IMG-20180919-WA0015.jpg

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I LOVE those wheels. Looks like they would be easy to clean too. :)
Yes....easy to clean. But I wish they were wider. My tires are 255 wide and that's as wide as I can safely go with these CS wheels.:headbang:

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Too subdued.
At some point you should come out of your shell & shout,
“I’M LOUD AND I’M PROUD!”
LOL Bob, that's the reaction I'm looking for.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes....easy to clean. But I wish they were wider. My tires are 255 wide and that's as wide as I can safely go with these CS wheels.:headbang:
Hi Derek, I thought the CS rims could accommodate a wider tire, I know the stock tires are 255/40, but I thought you could put a wider tire on there... if that is not the case have you considered spacers? I think CJ's has some 25mm that are pretty conservative. I have read both good and bad about the spacers though...

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Hi Derek, I thought the CS rims could accommodate a wider tire, I know the stock tires are 255/40, but I thought you could put a wider tire on there... if that is not the case have you considered spacers? I think CJ's has some 25mm that are pretty conservative. I have read both good and bad about the spacers though...
Hey Lorne, our rims are only 8 1/2” wide. Our stock tires are 255mm or 10” wide. Going wider would give more bulge on the walls. My fear is more outward sidewall pressure.....a good bump and popping my tire. Maybe me just being paranoid. But for me, better sake than sorry.

And BTW, I have 20mm spacers now. I have been running them for the past two driving seasons. :)

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Lorne, our rims are only 8 1/2” wide. Our stock tires are 255mm or 10” wide. Going wider would give more bulge on the walls. My fear is more outward sidewall pressure.....a good bump and popping my tire. Maybe me just being paranoid. But for me, better sake than sorry.

And BTW, I have 20mm spacers now. I have been running them for the past two driving seasons. :)
Thanks Derek.... I actually meant 20mm.. I guess some of the horror stories i've heard about spacers coming loose and constantly having to worry about rechecking the torque kind of scared me away from them. I love the look of the CS rims- much more so than the stock rims on my coupe, but really want the tires more flush with the fenders.. What brand spacers did you buy and do you have to check them periodically? I know that hub centric is the way to go..