rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
So apparently I've been told that the a similarly designed wheel being offered by a competing company seems to have issues failing for track use. I've also been told even for street use, I would need to watch and make sure that the wheels are holding up. Too bad cause I like the finish along with a more concave design.

So how are the M600s holding up? Do I need to check them every time I check the oil? :sunglasses: I have plans to keep 2 sets so this question would be mainly apply towards use on the street.

Appreciate the input.
Sponsored

Monkeybutt1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt
So apparently I've been told that the a similarly designed wheel being offered by a competing company seems to have issues failing for track use. I've also been told even for street use, I would need to watch and make sure that the wheels are holding up. Too bad cause I like the finish along with a more concave design.

So how are the M600s holding up? Do I need to check them every time I check the oil? :sunglasses: I have plans to keep 2 sets so this question would be mainly apply towards use on the street.

Appreciate the input.
Where can I find the info of the failing wheels, I believe I am currently riding around on a set and now I'm a little concerned

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Where can I find the info of the failing wheels, I believe I am currently riding around on a set and now I'm a little concerned
Don't really want to derail too much...just some chatter on the FB group for Shelby 350/R owners, someone had posted a pic of their new set of wheels on their R. I had chimed in that I was interested in buying a set and was given the heads up by a couple of people.

DISCLAIMER: And no it isn't the S branded wheels. Also, this is for 350/R specific applications only, so for regular S550 folks, YMMV & may not apply. :beer:

Monkeybutt1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt
Don't really want to derail too much...just some chatter on the FB group for Shelby 350/R owners, someone had posted a pic of their new set of wheels on their R. I had chimed in that I was interested in buying a set and was given the heads up by a couple of people.

DISCLAIMER: And no it isn't the S branded wheels. Also, this is for 350/R specific applications only, so for regular S550 folks, YMMV & may not apply. :beer:
Google searching I see that people are saying its the P51 in discussion on FB. I don't honestly see why only the fitment for the Shelbys would be effected - thanks for posting though I will be inspecting mine regularly now.

Sponsored

Monkeybutt1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt
WOW!! Thanks for posting Labradog, you must of posted while I was writing. That's a little scary.

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well it aint our's lol,

But guys this is why you should buy wheels who actually put there brand on a wheel/ not a fake name so when things like this happen they simply wash there hands away from everything.
Our M600 may not have the deepest concave profile or even be the lightest in the flow forged game but ill tell you what our wheel wont crack on the spokes like that. Testing is very crucial.

I know the brand who makes this wheel but im not here to bash it / Im here because I dont want any of the forum members to see a horrific picture like that and confuse it with our M600.
we have a long and great reputation and we want to take care of that.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I personally know someone who cracked his p51's at the track.
I love the way they look but those spokes are just too thin IMO.

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Right now every brand wants to offer the customer the deepest concave profile and the lightest possible is just some are willing to cross that line for some quick cash and simply disregard safety.
beware and watch out for stuff like that/ ask questions. I would watch out with any wheel they manufacture or at least look for load rating reports and test reports.
good luck guys.

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Right now every brand wants to offer the customer the deepest concave profile and the lightest possible is just some are willing to cross that line for some quick cash and simply disregard safety.
beware and watch out for stuff like that/ ask questions. I would watch out with any wheel they manufacture or at least look for load rating reports and test reports.
good luck guys.
I couldn't agree with this more. It would be very interesting to see every wheel company post their FEA diagrams and testing certifications...if they even have them...

Looks and weight isn't everything. It's really nothing in the grand scheme of things when it comes to making a quality wheel.

Sponsored

eppd00

eppd00
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have had a set of the MRR M600 wheels with a chrome finish on my Shelby for a year without any problems whatsoever. The Shelby is a street car only,no track time. I am very satisfied with them.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase