Sponsored

Comp Orange Shelby Build - Frankenstang

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You can tune for 91/93 on 12.5:1. Obvious there are OEM's doing it. But E85 is definitely preferable on such a high compression. Sleeving and forged internals (which we already have. Not powder forged or hypereutectic...no FULLY spit end forged rods and forged pistons) really doesn't have anything to do with compression but just what's available on the market. I'm sure you're not going to find any internals plus heads that'll give you 12.5:1 that are hypereutectic or cast. Hashtagbecausereasons. But technically if you wanted to have a cast piston do super high compression like that...I'm sure it could be done. Just doesn't make market sense.
Sponsored

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
You can tune for 91/93 on 12.5:1. Obvious there are OEM's doing it. But E85 is definitely preferable on such a high compression. Sleeving and forged internals (which we already have. Not powder forged or hypereutectic...no FULLY spit end forged rods and forged pistons) really doesn't have anything to do with compression but just what's available on the market. I'm sure you're not going to find any internals plus heads that'll give you 12.5:1 that are hypereutectic or cast. Hashtagbecausereasons. But technically if you wanted to have a cast piston do super high compression like that...I'm sure it could be done. Just doesn't make market sense.
Thanks for the info, also do you think a guy should forged the block with a build like this? (Ported heads, cams, full exhaust, e85 and a slight bump in compression). Feel like I’d be near if not over 600 rwhp.. I’m in no shape to afford that right now lol, but I’m just looking down the road.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I did my best to fill in some of the blanks. Those are 375 RPM increments. I used Power BI to make a line chart that would represent the torque curve based on the data we have. IF, and if, this is accurate, that's a gorgeous torque curve. My guess based on some statistical math based on the rate of torque drop, peak horsepower at 8200 RPM would be 538 horsepower.

Yes, I know I'm already off a tick because peak torque was 369 and not 375 but again, did my best to represent as much as possible within reason. Also, the 525 horsepower at 7810 IS accurate. It was posted in FE Dynamic's YouTube.

upload_2018-9-24_20-2-11.png

Reposting this response from another thread.

As far as cams go too, before anything, I'd also like to know what the true maximum and minimum lobe separation is when using the TI-CVT. Because of the remaining torque deficiencies, I'd be cautious about getting too aggressive on cams but if a higher duration but a wider lobe separation angle could maintain the low end, or even slightly improve it, that would be a winning combo. But then I also wonder if the air intake velocity would be too slow as well in the low RPM range. Like I said before, 8200 RPM is hard to tune across the entire range especially on one throttle body.

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
I did my best to fill in some of the blanks. Those are 375 RPM increments. I used Power BI to make a line chart that would represent the torque curve based on the data we have. IF, and if, this is accurate, that's a gorgeous torque curve. My guess based on some statistical math based on the rate of torque drop, peak horsepower at 8200 RPM would be 538 horsepower.

Yes, I know I'm already off a tick because peak torque was 369 and not 375 but again, did my best to represent as much as possible within reason. Also, the 525 horsepower at 7810 IS accurate. It was posted in FE Dynamic's YouTube.

upload_2018-9-24_20-2-11.png

Reposting this response from another thread.

As far as cams go too, before anything, I'd also like to know what the true maximum and minimum lobe separation is when using the TI-CVT. Because of the remaining torque deficiencies, I'd be cautious about getting too aggressive on cams but if a higher duration but a wider lobe separation angle could maintain the low end, or even slightly improve it, that would be a winning combo. But then I also wonder if the air intake velocity would be too slow as well in the low RPM range. Like I said before, 8200 RPM is hard to tune across the entire range especially on one throttle body.
Are you suggesting ITB’s? Haha

Sponsored

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
I also remember the forum member mentioning they had limited tuning capabilities for the ported heads @ FDE..

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Just thought I’d share this. I know it’s a 5.0 but I see someone has put the FED ported 350 heads to good use.
CE00D10F-2FAB-4AB5-BAC9-D491908AB93E.jpeg
D05319E8-A4C7-478D-85CA-7CC4CCF012B2.jpeg

Will@Whipple

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just thought I’d share this. I know it’s a 5.0 but I see someone has put the FED ported 350 heads to good use.
CE00D10F-2FAB-4AB5-BAC9-D491908AB93E.jpeg
D05319E8-A4C7-478D-85CA-7CC4CCF012B2.jpeg
This was actually my car guys, it's a 5.2L based block just cross plane crank The FED heads are a work of art and worth every penny and then some

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This was actually my car guys, it's a 5.2L based block just cross plane crank The FED heads are a work of art and worth every penny and then some
That is awesome. So it looks like the heads also raised some of the low end as well? Your torque curve peak isn't higher but if it raises the low range and carries the high end, I think that's the key that most 350 owners would want. We really don't care about the peak torque number but how the torque curve carries. From getting a little more low end for every day driving to hitting the track and consistently being above 4500 RPM (admittedly, the car does kinda poo-poo out a little bit in 5th at higher midrange RPM).

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Voodoo block ?
Sponsored