Cervini Ordering problems

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
So I ordered a Cervini upper and lower grill.

The web site clearly says "in stock" link here:

https://www.cervinis.com/2018-ford-mustang-c-series-upper-grille.html

Nope they are back ordered. Same thing happened on the quarter window scoops....it says they already have them in stock ready to ship in my color...customer service says they are 4 to 6 weeks lead time to do the paint to order.

I was going to cancel but it looks like all the third party vendors are also out of stock. I think these are just hot sellers and i get that. I also get them painting on order rather than having stacks of scoops in all colors in boxes in a warehouse (I guess??).

What I don't get is the website saying everything is ready to ship.

At first they were ok.....I had a problem early on and they explained an issue with the safe and secure package and the new version of lowers vs the old...fair enough we worked though that.

I then decided to cancel the lower scoopps and just keep the uppers and grill..that was all on me and they took care of it...good so far.

I called back in to inquire about getting their pedistal spoiler and that was when i found out for the first time about the "4 to 6 week" lead time on painted items. This came up when i asked about the status of my current order.

"Okay fair enough, send me the grill and ill get the painted items later"......"well those are actually back ordered".

Now bear in mind this all came about while their attitude towards me was getting progressively more hostile at one point accusing me of "making a lot of complicated requests"...as if asking for my items that say "READY TO SHIP" to actually be shipped was a "complicated request".....CRAZY EXPECTATION I KNOW. (sarcasm..)

I was going to cancel but since i really like their upper and lower grill, and since they are one of the few who paint matches in Royal crimson (almost no one offers this)...and since everyone is sold out of the grills and back ordered anyway..and since they look really good to my eyes...i guess I will wait it out.

Just go in with your eyes open and don't make any assumptions or the mistakes i made.

Update: 1 Hour after my last call with John, i checked back and it says "Items will ship within 15 to 20 days of ordering" on the painted items...PROGRESS.

Now if they will just update the grills to show back ordered i wouldn't have as much to warn you about.

I honestly think maybe the sales team is caught in the middle and who ever is handing their web site has dropped the ball. I also think the two versions of the lower grill (one with and one without the safe and secure package) is causing an issue for them.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joaquin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Gt
A friend of mine got screwed too. Paid for paint on the side vents and window louvers. Needless to say they only painted the window louvers and sent the side vents unpainted.

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
A friend of mine got screwed too. Paid for paint on the side vents and window louvers. Needless to say they only painted the window louvers and sent the side vents unpainted.
Well if it is paypal you just dispute the claim. He has a receipt for what he purchased, he has the incorrect part....claim filed to pay pal and money returned no?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
When I bought mine, only CJ had them. Cost me $100 more, but I got them within a week.

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Well I got an email stating I should have all my items yet
1) I don't have them
2) They still show as pending on the cervini web site.
3) We haven't even hit the time window yet of what i was told for back order and paint.

So I am guessing this is just an auto generated email survey that everyone gets...

Surely they haven't just declared my order done without shipping me anything and without even showing my items as sent in tracking...

Sponsored

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Well I got an email stating I should have all my items yet
1) I don't have them
2) They still show as pending on the cervini web site.
3) We haven't even hit the time window yet of what i was told for back order and paint.

So I am guessing this is just an auto generated email survey that everyone gets...

Surely they haven't just declared my order done without shipping me anything and without even showing my items as sent in tracking...

I made a thread as well not too long ago about them. They kept giving me run arounds and playing games with me. Even going through the return process was a pain like they just don't care at all. At the end, I went through paypal and filed a claim and got my refund through them. Never again am I purchasing from cervini.

Also, american muscle says they'll be in stock 12+ weeks so that might give you a general idea when you'll be getting yours. I wouldn't be surprised.

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
I made a thread as well not too long ago about them. They kept giving me run arounds and playing games with me. Even going through the return process was a pain like they just don't care at all. At the end, I went through paypal and filed a claim and got my refund through them. Never again am I purchasing from cervini.

Also, american muscle says they'll be in stock 12+ weeks so that might give you a general idea when you'll be getting yours. I wouldn't be surprised.
I did have a recent chat with their customer service and they said that the emails are indeed auto generated and not really corresponding to when the product is ready. I was told I am 2 or 3 weeks out for the grills and scoops.

It has also been hinted to me by some of the after market folks around here that THEY can get parts quicker than I can...as if to say a company like Cervini prioritizes their aftermarket vendors and installers above the individual customers in the que, but that certainly cant be TOO true if AM is 12 weeks out as well.

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I did have a recent chat with their customer service and they said that the emails are indeed auto generated and not really corresponding to when the product is ready. I was told I am 2 or 3 weeks out for the grills and scoops.

It has also been hinted to me by some of the after market folks around here that THEY can get parts quicker than I can...as if to say a company like Cervini prioritizes their aftermarket vendors and installers above the individual customers in the que, but that certainly cant be TOO true if AM is 12 weeks out as well.
When I had mine ordered, their website said they had them in stock. They didn't though so when I called them on a tuesday, they said theyll have them in stock by friday and ready to ship. I waited and still nothing shipped then I called them once again and they said they wont get them in by 9/14 which was like 2-3 weeks after. They kept toying with me with my refund too. By the looks of it, it looks like they still haven't got any in stock this whole time. Glad I got my refund through paypal.

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
When I had mine ordered, their website said they had them in stock. They didn't though so when I called them on a tuesday, they said theyll have them in stock by friday and ready to ship. I waited and still nothing shipped then I called them once again and they said they wont get them in by 9/14 which was like 2-3 weeks after. They kept toying with me with my refund too. By the looks of it, it looks like they still haven't got any in stock this whole time. Glad I got my refund through paypal.
Same thing on my end...web site said in stock but when you actually pay for them they are backordered. I am okay with waiting a few weeks or even up to a couple months as long as I get the right part with no damage as advertised. I do however wish they were just up front about their lead time. As I said, I get the feeling their sales assistance are caught between a rock and a hard place with their web developers not keeping the page update. I did get the "the page is being updated" line many times but it sounded so rehearsed like they were just used to having to say it almost as a disclaimer. As I asked more questions, I also got the "my supervisor says I can't talk to you and have to route all questions through him" line which could be something they have put into place to help ease unhappy customers but it did come off as a bit sketchy to me.

I guess I will just have to wait and see...if it all comes out in a few weeks, I will come back and post pictures and give them credit and thanks. If not..well you will hear about that also.

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Well i made a new friend today and I think they know her by name over at Cervini. Leah has a Cervini hood, cervini upper and lower grills, lower side scoops, rear spoiler, quarter window lovers. Her car can literally be a model car for Cervini. She is running 20 inch wheels 255s in front and 295s in rear on her 50th anniversary. She even changed the seat stitching to orange and has a ton of engine dress up as well. I should have taken more pictures. (Man that air raid intake is sharp).

It looks darn good.

Now for the bad news...even as the president of a couple mustang clubs and being well known to Cervini, her experience was exactly the same as mine. She also owns a an 18 in Royal Crimson same as mine..and even now she is sitting back ordered waiting on her stuff. Not a happy camper as she likes to point out..they are VERY QUICK to take your payment..... Now you are talking about a nice lady who has a car that could be THE cervini model show car...saying if she does another one she will likely go with a different vendor..in spite of the fact that she likes the looks of the cervini stuff the best.

Not exactly a glowing review.

On a positive note...i think she may have hooked me up with a much better operation for getting my suspension reworked and since Leah lives so close...i think we might hang out.
Leah1.JPG
leah2.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
For those interested, I just got a message that LMR has the 18 C series grilles in stock.

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
For those interested, I just got a message that LMR has the 18 C series grilles in stock.
I wonder if that means i will be getting mine from Cervini soon?

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
I purchased mine from cervini a few days ago and it shipped the next day.

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
I purchased mine from cervini a few days ago and it shipped the next day.
I just sent them the following message via their interface:

"Hello. I am hearing from friends on Mustang G6 that these items are in stock. One person said his upper and lower grill shipped the next day. My order is now 1 month old. Can you please check on this and get back to me?"

30 Days out is roughly what i was expecting after i had talked to Niki a couple times however. We will see what kind of response i get.

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
Hope you get it soon, everything went smooth for me, I did order the grill without the smart package or whatever that option was
Screenshot_20181014-213108_Gmail.jpg
Sponsored