Oil pressure drop at the track

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The 2015 w 6R80 had the stock trans cooler mounted on the radiator on the front side.
Remove your radiator top brackets and you should be able to see the trans cooler if the 10R80 is similar.
I have not started working on my 2018, but I can tell you that just relocating the transcooler to the passenger fender well and adding ducting from the lower grill will make a large difference on the track in cooling the auto trans. You will need to make support brackets or buy the GT350 trans cooler support brackets and modify. Then fab up an airbox or ducting that vents to wheel well.
Well that is good news, I was under the impression that the trans cooler was integrated into the engine coolant radiator and not a separate cooler. This will make the process a lot easier to relocate or add a larger cooler. So this makes my theory of the heat load from the trans causing the coolant temp to rise and therefore raise the oil temps and CHT a little less likely other than the blocked and heated air from the trans cooler being in front of the radiator.

I would take a close look at all the ducting around the radiator and make sure there is not a missing piece of ducting that is allowing air to bypass the radiators, this may require you to move the top core support cover or the lower splash guards so you can see everything better but if a piece was left off or not installed correctly it would have a big impact on the cooling systems ability to function on track.

Dave
Sponsored

OP
OP

dejxx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Federico
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustag GT PP
Thank you for all the info! Gave me a good road to follow to try to identify the problem.

Will come back with more info as soon as possible.

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
Your oil viscosity is dropping as the oil temperature rises. The best solution is to add a real oil cooler (large air/oil heat exchanger). You should run 5w-50 on the track regardless (the reason all the ford performance vehicles require 50 weight oil). Your 30 weight oil is probably pushing 300F and the viscosity is dangerously low under those conditions.
Sponsored