Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Everything on this car has a nickel like finish, including the exhaust tips from what I can see. This polishing didn't remove that finish, did it? It looks very glossy and bright.
Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I wouldn't worry about it. I don't believe from the OEM the finish is not nickel-like. You used the word nickel-like but I'd compare it to dull or dirty. I wanted them to pop and stand out so the glossy and bright was the outcome I wanted.

"NEVR-DULL" WADDING POLISH For cleaning and polishing all metals. Easy to use, just tear off a small wad and rub slowly over surface to be cleaned, buff gently with dry cloth. Rust and tarnish disappear, leaving a high luster and protective film. Highlights: 5 oz. For all metals. Will not scratch.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I know what he means. I noticed from day one not only the tips but the shiny metal inside trim is not a chrome or stainless color. It seems to have a slight darker tinge to it. But I like it.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Converted to MY18 switches on the steering wheel for audio control and mode select. Now audio is on the left spoke as it should have always been. The only notable difference is the voice control button does not have the correct legend. That is a wholly worthwhile trade to get the switches moved over. The voice control functionality still works though.
6697FD32-EB1E-4D53-842D-B364F92A7427.jpeg

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Audio is actually correct on the right, since that is where the radio is. Only makes sense.

Looks great though (even though everything is now bassackwards. ;-)

-T

Sponsored

NAG_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
Converted to MY18 switches on the steering wheel for audio control and mode select. Now audio is on the left spoke as it should have always been. The only notable difference is the voice control button does not have the correct legend. That is a wholly worthwhile trade to get the switches moved over. The voice control functionality still works though.
6697FD32-EB1E-4D53-842D-B364F92A7427.jpeg
What kinda steering wheel is that???

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Audio is actually correct on the right, since that is where the radio is. Only makes sense.

Looks great though (even though everything is now bassackwards. ;-)

-T
Nope, agree to disagree. Haha. Redundant controls on the same side don't make too much sense. Plenty of manufacturers do it this way.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
What parts did you purchase to make this work?

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Thanks for the quick reply..I thinking about ordering it. Whats ur review about it, How much was it and if possible can u post pic of the cabin. Thank you
I joined the group buy that 50 Deep set up so pricing would not be the same. The wheel is really nice and the quality of workmanship is first rate. It is an entirely new frame that has a wider flat bottom portion which I like. The grip is larger all around and the contouring is very nice to hold.

Last edited:

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
What parts did you purchase to make this work?
All I needed parts wise were the two switch modules from a 2018. It isn’t completely plug and play though. The plugs are wired in such away that they cannot just be re-routed to the opposite side. What I did was cut the wires that prevented the plugs from moving yobtte other side and lengthen them do electrically everything is still the same. The plugs needed slight mods too but as these are Molex plugs it’s very easy since within a plug family type they are basically alike save for tiny differences that only required the removal of two small nubs that otherwise keep the plugs from connecting. Super easy and the whole thing could easily be put back to stock.
I did find a YouTube vid of someone that did this and chose to do the wiring differently by swapping two wires from the main plug. So there are at least two ways to accomplish this. Also if anything gets messed up the harness is a stand alone part that could easily be replaced.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I drove a friends IS350 for two days which has the audio controls on the left and menu function on the right of the wheel. Now I’ll admit it may be because I’m already used to my car, but F that. It was not natural at all. I’ll be keeping mine stock.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I drove a friends IS350 for two days which has the audio controls on the left and menu function on the right of the wheel. Now I’ll admit it may be because I’m already used to my car, but F that. It was not natural at all. I’ll be keeping mine stock.
For sure to each his own and I am not promoting anyone make the change but Ford made the change and it’s not uncommon in other makes either. Though I did get used to the other configuration I like it better with audio on the left. Left hand is almost always on the wheel, particularly at cruise. Right hand is busy shifting or just resting on the console.

sweetchuck2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, DIB, Tech package.
IMG_20180310_153539_815.jpg
I joined the group buy that 50 Deep set up so pricing would not be the same. The wheel is really nice and the quality of workmanship is first rate. It is an entirely new frame that has a wider flat bottom portion which I like. The grip is larger all around and the contouring is very nice to hold.
I did the group buy too. Went with the blue stitching and love it. Installed it back in March. Unfortunately, I won't get to drive it again until Jan as I'm overseas
Sponsored