Sponsored

4 point roll bar

kutsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
'11 V6 Convertible, '19 GT Convertible (upcoming)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone installed a 4 point roll bar and is willing to share source/photos. The only one I could find is http://rpmrollbar.com/mustang-2015-to-present/ and it is not in production just yet.

Thanks,

Vadim
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
OP
OP

kutsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I would stick with Watson. They do the Cobra Jet cars and I would trust them. This is a post I have seen a few times without mentioning names:

"Personally, I'm not a huge fan of XXXXXXX bars. It seems to me like the backing plates are not large enough to keep the bars from puncturing the floor pan in a rollover situation. Here is a picture of a mustang with an XXXXXXXX bar that wrecked at my home track, Hallett. Luckily the driver walked away without injury but I'm not sure how. I realize this could have been an installation error but I've never been too comfortable with these bars after witnessing this...

Here you can see the main hoop bars poking through the floor pan"
hallett-carfx-mustang_100232523_m.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

kutsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would love Watson, but to my knowledge, they don't do one without crossbars and I would want to have back seat "just in case" (the reason I want with Maximum on my '11). I'll try to email Watson and I'll update.

OP
OP

kutsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Reply from Watson racing:

“Unfortunately we do not offer it without the crossbars. These crossbars contribute significantly to the overall strength.”

;(

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I would love Watson, but to my knowledge, they don't do one without crossbars and I would want to have back seat "just in case" (the reason I want with Maximum on my '11). I'll try to email Watson and I'll update.
I believe all roll bar manufacturers will warn you not to use the backseat for passengers once it is installed. Side airbags will be blocked and the passengers can hit their heads on the bars in the event of a collision. Very dangerous!

OP
OP

kutsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe all roll bar manufacturers will warn you not to use the backseat for passengers once it is installed. Side airbags will be blocked and the passengers can hit their heads on the bars in the event of a collision. Very dangerous!
There is no rear seat side airbag on Mustang (unless I am missing something) and yes you do need to install padding on the roll bar to prevent passengers from hitting their heads (http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Roll-Bar-Padding-black-fits-1-34-tube-P847.aspx).

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Watson allow for the top to operate? Assume yes but figured someone might know for sure.

Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
You should not have passengers in the back seat with a roll bar. Hard metal close to unprotected heads is not a good thing.

I had a custom 6 point roll bar made for my 2006 by a local guy. Cost me about $1,000 installed.
2006 Mustang.jpg

For drag racing you need a 5 point minimum if your convertible is quicker than 13.49 in the quarter mile.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
You should not have passengers in the back seat with a roll bar. Hard metal close to unprotected heads is not a good thing.

I had a custom 6 point roll bar made for my 2006 by a local guy. Cost me about $1,000 installed.
2006 Mustang.jpg

For drag racing you need a 5 point minimum if your convertible is quicker than 13.49 in the quarter mile.
That looks pretty nice!

I am trying to think up something thats good for 8.99 and quicker but also have functionality like yours. Sounds like you got a great price as well!
Sponsored