Sponsored

2018 GT broken fork..

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It's under warranty, so the only problems are 1. the wait and 2. they should reimburse you for that wait (like covering a car payment or something) which IIRC they did for the LS_Eater guy? Once it's fixed I would hope/assume there won't be any more problems with the transmission.

The worst part is that folks who want to start tuning/modding right away might want to hold off so they're not dicked around with warranty claim denials.
Do dealers really reimburse for the wait? I lost 2nd as well, and the dealer has had my car for over 2 weeks.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Subscribed. I hate reading about all these gremlins in my new $60k car!!!

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to just try not to drive like a dick until I can afford to be without the car or buy a replacement trans. So far, so good. Back in the day, these car didn't have enough power to break the trans. A stock GT had 270hp max. Now you have twice that with grip. I may find a backup trans for a deal over the winter just in case while the car is in storage. Good luck with your fix.
Third Gear used to break in the t-5 all the time back in the fox body days.

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
OP
OP
chrishammondx

chrishammondx

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Base MT82
My car is going to ready Friday, according to the service guy. Dropped it off last Tuesday, so not too shabby. He said they are just replacing a fork and the rest of the trans looked good.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
My car is going to ready Friday, according to the service guy. Dropped it off last Tuesday, so not too shabby. He said they are just replacing a fork and the rest of the trans looked good.
Did you get the car back?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do the 2019 Mustang GT have the same issues with the Chinese built 6 speed transmissions.
You're pointing blame in the wrong direction. The engineers who designed those aluminum forks is a good place, though. The gen 2 MT82 has no such issues with its steel forks. Designing something to be cast aluminum isn't impossible but requires a very different design. Also, cast aluminum is very brittle and not a good choice for something seeing high impact loads.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
You're pointing blame in the wrong direction. The engineers who designed those aluminum forks is a good place, though. The gen 2 MT82 has no such issues with its steel forks. Designing something to be cast aluminum isn't impossible but requires a very different design. Also, cast aluminum is very brittle and not a good choice for something seeing high impact loads.
I saw this picture on Facebook from someone who had the repair done. The original is a joke. The redesigned part is definitely beefier but it still looks like a cast piece of garbage. I think a permanent fix won't come around until the aftermarket digs in and comes up with a better solution.
mt82fork.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
chrishammondx

chrishammondx

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Base MT82
I saw this picture on Facebook from someone who had the repair done. The original is a joke. The redesigned part is definitely beefier but it still looks like a cast piece of garbage. I think a permanent fix won't come around until the aftermarket digs in and comes up with a better solution.
mt82fork.jpg
Geez! Thicc! Service guy told me it's revised and the part# has changed for it

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
That is definitely an improved design. It almost looks like an engineer did it...

b18__crx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mOOOSESTANG
Reading all these posts, I might as well break it now while its under warranty. I read somewhere there is a TSB for this issue but has to be inop in order for repair, wonder if a recall will ever happen.
Sponsored