Sponsored

Top protected... rain water beads up nicely

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Did the 303 cleaner and protectant. Rain water beads up nicely.
B87B9E1F-C774-4434-9B14-5A5DB303F275.jpeg
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Nice!

Is that a 1 step protectant or 2 parts - cleaner then protectant?

Any recommendations on leather cleaner protectant?

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!

Is that a 1 step protectant or 2 parts - cleaner then protectant?

Any recommendations on leather cleaner protectant?
They sell a cleaner and protectant kit.

Lexol for Leather. In fact, I protect the entire interior of my car with Lexol leather and vinyl products.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thank you!

OP
OP
RadRubyRed

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

mwoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Convertible
I’m a fan f 303 as well. I do a clean and treatment each spring.
I’m on the fence with Lexol on leather. I have heard mixed reviews. It seemed to make the leather on my Honda’s last longer, but I’m not sure. I hesitate to use it with the perforated leather seats on the Mustang.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I did a treatment with 303 last weekend. Not particularly happy with the result, as only a portion of the top performs like the OP's picture, although I believe that it was my fault and I simply did not put enough product on the top. I think, however, that the next time I do it I am going to use a brush to apply it as I have seen in several Y-T videos, which I think gives you a better idea of how much you have put on.

OP
OP
RadRubyRed

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did a treatment with 303 last weekend. Not particularly happy with the result, as only a portion of the top performs like the OP's picture, although I believe that it was my fault and I simply did not put enough product on the top. I think, however, that the next time I do it I am going to use a brush to apply it as I have seen in several Y-T videos, which I think gives you a better idea of how much you have put on.
I did a couple coats (enough to use the entire bottle). First coat was not enough. I then applied a 2nd coat and it works as the picture shows.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
An alternative to 303 protectant is to go to West Marine and buy their own brand of canvas water repellant.

Works great!

CVCashmere

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a fan f 303 as well. I do a clean and treatment each spring.
I’m on the fence with Lexol on leather. I have heard mixed reviews. It seemed to make the leather on my Honda’s last longer, but I’m not sure. I hesitate to use it with the perforated leather seats on the Mustang.
I've used Lexol for at least 20 years. Porsche, BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Lexus. Ford...you name it. Love how it always keeps my leather soft and crinkle free. With perf seats, I spray it on the rag first then apply in thinner coats.

Lexol saved my seats when I pulled an almost cardinal sin for a car guy. Left the sunroof open at the hotel overnight while a massive storm dumped rain all night. Came out to a huge puddle in every seat, I think the Lexol helped block the water from seeping in. A thorough dry out and 2 Lexol treatments later had the leather looking better than new. So pretty much I swear by the stuff!

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of pictures of how I'm guarding against protectant overspray with about $5 worth of 1mm vinyl sheeting and medium tack painters tape. I've read many warnings about how hard it can be to remove once set.

20180924_114829.jpg
20180924_114838.jpg

Last edited:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
@sdiver68 great idea. I went nuts with the spray and if it wasn't for my car being ceramic coated I don't think I would have gotten it off the paint.

The 303 stuff really works well!

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
I use the chemical guys convertible protectant and it works really well

agiannam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armand
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Convertible; 2014 Ford F150 XL
I'm not satisfied with the performance of 303 Fabric Guard (30607). After applying it to the top of my 2017 Mustang convertible, I expected water to bead on the fabric, much like water beads on the painted surfaces of my car. I expected that water would not soak onto the fabric. My expectations were met for the 1st minute or so of exposure to water. But, after driving less than 5 miles in a heavy rain, the water did not bead and water appeared to have soaked into the fabric; It did not bead. I applied this product in full sun, with air temperatures in the upper 70's to low 80's, using a pump sprayer, until the fabric was evenly wet / damp. The convertible top wasn't exposed to water for 3 days after application.
I similarly applied 303 Fabric Guard (30607) to the canvas top of my boat, and water drained through like a sieve during a recent heavy rain.

After a 2nd application to my Mustang, I had the same unsatisfactory results.

In September, I requested a refund in accord with Gold Eagle's guarantee, & have had no reply.

UPDATE: Today I received a refund via mail, so props to Gold Eagle for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RadRubyRed

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not satisfied with the performance of 303 Fabric Guard (30607). After applying it to the top of my 2017 Mustang convertible, I expected water to bead on the fabric, much like water beads on the painted surfaces of my car. I expected that water would not soak onto the fabric. My expectations were met for the 1st minute or so of exposure to water. But, after driving less than 5 miles in a heavy rain, the water did not bead and water appeared to have soaked into the fabric; It did not bead. I applied this product in full sun, with air temperatures in the upper 70's to low 80's, using a pump sprayer, until the fabric was evenly wet / damp. The convertible top wasn't exposed to water for 3 days after application.
I similarly applied 303 Fabric Guard (30607) to the canvas top of my boat, and water drained through like a sieve during a recent heavy rain.

After a 2nd application to my Mustang, I had the same unsatisfactory results.

In September, I requested a refund in accord with Gold Eagle's guarantee, & have had no reply.
I did a couple coats (enough to use the entire bottle). First coat was not enough. I then applied a 2nd coat and for me it worked very well.
Sponsored