4 days a week.
Mine ended up fixing itself but I was at the dealer getting other warranty work done and they did notice that the right tailpipe actuator had bad wiring so they replaced the harness.

500PLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hi I have U.K. car
Fitting x pipe caused problem
The exhaust stretches about half inch when hot
Mine cut right connector wire on that body line
But fitted new loom and relay
But ford can’t switch off engine fault
How ever no fuse 34 in the slot?????

Pain had track mode only for ages
Is there another fuse in footwell
Worked after x pipe fitted but shorted about 40 miles later

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone had this problem fixed permanently? I pretty much get the error message every day now. I haven’t taken it in yet but plan to soon. Was wondering if anyone found the solution. My car is stock, so it has nothing to do with replacing headers or modifications.

bigwill90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone had this problem fixed permanently? I pretty much get the error message every day now. I haven’t taken it in yet but plan to soon. Was wondering if anyone found the solution. My car is stock, so it has nothing to do with replacing headers or modifications.
My problem was the bend going into the actuator on the passenger side the wire harness was bad ..I put silicone on it problem solved ..
Sponsored