Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

Sponsored

Tempest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw passat
Hey guys, please give me some more information not only about mileage but also about problems you had.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Bought it 1/25/15..... just hit 128 miles. yeah, I gotta drive this thing..
You do sir. Don't save that car for the second owner. I did that with an '06 Corvette, and have sworn never to do that again. Get that Mustang out, and enjoy the ride.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
52,500 on my Ecoboost (6 speed manual w/Performance Pkg) as of this morning....didn't count on getting laid off at my last job and having a 35 mile (each way) commute!

I ordered mine and picked it up with delivery mileage in late March 2016.

Things that have gone wrong on it:

1) Cannister purge valve-threw the one and only code that the vehicle has ever thrown (around 30k miles)
2) LPFS (a common Ecoboost problem)-went out this summer at about 43k miles. I changed it myself, after a misdiagnosis from an (other than my usual) stealership. It is now the revision C part.
3) driver's side seat belt was frayed at the edge and replaced under federal safety equipment mandated warranty. I'm not sure if I was responsible for that one or not-I suspect that the Velcro on my Columbia winter coat may have grabbed it a time or two.

So far, it hasn't left me walking...:clap:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Hey guys, please give me some more information not only about mileage but also about problems you had.
As said through IM, my car had some early problems in the first ~25000 miles, had the driveshaft replaced (vibration at speed), water pump and AC condenser replaced, AC evaporator core (AC stopped working), and a few other very minor things like seat stitching came undone at one spot. In the past 20,000 miles have had zero issues (knock on wood) other than oil needing to be replaced periodically.

Austind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium - PP Lightening Blue
50,000. Received the car in August 2016 by factory order.
Issues:
Air conditioning quit after 2k.
Reoccurring engine misfire
Never hooked up radio antenna
Heated seats stopped working
Pirelli factory tires lasted less than 2k. Never burned out once during the first 2k. Very Disappointing. Sent them back to the factory and never heard from them again.

Truthfully, none of this stuff really bothered me much. Warranty has covered all with no arguments and nothing has come up in the last 40,000 miles. Just starting to use half a quart of oil between oil changes. The engine misfire was some rail that controls the airflow, that took this website to diagnose for my local dealer. Thanks tribe!!

Still love my car and plan to drive the doors off it!

Sponsored

DeerLick

Blehhhhhh.....
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red GT Premium PP1
52,500 on my Ecoboost (6 speed manual w/Performance Pkg) as of this morning....didn't count on getting laid off at my last job and having a 35 mile (each way) commute!

I ordered mine and picked it up with delivery mileage in late March 2016.

Things that have gone wrong on it:

1) Cannister purge valve-threw the one and only code that the vehicle has ever thrown (around 30k miles)
2) LPFS (a common Ecoboost problem)-went out this summer at about 43k miles. I changed it myself, after a misdiagnosis from an (other than my usual) stealership. It is now the revision C part.
3) driver's side seat belt was frayed at the edge and replaced under federal safety equipment mandated warranty. I'm not sure if I was responsible for that one or not-I suspect that the Velcro on my Columbia winter coat may have grabbed it a time or two.

So far, it hasn't left me walking...:clap:
LPFS? What issue is this?

My EB also threw a code for the canister purge valve right at 30k miles as well. Had that fixed under warranty, which was a PITA. Took two visits to the dealership before it was finally resolved. Had to leave it overnight once since they had to special order the part also. Currently at about 39K miles.

I have a bit of clutch chatter at hot temperatures, but other than that I haven't had any other issues.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
LPFS? What issue is this?

My EB also threw a code for the canister purge valve right at 30k miles as well. Had that fixed under warranty, which was a PITA. Took two visits to the dealership before it was finally resolved. Had to leave it overnight once since they had to special order the part also. Currently at about 39K miles.

I have a bit of clutch chatter at hot temperatures, but other than that I haven't had any other issues.
LPFS=Low Pressure Fuel [Pressure] Sensor, it is a sensor that reads the fuel pressure in the low pressure rail (this is where the fuel is pumped before the high pressure fuel pump picks it up and puts it into the direct injection system). Here's the primary thread for this in the Ecoboost subforum: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sensor-failings-you-could-have-one-too.100140/

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I have 8800 miles on my '17 GT as of today.
Bought in April of 17

Just don't drive it much..............

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
My 16, bought in April of 16 has about 43k if I recall correctly. I had surgery on my ankle so I didnt drive from Oct 3rd until last night, but the GT hasnt moved since Oct 1st.

Original AC, but I had a compressor bearing go bad. The only other issue I've had is the power connector for the windshield washer pump came loose for some reason. I thought the pump had died so I took it in. FYI, that plug is behind the hood heat shield. No clue how it unsnapped itself.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
42K km (26k mi). Purchased on April 17th 2017 (Google 'April 17 1964' if you've been living under a rock). It's my DD.
Sponsored