Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Brought it back to the dealer today after putting OEM cat back on...they said Ford has been getting a lot of these and has been replacing short blocks...they have to tear down and inspect and report back to Ford to see the outcome if repair or new short block...guess I have to drive this grocery getter Edge for a while :frown:

And for all those people who said the engine problems were just a hand full and nothing to be concerned about. Well there you go! Ford tells the dealers this is a known problem but says nothing officially to the purchasers. I get where hey are at as they don’t want to taint the brand. But to have each owner with a tick to constantly go through the same BS when they know what the problem is - is just not right.

Anyway, at least my suspicions have finally been confirmed by Ford itself!
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
And for all those people who said the engine problems were just a hand full and nothing to be concerned about. Well there you go! Ford tells the dealers this is a known problem but says nothing officially to the purchasers.
Of course Ford knows what the issue is ... why else would they be replacing short or long blocks, some without a tear down first.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Of course Ford knows what the issue is ... why else would they be replacing short or long blocks, some without a tear down first.
And they could probably tell just by looking at the VIN... Just saying!

OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Update...Approved for Ford buyback RAV Dept will contact me next week to payoff the loan

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
And for all those people who said the engine problems were just a hand full and nothing to be concerned about. Well there you go! Ford tells the dealers this is a known problem but says nothing officially to the purchasers. I get where hey are at as they don’t want to taint the brand. But to have each owner with a tick to constantly go through the same BS when they know what the problem is - is just not right.
Anyway, at least my suspicions have finally been confirmed by Ford itself!
Sorry for going a bit OT but here in Australia they're peddling the same crap with a/c evaps and oil cooler failures. 'Only a small number of cars are affected'. Currently they're replacing evaps and engines without question but absolutely refuse to be part of the discussion when it comes to reassuring people that these issues will be fixed outside warranty, thus making for a bunch of nervous owners and potentially driving resale value through the floor. Rant/

p411mstang I hope things go smoothly for you.

OP
OP
p411mstang

p411mstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT
Sadly I will never buy another Ford...past 2 Mustangs have turned me off from Ford...Not sure what I will be getting next...smooth but long process...haven't seen car in 37 days

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Sadly I will never buy another Ford...past 2 Mustangs have turned me off from Ford...Not sure what I will be getting next...smooth but long process...haven't seen car in 37 days

What people seem to forget is that there is a world of other cars out there. They become so myopic in a community like this that minor year to year changes are reason to take huge financial hits on what is the same car. But the most important part of car ownership is reliability. When the newness wears off it is just a car. To get you places and when it starts to break down and not doing its job, it is failing in its most basic way.

People here are bragging about driving a car for 14,000 miles without having to replace the engine, is insanity in other car forums. The car should go for 18 years without ever having to open the engine. That was what I got out of my fox body 5.0. Anyone that has an engine that needs replacement just after the break in period, first oil change, or even a year later can’t be faulted for leaving the brand.

Have fun with your next car!