Sponsored

18' GT PP1 or PP2 or GT350 or 14'GT500 or keep the Boss!

Which Pony

• Keep the Boss 302 (It's all setup and fun)

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • GT350 (after all its a Gen6 forum)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • GT 5.0 PP1 (You aren't gonna make it to the track)

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • GT 5.0 PP2 (You aren't gonna track it, but dang it's cool)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • GT500 (No Fury Orange, but more HP than a 55yr old will ever need)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Not another "what car should I buy poll"

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Bacon (as all polls should have bacon as a choice)

Votes: 20 24.1%

• Total voters

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,
New member here (although I'm on Boss302 and SVT) with yet another "what car should I buy" question.
I currently have a 2013 Boss 302 in School Bus Yellow. Rides on Steeda lowering with FRPP control arms, F14s etc etc. I bought it thinking I would get back into track racing. (used be a member of Nor Cal Shelby with a 1965 GT350 clone). Have had the car for 3 years and have not made it to a track event yet.

Anyway . . .

I started my search looking for a Fury Orange GT350. Then got distracted after driving a 14' GT500. Then got distracted again with the new 18' GT PP1 or PP2 cars in Fury. I know. I know all different.

Curious if others have gone down the 662Hp Super Charger, vs GT350 Track Scalpel , vs GT PP1 or PP2 decision route.

I'm trying to be realistic this time. My chances of tracking are slime to none. I do like the weekend canyon carving and trips to Monterey and Tahoe. The allure of the 14' GT500 is strong as is the allure of the GT350 or the PP2 cars.

I wish I could have all 3.

Thanks in advance gentlemen . . .

Bob
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Hey Guys,
New member here (although I'm on Boss302 and SVT) with yet another "what car should I buy" question.
I currently have a 2013 Boss 302 in School Bus Yellow. Rides on Steeda lowering with FRPP control arms, F14s etc etc. I bought it thinking I would get back into track racing. (used be a member of Nor Cal Shelby with a 1965 GT350 clone). Have had the car for 3 years and have not made it to a track event yet.

Anyway . . .

I started my search looking for a Fury Orange GT350. Then got distracted after driving a 14' GT500. Then got distracted again with the new 18' GT PP1 or PP2 cars in Fury. I know I know all different.

Curious if other have gone down the 662Hp Super Charger, vs GT350 Track Scalpel , vs GT PP1 or PP2 decision route.

I'm trying to be realistic this time. My chances of tracking are slime to none. I do like the weekend canyon carving and trips to Monterey and Tahoe. The allure of the 14' GT500 is strong as is the allure of the GT350 or the PP2 cars.

I wish I could have all 3.

Thanks in advance gentlemen . . .

Bob
I've owned a 13 Boss 302, I own a 17 GT350, and my girlfriend owns a 19 Mustang GT PP1.

The PP2 will be rough on the streets unless you swap the Cup 2s to a street tire. Tramlining is even present in my GT350, but I've kind of gotten used to it in my GT350 (similar front tire size). It cannot be ignored on Cup 2s. Swapping the tires though, the PP2 would be a great car.

The Boss was... and is my favorite street car though. The side dumps, the short gearing, the character all added up to so much fun. You could push it hard on the street, and the sound through the side dumps was glorious. The GT350 is fantastic though, but the longer gearing and the low end being a little lackluster prevents it from overtaking the Boss for street fun. However... on track, there is no comparison. The GT350 feels unleashed, and repeatedly taking the Voodoo to redline makes the Boss with the Roadrunner engine feel ancient. That's why I've kept the GT350.

The GT500 is a bit too much IMO on street. I like having a usable first gear.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I voted for Bacon.

Some thoughts: You live in Cali - roads are good, so you might not see the huge advantage to IRS that I did in MN. I really hated the lack of body control in my older base GTs, and the more stiffly suspended performance oriented stick axle Mustangs had a really crappy ride on big potholes and expansion joints. If you like the way the Boss handles and it doesn't drive you crazy with the rear skipping around on bumps just keep it.

If you are curious - drive some of the newer IRS equipped Mustangs and decide for yourself. I think the GT350 is amazing, but you aren't trying to please me.

OP
OP
Calif-GT500

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned a 13 Boss 302, I own a 17 GT350, and my girlfriend owns a 19 Mustang GT PP1.

The PP2 will be rough on the streets unless you swap the Cup 2s to a street tire. Tramlining is even present in my GT350, but I've kind of gotten used to it in my GT350 (similar front tire size). It cannot be ignored on Cup 2s. Swapping the tires though, the PP2 would be a great car.

The Boss was... and is my favorite street car though. The side dumps, the short gearing, the character all added up to so much fun. You could push it hard on the street, and the sound through the side dumps was glorious. The GT350 is fantastic though, but the longer gearing and the low end being a little lackluster prevents it from overtaking the Boss for street fun. However... on track, there is no comparison. The GT350 feels unleashed, and repeatedly taking the Voodoo to redline makes the Boss with the Roadrunner engine feel ancient. That's why I've kept the GT350.

The GT500 is a bit too much IMO on street. I like having a usable first gear.
Thanks for the feedback Cosmo. I do like the Boss and not even sure I need something new, but dang I do have the itch for something new. I think the PPT2 might be out as it is really setup to be a track version of the PP1 or GT350 light. Those tires would have to be replaced to drive on the street with Pilot 4s (for me). The offset of those front rims is also a bit of concern. See I talk myself in and out of the different routes. lol

The Boss and the GT350 both speak to me as cool yet driveable in a variety of conditions. The GT500 was such fun, but you are correct on the "bit too much". In a perfect world I would have all 4!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Another vote for bacon.

I'd have a hard time not keeping the Boss....but the S550 is such a bump all-around from the S197, regardless of power level. I do ponder swapping my '15 for the right low-mile '13 Boss though once in a while, even though I have it set up nicely.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
+1 Bacon
I won’t ever buy a stick axle car so no S197 for me.
GT350R or C7Z06 was what I came down to. It could have gone either way.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Honest opinion here. If you really want to stick with a mustang, get a pp1 a10 and upgrade the handling with pp2 level tires and maybe the sway bars, bushings etc. You will have a straight line and all around performer. If you are willing to spend 50 grand above for a GT350, then do yourself a favor and get a ZL1 instead for the same price.

OP
OP
Calif-GT500

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honest opinion here. If you really want to stick with a mustang, get a pp1 a10 and upgrade the handling with pp2 level tires and maybe the sway bars, bushings etc. You will have a straight line and all around performer. If you are willing to spend 50 grand above for a GT350, then do yourself a favor and get a ZL1 instead for the same price.
Thanks Alusa . . . That's what a buddy of mine said about getting the PP1 with the A10. If it was a daily driver I would get the A10 in a heartbeat. This will be my weekend Coffee-n-Cars, Canyon Carver so I do like having the manual for the "fun factor". The GT350 price is not the issue for me.

I looked at the ZL1 but me that car has no soul like the Mustang. It's cool and all, but a bit to much "Bat Mobile" for my taste. There is just something about the Pony cars for me.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
See my sig for previous cars.....@cosmo is spot on. In a perfect world I would have both. Boss "feels" racier, I like the seats better as well...the sidepipes and the character of the boss is just so unique to that car. It's probably a little more fun on the street, but it's also pretty stripped interior compared to the 350 (auto dim rearview, options for nav/premium audio if thats your thing) That being said, The 350 also has its own character. The Shelby is the far superior track weapon with the trans,suspension, brakes, coolers. also, the IRS/updated S550 platform has its advantages. I'm fairly certain I will have another Boss 302 at some point. Can't really go wrong with either car. Shelby is ready to go out of the box, Boss needs more prep/mods for track. (pads,fluid, cooling ducts, trans scoop, clutch/shifter etc.) Drawback to the 350 is it's perfromance window is higher than what one can safely approach on the street...so a track is really needed to experience it. Both are great cars!

Sponsored

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Calif-Boss302
Timeless classic true to its roots! Keep it and pass it down the family tree. :beer:

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
get the GT500 and you will have big fun.i luv my 2014 GT500!!!:crackup:

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Gt350, that voodoo music is sweeter than chocolate and it's drop dead gorgeous.
If I could afford one I'd be driving/Tracking that, but I can't.
That being said I voted for bacon.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Weekend car...gt350 all the way. Its better sorted than the s197 gt500, and you can always add more power. I have a PP1 GT, and while a great car, it doesnt feel special like a GT350 does. I came out of a 12 Boss and I dont miss it at all compared to my 18. I do miss my 11 RTR though. I dont know why, but that car spoke to me.