2018 GT, A10, 3.0 Whipple @ the "Milwaukee Mile Street Drags"

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
Here in Milwaukee we have a new race event held at our unused oval race track and this year they made an event called the "Milwaukee Mile Street Drags". We race right down the front straightaway.
It's short but a blast! Races are only 300', no burnouts or prep allowed whatsoever. There are 18 classes to choose from starting at imports, 4 wheelers, motorcycles, detroit iron, corvettes, mustang OEM and Mustang 'Open' classes, with a bunch in between and it really brings our hundreds of the local street and track racers for some fun 0-80mph 'stoplight to stoplight style racing.
Launching in 2nd gear the entire night was the ticket as it let soft enough to let people get out a bit but came on hard where I could reel them in quick after that, 1st was way to aggressive and not an option. Coupled with 200lbs of softener salt in the trunk, it hooked well. Lol
On our 2018 Whipple GT Auto, I used the paddles and started in 2nd gear for each race which I was impressed with honestly. It was ok for my class but wouldn't have cut it in the faster classes....
Last night we had 13 runs, 4 during practice where you are lined up against anything (I got whomped by a tubbed, blown Willys which was badass!) and then onto our Mustang Open class which we ended up winning!

Sponsored

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Pretty Cool! Hey any time you can get some wide open runs in thats a plus!!!

OP
OP
HRSEPLA

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
Pretty Cool! Hey any time you can get some wide open runs in thats a plus!!!
That’s what I’m sayin!
Sponsored