Sponsored

MSRP deal found but...

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 (sold)
Finally found a dealership willing to sell their Bullitt at MSRP. The only problem is that the vehicle has an eye sore. They drilled the front bumper and installed the hideous license plate bracket. They said it can’t be reversed and the only way to fix this is to purchase a new bumper? Not sure I want to go that route. Any suggestions? Would this be a deal breaker for you to purchase at MSRP? I appreciate your thoughts and opinions... Thanks
Sponsored

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I wouldn't let it stop me; get a set of paint to match bumper plugs at http://bumperplugs.com/ and enjoy your new Bullitt :beer:

Speedycrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1913, 2010 Mustang GT (racecar)
I second the bumper plug route.....I used them on my wife's Acura MDX...matched great! That said, if it is always going to bother you, I would look for another car. I just got an MSRP deal as well, the car was built last week, and I pick it up on Wednesday. While I was waiting, two other dealerships that had previously quoted me well over MSRP came back at sticker. Just run a search on Autotrader and email every dealer that shows up in an acceptable vicinity....I an sure you will definitely find another at MSRP close by as winter is approaching rapidly here up north!

Soton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Would this be a deal breaker for you to purchase at MSRP? I appreciate your thoughts and opinions... Thanks
Most likely. I think want has overpowered most of our rationale minds and we're willing to go beyond what we normally would to get a Bullitt. This coming from a guy that traveled 1,700 miles to get his at MSRP.

Just hang out a bit longer. Do not listen to the dealers that say Ford will only produce 200 :crackup: or magneride will be discontinued. For any negotiation to be truly successful you must have the ability to walk away. I wouldn't settle until Ford confirm they are only producing 200...

Last edited:

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
Finally found a dealership willing to sell their Bullitt at MSRP. The only problem is that the vehicle has an eye sore. They drilled the front bumper and installed the hideous license plate bracket. They said it can’t be reversed and the only way to fix this is to purchase a new bumper? Not sure I want to go that route. Any suggestions? Would this be a deal breaker for you to purchase at MSRP? I appreciate your thoughts and opinions... Thanks
For whatever reason, it seems the first thing many dealers do is install the front licence plate bracket. My dealer has new Mustangs that still have the white vinyl protective covering in place, but they've already installed the front plate bracket. I've even seen new unsold Bullitts sitting at dealers with this bracket in place. When I ordered my 2018 RC GT Premium I told my sales guy that I didn't want the bracket installed. I reminded him numerous times during the 3 months I waited for delivery. I saw the car right after it came off the truck and he had the bracket in his hand. Sometimes the message does get through. Dealers need to be aware there are all kinds of different front plate mounting options for Mustangs and even dealer stock cars shouldn't have the front plate bracket installed until a new owner has decided yes or no.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
For whatever reason, it seems the first thing many dealers do is install the front licence plate bracket. My dealer has new Mustangs that still have the white vinyl protective covering in place, but they've already installed the front plate bracket. I've even seen new unsold Bullitts sitting at dealers with this bracket in place. When I ordered my 2018 RC GT Premium I told my sales guy that I didn't want the bracket installed. I reminded him numerous times during the 3 months I waited for delivery. I saw the car right after it came off the truck and he had the bracket in his hand. Sometimes the message does get through. Dealers need to be aware there are all kinds of different front plate mounting options for Mustangs and even dealer stock cars shouldn't have the front plate bracket installed until a new owner has decided yes or no.

Same here when I ordered my Bullitt. Told the sales guy several times ("No holes in the front Bumper), also told my service advisor, and the day the car arrived at the dealer, I was there first thing with my Sho N Sto in my hand. They definitely got the message, because when I went to pick up the car, they asked if it was OK to drill for the rear license plate (I gave them the OK on that). On an Escape, fine... But on a car that they know an enthusiast is likely to buy, they should hold off....
Sponsored