Sponsored

Don't let dealer wash your new car!

timn330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium Convertible PP Magnetic
I purchased my new '17 from a friend at a local dealer. He had to get it from another dealer, so I am not sure which dealer did this, but it was obviously washed with some kind of stiff bristle brush. There are scratches all over it. I have the Magnetic color, so you have to look closely at the paint to notice, but it is really obvious on the wheels. I never get the dealer to wash it after a service but you would expect the delivery wash to be done to a better standard. So in future, when I replace this one, I'll ask them NOT to wash it.
wheel1 copy.jpg
wheel2.jpg
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I feel for you.

Just one of several reasons I always special order. With the threat of bodily harm hanging over them, there is a good chance it survives the few hours between unloading and me driving it away.

Another good tip: Don't run with scissors in traffic without looking.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
LONG time ago I worked at a truck wash.... and car wash after that.

I'm not even sure what they would have in the wash and dry bays to do that. An auto washer would not do that. Maybe a hard brush for tires only?

Amazing... and total BS (whichever dealer it was).

OP
OP
timn330

timn330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium Convertible PP Magnetic
When did you notice that? I would have refused delivery.
I took the wheels off a week after I got it to clean the inside of them and noticed it. I didn't take it back because, my friend works at the dealer and he got it from another dealer. So, I am assuming the initial dealer did it. I was able to eventually polish the scratches out.

Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
I’ve watched the lot washers at my dealer use a long handled brush and a 5 gallon bucket. The first guy slops the soapy water on, scrubs it around then the second guy with a pressure washer and water tank mounted in the back of a pickup rinse it off.

Every car but white shows tons of micro scratches and is the reason I special ordered instead of taking one from stock. I made them give me their word no one would touch the car except for the PDI they have to do. I took the car home filthy dirty with all the plastic still in place. And there are absolutely no scratches in it!

kutsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
'11 V6 Convertible, '19 GT Convertible (upcoming)
Vehicle Showcase
I know it is an old thread but wanted to share an experience.

I was picking up special order mustang today and I told the dealer: "Can you please make sure that nobody and I mean nobody touches the car except for the mechanics? And by nobody, I mean no washing, no removing of protective plastics, nothing. I am fine picking up car unwashed in protective plastics, I will not be fine picking up the car if I find scratches made by washers". Guess what, they did wash the car and they did scratch the back panel, so I walked away :(

Vadim

PS: is it Frontier Ford in Santa Clara.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I don't know why some dealers insist on washing cars even when you ask not to. This happened with my car and again when a friend of mine just picked up a new Focus ST a few weeks ago. Even after I said "don't touch the car", they still did and said "we had to, it was just so dirty!"

kutsyy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
'11 V6 Convertible, '19 GT Convertible (upcoming)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my car (from Morgan Hills Ford, sales person is Kevyn). Took a few hours to remove all wrappings and wash a car. Happy with results.
IMG_1545.jpg
IMG_1551.jpg
IMG_1548.jpg

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
this is what I put in my car if I ever have to take it to the shop..

You Touch my Mustang...jpg

And I also asked them not to touch anything when the car arrived, and they did.
Sponsored