The Royal Crimson Mach 1 Project

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Okay. I posted in Welcome new members and now I am going to make a thread for this ride. It is a 2018 GT Automatic 301A with Tan seats, The two tone wheels that have the matt black pockets and brushed aluminum edging. The only other add on was the Nav system. I want to try and pay homage to the Mach 1 since i once saw a Mach 1 in a similiar color when i was a kid and frankly, never got over it.

This is going to be a mostly "show and no go" car as i want it to be a daily driver that can do all weather/rain and clear debris on the highway and handle the mild winters in GA (I have a Raptor if the weather calls for it but i dont want this to be a summer only car). The base model GT A10 still goes like crazy. I think it is faster to 60 and probably in the quarter than my 2011 GT 500 w SVT package was (at least with me behind the wheel).

Mods in the works:
MBRP pro series axleback: https://www.americanmuscle.com/mbrp-proseries-axleback-exhaust-2018-gt-w-o-active-exhaust.html
MMD ABS Rear Louvers: https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-rear-window-louver-1516.html
Cervinis Quarter Window Scoops "Eleanor" Style painted in Crimson Red to Match: https://www.cervinis.com/2015-2017-mustang-eleanor-style-window-scoops.html
Lance Side 3m Vinyl Kit: https://www.pfyc.com/PROD.html?Product_Code=FP1006 (3M Matt Black)
Window Tint
Swap the 5.0 to matt black.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
This is what im going for.
4-8.jpg
3-7.jpg

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Here is what i have.
20180918_182805_HDR.jpg
20180918_182752_HDR.jpg
20180918_182733_HDR.jpg
20180918_182733_HDR.jpg
20180918_182752_HDR.jpg
20180918_182642_HDR.jpg

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Questions:

1) Does anyone make the extra wide Matt black hood decal?
2) Does anyone make a matt black trunk accent decal?
3) Does anyone make a Matt black decal for the blade spoiler....if I have to have it removed and painted the trouble will hardly be worth the benefit...which is prob same for hood.

I am not doing hood pins...and obviously all trim in matt black instead of the gold.
Just find a vinyl wrap installer and have theme do it. You will love the results

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Different light
20180918_190916_HDR.jpg
20180918_190903_HDR.jpg
20180918_190815_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I'd do the entire hood and down into the top of the bumper cover, leaving a 2"-3" body color edge.

Side stripes can be done with original '69 stripe kit from NPD cut to size, unless the '18 door is longer.

Can't imagine it costing too much for a shop to paint those areas and the spoiler.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Agree any custom car vinyl shop with design capabilities should be able to do it all. Alpha 1 Vinyl for instance does a ton of race bikes and cars in whatever theme the owner can dream up.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I'd highly recommend against the MBRP exhaust. Everything that they make sounds like garbage to my ears. If you don't have the Active Exhaust, you're better off just getting the AE mufflers and having them installed, then wiring the butterfly in the open position.

That said, I think that car will look great as an homage to the Mach 1. I LOVE Royal Crimson!

JR

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Uh oh! I enjoyed the sound clips on youtube from American Muscle and it was the current highest rated/most purchased of the axel backs. It came in at 4 bars on their "wake the neighbors" scale which is what i wanted...one bar into the yellow and in the reviews he said it has a DEEPER tone, which is what i wanted. I have had Rousch and that high pitched "raspy" sound is more import than muscle to my ears...i wanted the deep rumble.

Now i see this from you and uh oh........ I don't want "garbage" obviously. Any chance this set sounds different on the 2018s???
I haven't heard the 2018+, and based on Youtube videos, I really like the MBRP axle back on the 2015-17, but in person, it doesn't sound good. The Roush is even worse (I think it sounds like yelling and farts). I have my "Active" mufflers set to full open, and it's not too loud or obnoxious. It's nowhere near as loud as the muffler deletes I had on my 2006 GT, and sounds really good at startup. Downshifts get you a nice pop and gurgle, but again, it's not too loud. I'll be wiring them up to be controllable as soon as the heat in Florida breaks.

If you're looking for a more 'off-the-shelf' solution, check out Solo Performance Mach XV. It would be trivial to add dual tips to it to fit out the rear valance of the vehicle, and they sound FANTASTIC in person.

You likely have a bunch of the wiring already in place for the Active Exhaust, and very well may just need the mufflers, actuators (included with mufflers) and final pigtail, to make it work. There is a thread that @breeves002 started, detailing how he got things set up. People are working through adding the wiring to 2018s that have part, or none of the harness, and activating the feature with ForSCAN.

JR

Sponsored
OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
I just happen to find this crimson red with the cervini grill. Now imagine the majority of the hood in matt black following the natural contour of the raised center area above it.
cervini c series_n.jpg
cervini 1es.jpg
cervini 3.jpg
cervini 5_n.jpg
cervini 6_n.jpg
cervini 7_n.jpg
Lourvers.jpg

This car isn't crimson but it is the nearest i can find with the lourvers

Last edited:
OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Axlebacks installed tomorrow.
20180920_171532.jpg

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Shout out to American Muscle . Dang are they FAST.

Happy to report it does not sound like garbage . Quite good actually . The tone got deeper not raspy. With the A10 at 60 to 70 in 10th it sound like factory . From 70 to 80 it's factory plus 10%. At high RPMs it is factory plus 30%.

For those looking at this for the daily driver commute be warned...if you move in an area with lots of hills it will drone a bit between 75 and 80 when you are going up hill. On a flat road it's not bad at all. I could see where it would get fatiguing say going up I40 into black mountain in carolina where you steady climb for almost am hour straight and i can see where this wouldn't be my top choice for daily driver w a long commute. Fortunately, I work from home.

I will drive it to the Tennessee mountains in a few week to see if it's an issue or not, currently I have 10 minutes behind the wheel and I had to simulate the drone artificially by down shifting into 8th and applying steady throttle. Not sure if it will even happen in real world driving. Absolutely no issues around town and at speeds less than 70ish.

I haven't heard the 2018+, and based on Youtube videos, I really like the MBRP axle back on the 2015-17, but in person, it doesn't sound good. The Roush is even worse (I think it sounds like yelling and farts). I have my "Active" mufflers set to full open, and it's not too loud or obnoxious. It's nowhere near as loud as the muffler deletes I had on my 2006 GT, and sounds really good at startup. Downshifts get you a nice pop and gurgle, but again, it's not too loud. I'll be wiring them up to be controllable as soon as the heat in Florida breaks.

If you're looking for a more 'off-the-shelf' solution, check out Solo Performance Mach XV. It would be trivial to add dual tips to it to fit out the rear valance of the vehicle, and they sound FANTASTIC in person.

You likely have a bunch of the wiring already in place for the Active Exhaust, and very well may just need the mufflers, actuators (included with mufflers) and final pigtail, to make it work. There is a thread that @breeves002 started, detailing how he got things set up. People are working through adding the wiring to 2018s that have part, or none of the harness, and activating the feature with ForSCAN.

JR
20180921_101812.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Mate black 5.0 replacements from CJ Pony parts are here already
20180921_140101.jpg

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Another shout out to American Muscle.

2 day delivery on louvers. 1 day delivery on a painted black rear California Special Pedistal spoiler.

Since the Grill and Quarter scoops are back ordered for a couple months...this stuff and the vinyl are going on the week after next .
20180921_155846.jpg
Sponsored