5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
So if I move to western NC, install mine? lol...You definitely have gone above and beyond with the loom and tape...looks great!

OP
OP
randy_tho

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol. I spent like 3 to 4 days on this. I was going for as close to a factory looking install as possible. It's pretty awesome how you can get all the materials on Amazon for cheap. I got a lot of the ideas from a shop that posts a lot on YouTube. I used ferrules any place there may be bare wire used on a compression fitting. I'm going to change out that RCA mainly because this one is about double what's needed and hopefully work out the remaining issue.

So if I move to western NC, install mine? lol...You definitely have gone above and beyond with the loom and tape...looks great!

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Can you share the link to that youtube channel? I wouldn't mind seeing some stuff on that to give me a refresher.

Sponsored

OP
OP
randy_tho

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hooked up new RCA and pulled it up over seat back down to amp. No difference.

Tried the trick to ground RCA premp shield directly to head unit chassis. Created static.

Tried to ground radio chassis to amp ground. No difference.

Tried to reroute power leads to amp. No difference.

Basicly only thing that helps is keep the gain low.

I am leaning towards the rca preamps being trash on this unit.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Oh man that is not good news at all. I wonder if there is a gain control in the unit itself for those outputs...it is a computer so there may be something in the software that controls the level out of those rca's...possibly?

OP
OP
randy_tho

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm getting some whine when I get the gain set to where the rears driven from the head unit are pretty matched. Right now I'm running itow gain and front stage only. I'm going to try checking the resistance on rca out shield against the unit body. And may try again by grounding head unit body back to a chasis ground. The resistance is like .2 on everything though.

I also ordered a ground isolater too. That will be the last step.

I've also not checked the sync module maybe having a grounding issue. It has RCA cables so maybe something going on there.

I played with the software but I don't think so. I think they are pretty low voltage though seeing as how the amp doesn't need much gain adjustment.

Oh man that is not good news at all. I wonder if there is a gain control in the unit itself for those outputs...it is a computer so there may be something in the software that controls the level out of those rca's...possibly?

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Dayum, the mystery continues.

OP
OP
randy_tho

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I think I understand the deal of measuring resistance across a ground. For instance I measured from RCA ground shield to radio chasis and then again from radio side of RCA shield to amp side of RCA shield. The radio chasis read lower. Least resistence therefore better ground and where noise should "go". I think chasis was like .3 and RCA like .8 ohm.

Of so the chasis seems to ground against the car from the anchor brackets on a cross bar at the top. This gets like .3 ohm also.

So no idea on what the deal is. Everything measures out.

I added a pac sni1 and this "fixed" the noise. It sounds good and better with a little more gain now that the noise is gone. So I think I'm going this route unless someone comes along with an idea. I'm wondering if there is a bad ground somewhere internal on the head unit or maybe against the sync module?

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Man, you have definitely done your due diligence on this...I'm glad you have a "solution". You might be right about the internal ground. I've almost resigned myself to the fact I might have to just by one straight from Seicane as I can't find others with the higher specs they have.

OP
OP
randy_tho

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. On the eBay seller I requested the 2 gig upgrade and they just updated the listing with those specs.

This weekend I tried setting the gain with a multimeter and to get it to the 20 volts it introduced too much noise. So I backed it down a bit. It seems good and balanced with the rears now. I hate the idea of using a filter but I think I'm going to leave it. The only other thing I can come up with is maybe run the ground wire to the amp ground instead of the car harness.

="5.0_SD, post: 2358924, member: 29061"]Man, you have definitely done your due diligence on this...I'm glad you have a "solution". You might be right about the internal ground. I've almost resigned myself to the fact I might have to just by one straight from Seicane as I can't find others with the higher specs they have.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
An idea might be to tie ALL the audio unit grounds together. Do you have a link for your unit or the sellers name?

OP
OP
randy_tho

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An idea might be to tie ALL the audio unit grounds together. Do you have a link for your unit or the sellers name?
I'll try to dig out the seller but I think it was the dvdgps guy. Connecting all those rca's would not be fun. I did manage to find a short Chinese YouTube video without much explanation that seemed to indicate the ground connections on the harness can be bad and they removed them and attached separately. It was like a Camry or something.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I meant just the power grounds together, not the signal carriers.
dvdgps-manufacturer from the other thread no longer exists on ebay.
Sponsored